Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentium D or P4 with H/T

AMD cpu's have SSE3 just so you know, and I have no bugs with my chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by wee96
    AMD cpu's have SSE3 just so you know, and I have no bugs with my chipset.
    well the newer ones ..
    i was not talking ONLY about your chipset
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    well the newer ones ..
    i was not talking ONLY about your chipset
    i left amd for a long time because of unstable chipsets. While there are other stable chipsets now available, I believe part of amd's success is due to nvidia's enterance into the chipset market.

When all is said and done, nothing beats the dual-core sweetness of today's processors.

Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

lol
    hi
    Do you really think there is such a big difference ? I use it for encoding only and if i'm gonna be slower by 10 seconds i really dont give a sh|t (i dont think i will since intels cpus should be faster ) but anyway ....
    AMD doesnt have HT ,SS3 and last ...stable mobo ,AMD is not making chipsets for motherboards,and it means someone else is doing it .Its always some bug error,doesnt matter if its VIA,SiS or nvidia.Look how many screw ups there were ...no kidding ...Intel is making their own chipsets and it means their mobos are top notch ...and this is the BASIC.You cant say same thing about AMD.Even if they are cheaper the new mobos with nvidia chipsets for AMD are worth **** ,they are never gonna be as good as intel.End of story.

Intels motherboards are not top notch, if they were everyone would buy them. Intels chipsets put out the best performance for intel CPUs, just as Nvidia puts out the best performance for AMD.

AMD does not have HT, but the Athlon 64s and Dual cores have on chip memory controllers.

There are stable boards for AMD, the Nforce4 chipsets are very reliable.

You can say that AMD are never gonna be as good as intel, but in fact at this generation AMD, overall is better. AMD edges out intel in gaming performace with more than 1 CPU, and unless you get a chip that costs about a mortgage payment AMD will beat intel in most benchmarks for different software.

Seeing you and wee fight about this is getting very old, you are obvisouly very biased against AMD, and its not a chip to fit your needs right now, but your ignorant to the overall argument and dont care to be educated on it.

So lets STFU with all this bickering.

Stop whining YoS.

Quote Originally Posted by wee96
    Stop whining YoS.

You know im jokin

3.06 is a P4 Northwood CPU 533 FSB, I use an Intel 850E chipset with Rambus 1066 memory on motherboard. Never any complaints until motherboard went bad. Got it on new Intel board now working GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner9
    3.06 is a P4 Northwood CPU 533 FSB, I use an Intel 850E chipset with Rambus 1066 memory on motherboard. Never any complaints until motherboard went bad. Got it on new Intel board now working GREAT.

Good to hear, I liked my gigabyte 850 board and RDRAM setup too. 3ghz and HT aint bad, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Intels motherboards are not top notch, if they were everyone would buy them. Intels chipsets put out the best performance for intel CPUs, just as Nvidia puts out the best performance for AMD.

AMD does not have HT, but the Athlon 64s and Dual cores have on chip memory controllers.

There are stable boards for AMD, the Nforce4 chipsets are very reliable.

You can say that AMD are never gonna be as good as intel, but in fact at this generation AMD, overall is better. AMD edges out intel in gaming performace with more than 1 CPU, and unless you get a chip that costs about a mortgage payment AMD will beat intel in most benchmarks for different software.

Seeing you and wee fight about this is getting very old, you are obvisouly very biased against AMD, and its not a chip to fit your needs right now, but your ignorant to the overall argument and dont care to be educated on it.

So lets STFU with all this bickering.
    yeah right
    there is always some bug error update etc.. doesnt matter if its VIA SiS or nvidi chipset on board.. they are all worth sh|t like last time nvidia screwed up seagate matrox and WD HDD's SATA II they are not working as they should .. making the disk slower ... it have to be SATA 1 ) thats very poor.ANd yes Nforce4 chipsets are very reliable
    ANd seeing the benchmarks u beat me only in one out of 6.I do care to be educated about it.Take some chill pill Yard .Btw you still didnt educate me why that "older " chipset didnt work with this cpu and only with that 955x chipset.You guaranteed me its gonna work lol

I'm not saying AMD are bad cpus i just like more intel.Thats all.If you cant get over it oh well lol

Wee when we are going for our holidays ? This year or next one ? Seriously ...
    Last edited by Rivas; 01-09-06 at 05:40 PM.

- Emiliano Zapata

Rivas, what chipset, provide some proof and models to what your talking about.

Bug fixes, EVERY motherboard has bug fixes, even INTEL chipset boards and INTEL boards themselves.

Rivas, what chipset, provide some proof and models to what your talking about.

Bug fixes, EVERY motherboard has bug fixes, even INTEL chipset boards and INTEL boards themselves.
    All one needs to do is browse the nVidia forums, http://forums.nvidia.com,
    to find many alleged problems with the nForce4/AMD chipsets. The following
    points are brought into focus:

1. nVidia is completely silent in responding to end user complaints about
    defects.
    2. The MAC Ethernet controller has issues (NAM, network access
    manager/firewall; ACTIVE ARMOR, hardware acceleration).
    3. The IDE/SATA controller has issues (shares irq with NAM; data loss).
    4. After infrequent new bios releases the problems still exist.
    5. It is now more likely that these problems are unfixable hardware bugs.

One reviewer, who builds custom systems, refuses to supply any nForce4
    systems to his customers for fear of constant complaints.

It is unfortunate, that all nf4 boards suffer from PCI-E/PCI hogging issues, causing stall/slow-down conditions on high performance PCI-cards, such as pro sound cards:

http://www.rme-audio.de/english/tech...rce4_tests.htm

As such, nf4 is not really a working chipset for demanding high bandwidth PCI-card applications.

The IDE driver issues (especially on ATAPI devices like dvd/cd drives) is a disgrace that AMD should have fixed years ago (on nf2).

They still do not have it working properly and we are forced to use the MSI drivers (with some loss in performance).

ENOUGH ?

- Emiliano Zapata

Active armor is a software firewall, so what LOL

AMD raid solutions have always been lower than intel, I've never questioned that, thats why I moved to a PCIe RAID card. The ICH raid SB chipsets have always been one of the best IDE performers.

NAM, I dont know what this is.

I have no CD/DVD rom issues on the IDE channels or PCIe slowdown.

None of these are really a major issue, deffinately not enough

Active armor is a software firewall, so what LOL

AMD raid solutions have always been lower than intel, I've never questioned that, thats why I moved to a PCIe RAID card. The ICH raid SB chipsets have always been one of the best IDE performers.

NAM, I dont know what this is.

I have no CD/DVD rom issues on the IDE channels or PCIe slowdown.

None of these are really a major issue, deffinately not enough

seems like you didnt read the forums but whatever LOL
    no idea why did u ask for proof/models

BTW NAM Network Animator has a main goal to graphically show simulation trace files. It takes a simulation trace file from the Network Simulator (NS), then presents each line of the trace file in a graphical way. NS's users can use some appropriate NS's commands to create a nam trace file corresponding to a simulation's results. Usually, this type of trace file has an extension "nam" can show many situations in the networking world; for examples, topology layout, enqueued packets, dropped packets, control packets using in routing algorithms, mobility of a node, etc.

- Emiliano Zapata

I did broswe the forums quickly, saw the stuff you pointed out but I dont see BIG problems, NAM is software again?

I did broswe the forums quickly, saw the stuff you pointed out but I dont see BIG problems, NAM is software again?

yes!!!

http://my.freegiftworld.com/?ADTGID=...r=EmailLanding

- Emiliano Zapata

A little software app isnt really a major Nforce issue, hell just use Trace Route.

I still stand by my original statement.

A little software app isnt really a major Nforce issue, hell just use Trace Route.

I still stand by my original statement.
    everything stands on software
    topology layout, enqueued packets, dropped packets, control packets using in routing algorithms, mobility of a node (network) sharing it with irq (Ide/Sata controllers) causing HDD data loss thats a little ?
    REading your replys its like saying its awesome 30 of us are cool with this chipset when 300 others are having problems with it.

In spite of the facts intel chipsets never had such issues and i will stand on my original statement as well.

- Emiliano Zapata

everything stands on software
    topology layout, enqueued packets, dropped packets, control packets using in routing algorithms, mobility of a node (network) sharing it with irq (Ide/Sata controllers) causing HDD data loss thats a little ?
    REading your replys its like saying its awesome 30 of us are cool with this chipset when 300 others are having problems with it.

In spite of the facts intel chipsets never had such issues and i will stand on my original statement as well.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q2...2/index.x?pg=1

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2410

Theres 2 good reviews of the chips.

Go look at Intel forums and you'll see people having problems with intel based boards too. Just because someone has a problem does not mean there is a huge flaw in the board or chipset. Show me a thread were they point out the flaw, not a link to a forum where people just have questions.

I doubt you've seriously even looked at or into AMD and are now just throwing stuff out.

Ya we need software obviously, but you started talking about AMD chips, then the mobo chipset, now the ethernet chip. The only problem I know of is when OCing one of the NICs can go bad, doesnt like the high clocks.

The IDE ontrolleris slower than Intels, but does not cause data loss, most people with those problems have had underpowered PSUs or missused the multi saved bios options and did not reset the boot drive in bios.

ur right,dont know why im arguing and b|tching some much about amd
    maybe cuz when i got my new setup wee started talking so low about intel.But we r behind that already.
    intel or amd ....different ppl different taste,maybe next year or even this year i will buy top amd cpu just to compare.

- Emiliano Zapata