• Who cares...i even watch wrestling...

2 5.00%
  • Not sure

6 15.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL rigged?

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

NFL rigged?

Anyone that watched the Colts/Pittsburgh game yesterday had to be wondering if NFL games are rigged. That pittsburgh INT that was called back and the 8 points posted by the colts afterwards to make it a game again. While i was watching it i was wondering what unbiased people were thinking. Of course i got to wondering how much of this stuff is staged...

What is your take on it? Rigged or not?

Think about the amount of money the NFL makes each year. how many people were on the Colts bandwagon this year. How many on Steelers last year. Not to mention the modern Pats dynasty. Does it pay to have certain teams win?
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

man i forgot to put in "not sure" How do i edit the poll part?!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    man i forgot to put in "not sure" How do i edit the poll part?!
    Dunno if you can?

I don't think the games are rigged but those were some stupid calls to be sure. Sometimes your team gets the benefit of the doubt and sometimes it just goes against you....

Thanks whoever hooked me up with the poll edit...you guys are on the ball today!

J B K M

Dunno about the NFL but the NBA's draft lottery has been bogus for years and I won't even begin to rant about baseball.....ugh

It would be hard to think one of those sports is and that football isn't. Id imagine it would make more money to rig football than baseball or basketball. I was always kinda finding it funny that we get hit on 9/11 and the "patriots" win the superbowl that year...WTF!!

J B K M

LOL. No. The interception was ruled an incompletion because thats the way the rule is written. No conspiracy. Fixing a football game is not possible unless too many people were involved and then the of course someone would talk about to the media. Joey Porter is just an idiot not a prognosticator.

*edit*
    Also the NFL would make more money if infact the Steelers went to the Superbowl. They have more fans than the Colts by a long shot and buy more products etc...
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    LOL. No. The interception was ruled an incompletion because thats the way the rule is written. No conspiracy. Fixing a football game is not possible unless too many people were involved and then the of course someone would talk about to the media. Joey Porter is just an idiot not a prognosticator.
    Is that why the NFL already said it was a INT and shouldn't have been overruled?

When i was reading the end of your post i was thinking either Cleveland or Cincy.....i was right!!

ALL in good fun man!

J B K M

Yeah they admitted a mistake was made but the ref still interpreted the rule as its written, correctly im my mind. His knee was clearly on the ground when he started to fumble and the rule states the possesion has to be maintained while on the ground. Im sure they'll change that rule in the offseason as the way its written will lead to many calls just like that one. Its basically the same rule that took that TD off the board in the Tampa game. Im not biased against the Steelers though, really. The fact is the NFL would want the Steelers in the SuperBowl just as much if not more than the colts so a fix in any game much less that one is not likely at all.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

rigged, dunno... corrupt, YES
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

They made the same call in the Carolina Chicago game so I dunno.
    Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE
    They made the same call in the Carolina Chicago game so I dunno.
    I love the false start/no contact one......

No flags.....and the ruling was....we dunno, play the down over again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    I love the false start/no contact one......

No flags.....and the ruling was....we dunno, play the down over again. LOL

LOL. The dude did false start. Then the colts got up and started pointing. The side judge was kinda like "stop play" but nobody threw a flag. It was a false start but.
    Respect it.

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    I would say so it's rigged. Most accurate kicker missed the most important one. I agree that whole game colts and pitt was too good to be true. Pitt was a underdog i'm wondering if the point spreads shown that.
    Comptia a+ n+

rigged!!! I don't watch NFL anymore cause of the stuff that goes on.. I prefer college ball.

i dunno ... with all the bad calls across the boards this year, it sure seems like something's up ... or all the refs got struck dumb all of a sudden ...

now i have heard before that there is a push for "certain teams" to make the playoffs if at all possible. i had a lifelong Washington fan tell me that after Dallas beat us just before the playoffs. he said he'd seen it with Dallas many times - it's like the refs try to give them a little "push" to get in every year.
    now whether that's true or not i don't know ... kinda doubt it, but then it wouldn't suprise me either ....

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I cant see the game as being rigged, but have seen the number of bad calls go up. One difficult thing is the NFL competition committee changes the rules every year, if scoring is up they relax the rules on the d to get it down, if QBs are getting hurt they clamp down on the d. The worst example I have seen in the last few years was the god dammed tuck rule call for the Pats against the Raiders (yes I am biased) but wtf.

Look at the Rose Bowl game. Tell me that was complete bull****. The question should be is football in general controlled by the illuminati?

Unfortunately my beliefs today are anything or anyone can be bought if the price is right and usually the one buying has the monetary value to do just exactly that. Why should professional sports be any different than any other product, business, enterprise, or even justice system?? Wish I could go back to the starry eyed naive little girl...it was sooo much nicer than the truth!
    Mystical Folding Minx

The true issue is that NFL Referees are not full time employees (to my knowledge). It makes it pretty hard to be held responsible when its only your part time job.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II