Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Suggest a new case

  1. #1
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051

    Suggest a new case

    Looking at taking all the stuff in my sig below and putting it in another case perhaps that lays on its side to get the video cards upright so the heat is pulled up away from each other besides into the other one. Also keep in mind that I'll soon upgrade the video cards to dual 7900's when they are released plus a upgrade in PS to the pc power and cooling turbo cool 850 SSI instead of the 510 I currently have. dimensions are 5.9"x 3.4" 9.1"mm of the 850 for reference.

    Basically i'm just looking for a much more slick lookin case with the ability to have components on the bottom so heat willl rise off the whole thing rather than onto other components.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=191448 I love that case. But its not a serious suggestion because you need to really know your cable length.

    Sadly a sideways case wont help as mush in reality as it would in theory.


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811124034

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119042

  4. #4
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051

    I like this one so far... just don't have a place for a floppy drive.. yeah I know ya don't need one but hell I have one may as well put it in lol

    but if I decide not to carry it over to the next case i'll leave it out

  5. #5
    Conspiracy Fool knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    6,047
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

    Bruce Lee

  6. #6
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    nice suggestions..but i don't want another tower.. remember "lays on its side" lol

    mainly for heat to rise off everything rather from one item to another.. I've researched case after case so far in a tower and regardless how good they say they are for heat removal ..we all know heat rises so why not get a case that lays on its side and have two exhaust fans right in the top? But also enough room to run all wires good and neat away if not under the mobo or something.. the one I have now is almost impossible to run the amount of wires it has so I dont' think I'll go for another with controls like it has.

    but so far the one snuf posted is the one i'm looking at.

  7. #7
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    nice suggestions..but i don't want another tower.. remember "lays on its side" lol

    mainly for heat to rise off everything rather from one item to another.. I've researched case after case so far in a tower and regardless how good they say they are for heat removal ..we all know heat rises so why not get a case that lays on its side and have two exhaust fans right in the top? But also enough room to run all wires good and neat away if not under the mobo or something.. the one I have now is almost impossible to run the amount of wires it has so I dont' think I'll go for another with controls like it has.

    but so far the one snuf posted is the one i'm looking at.

    That case still moves air from front to back.

  8. #8
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    That case still moves air from front to back.


    well I haven't got one yet.. but I know what your saying.. still a side laying case will by just physics allow the heat to rise on its own..plus a fan or two on the top to pull it up and out.. also I'm sure they have them with one in the front and back to do the "front to back" airflow your talking about..

    besides this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112096

    I can't find any others that do the same.. note the dual fans on the top back with the ones on the front and back..i'm just worried about PS size when I go to that 900watter.
    Last edited by Sava700; 01-26-06 at 03:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003

  10. #10
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF

    ok fixed it.. same one that Scott had posted before.. the Liam case.. I like the one you posted cept it doesn't have the dual fans like the other one has to pull that warm air off the mobo and whatever faster than just the air lifting.

  11. #11
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    unless the one you posted has better specs which I'll look at now

    No clue, I only posted it cuz of all that top stuff vents lol

  12. #12
    Broke
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Northern AB, CA
    Posts
    13,506

  13. #13
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    I like that X15e case but it only has support for one DVD drive where I want to put two in it and needs to have alot of ventalation

  14. #14
    You may have already seen it, but THG is doing an HTPC series. Here's a nice sampling of desktops.

    Tom's Article
    "you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution " - mca


  15. #15
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    nice artical.. I saw the one I'm lookin at getting.. Any other suggestions.. will prob purchase within the hour if no more are suggested

  16. #16
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    I want a Temjin but I dont have the money. Did ya order it yet? What case?

  17. #17
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    I want a Temjin but I dont have the money. Did ya order it yet? What case?

    naw I read into some pros and cons of that case again that I was lookin at and some of the cons said that people had issues fitting in a High end video card.. and thats my whole reason in getting that type so the heat from them won't drift up into another on top.. they will just expand the heat up away from each other. Hell I'm almost temped to just sit the motherboard on my desk on a pc of cardboard and plug it in.

  18. #18
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    naw I read into some pros and cons of that case again that I was lookin at and some of the cons said that people had issues fitting in a High end video card.. and thats my whole reason in getting that type so the heat from them won't drift up into another on top.. they will just expand the heat up away from each other. Hell I'm almost temped to just sit the motherboard on my desk on a pc of cardboard and plug it in.

    Look at teh Silverstone Temjin cases, they flip the motherboard around so that the heatsink on the video card is on the top side. PSU is separated too.

  19. #19
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Look at teh Silverstone Temjin cases, they flip the motherboard around so that the heatsink on the video card is on the top side. PSU is separated too.

    which one are you talking about?

  20. #20

Similar Threads

  1. Terrific news for pro-lifers!
    By Brk in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-15-04, 08:45 PM
  2. Would PSU from Mid Case fit into a Micro Case?
    By LiLxKiMcHeE in forum Hardware & Overclocking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-03, 12:19 AM
  3. Case needed for modding . suggestions please:
    By Massa in forum Cases & Modding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-03, 07:49 PM
  4. Case Temperatures
    By Cameron203 in forum Hardware & Overclocking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-02, 06:27 AM
  5. MS trying to wiggle out of trouble again...
    By Gaming-Module in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-01, 09:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •