Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Just got job offer to go to Baghdad Intl.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471

    Just got job offer to go to Baghdad Intl.

    setting up networks ... maintaining networks ... laying cable ... installing radios on towers and in military vehicles .... not sure if that is the place to be right now though ...

  2. #2
    Sounds like a good deal if you have a death wish ...you do realize that's probably the most dangerous place on Earth for an American right now.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    Sounds like a good deal if you have a death wish ...you do realize that's probably the most dangerous place on Earth for an American right now.
    yea, i know ... but supposedly we are not allowed to leave the airport which was described to me as now being a compound comparable to the green zone ... although i told the guy that the green zone gets bombed regularly and then the mess hall bombing did not impress me with the supposed security ... then he said "well, let me stress this is a warzone".

  4. #4
    I'm White wee96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,253
    If they didnt allow you to carry a gun, nooo way would I do it.

  5. #5
    only if they paid me a million bucks and could carry a gun lol

  6. #6
    I'm White wee96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,253
    I'd do it if I had a SAW on me at all times, and a few guards.

  7. #7
    TypicalWhitePerson JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Single Wide
    Posts
    4,560
    How are you gonna go to Iraq being on house arrest???
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

    MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

  8. #8
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,982
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    How are you gonna go to Iraq being on house arrest???

    The police would never look there!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    How are you gonna go to Iraq being on house arrest???
    not sure...have to talk to po to see what he says ... i think i could go due to it is the army space division ... the guy said he could probably help persuade him...

  10. #10
    Conspiracy Fool knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    6,046
    what about passing the drug test bro?
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

    Bruce Lee

  11. #11
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    what about passing the drug test bro?
    Do they even give security clearances to people who are arrested. I would of thought that a job working with such stuff would need a pretty high clearance level. Unless the contractors over there are just accepting any level now.

    Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  12. #12
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    ...you do realize that's probably the most dangerous place on Earth for an American right now.
    Haven't been to Detroit in a while, have you?

  13. #13
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    Sounds like a good deal if you have a death wish ...you do realize that's probably the most dangerous place on Earth for an American right now.
    Are you sure? Cheney, Rumsfield and other notables have survived just fine there!

    Don't you see the speeches? Things are hunky dory!! It's the nasty news that's screwing things up and painting a false picture.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    what about passing the drug test bro?
    not a prob ... i watch my dissolve dates ...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    Do they even give security clearances to people who are arrested. I would of thought that a job working with such stuff would need a pretty high clearance level. Unless the contractors over there are just accepting any level now.

    Pie
    i paid EXTRA to have my lawyer "clean" up my record before any of this came about ... should be good enough depending on their requirements

    as far as the level goes ... you have to be able to climb high radio towers and not be afraid to get shot at if the occasion arises ... not too many techs are willing to do both

  16. #16
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR 750
    i paid EXTRA to have my lawyer "clean" up my record before any of this came about ... should be good enough depending on their requirements

    as far as the level goes ... you have to be able to climb high radio towers and not be afraid to get shot at if the occasion arises ... not too many techs are willing to do both
    Cool but if you embellished on your application and they find out about it later, it may cause more problems for you down the line.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Are you sure? Cheney, Rumsfield and other notables have survived just fine there!

    Don't you see the speeches? Things are hunky dory!! It's the nasty news that's screwing things up and painting a false picture.

    Silly me

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Haven't been to Detroit in a while, have you?

    Been about 20 years

  19. #19
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    Cool but if you embellished on your application and they find out about it later, it may cause more problems for you down the line.
    lawyer said everything was "legal like" ... he is a shark so i trust him ... i had better, he got me out of 5 years in prison ...

  20. #20
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR 750
    lawyer said everything was "legal like" ... he is a shark so i trust him ... i had better, he got me out of 5 years in prison ...
    ahhh Ok. Must be pretty expensive and good to be able to hide that info from a security clearance check. Worth every penny then.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Similar Threads

  1. I might be fired from my job.
    By rmatich in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-23-05, 01:22 PM
  2. $13/hr programming job!!!
    By Paft in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-05, 12:08 PM
  3. Our offer was accepted....
    By Blisster in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-03, 09:52 PM
  4. Have you seen any airplanes today?
    By RoundEye in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-13-01, 04:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •