Thread: whats ur christmas, christmas eve tradition?

whats ur christmas, christmas eve tradition?

For my family, (me, my mom, and my sister) we always get chinese food on christmas eve, and open presents christmas morning together.

whats urs?
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    None really. Family gathering but that's about it.

Eve we goto Bronners, the biggest Christmas store in the world: http://www.bronners.com/, then goto my parents and open our presents to each other, day morning we open presents here at home, then day evening all the extended family come to my parents and we all open gifts and eat.

burritos
    then wayvohs rancheros the next mornin

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    My wife and I eat smores drink hot coco and watch "Its a wonderful Life" on xmas eve night.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Family gathering like Immy.
    Last one for a while.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Christmas Eve the wife and I spend it at my rents house with my entire family. Christmas Day, we spend it with my wifes family in her aunts house in Westchester.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

christmas eve - VERY large dinner at my in-laws and gift exchange
    Christmas day - visit to Waffle House for late breakfast

It started always 5:30 pm
    we had to open nuts first and if your nut was moldy/bad it ment you are gonna be sick next year
    then we had honey with garlic on some kind of pancake (well it wasnt pancake but it was looking like one).Sounds weird but it was tasty.
    then we ate fish with salad and after dinner somebody started ringing bell and that was when we went to tree and opened all the gifts what jesus brought us.
    we couldnt eat meat on 24th all day long
    and at midnight 24th when jesus was born we had to go to church
    next day (25th) is just regular day like it was before,u just had to gather with family etc etc etc

thats what i had to do for 20 years,now its only the fish and we eat meat as well ...but of course jesus is bringing the gifts and all this is happening 24th

and there was/isnt no boxing day or anything like that too,it was all about jesus,his mother&father,sheeps,little pigs and all kinds of animals in church (statues of course).People were nice to each other,then we had to go to graveyard to light up candles for members of our family and bring there some arrangements.The dead people are resting in marble tombs (everyone in graveyard) and when you are coming or leaving it looks nice but sad

Here in north america its different,not saying worst but i think its more about the money,not about the spirit of Christmas.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    we had to open nuts first and if your nut was moldy/bad it ment you are gonna be sick next year
    then we had honey with garlic on some kind of pancake (well it wasnt pancake but it was looking like one).Sounds weird but it was tasty.
    then we ate fish with salad and after dinner somebody started ringing bell and that was when we went to tree and opened all the gifts what jesus brought us.
    next day (25th) is just regular day like it was before,u just had to gather with family etc etc etc

thats what i had to do for 20 years,now its only the fish and we eat meat as well ...but of course jesus is bringing the gifts and all this is happening 24th

and there was/isnt no boxing day or anything like that too,it was all about jesus,his mother&father,sheeps,little pigs and all kinds of animals in church (statues of course).People were nice to each other,then we had to go to graveyard to light up candles for members of our family and bring there some arrangements.The dead people are resting in marble tombs (everyone in graveyard) and when you are coming or leaving it looks nice but sad

Here in north america its different,not saying worst but i think its more about the money,not about the spirit of Christmas.
    Sounds like a great tradition...more of us should take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil
    Sounds like a great tradition...more of us should take notes.
    my family back in europe is still doing it,not just my family 95% of the people are doing same thing with very small differences
    but every family is ringing the bell after dinner and that means gifts,and of course you are gonna get what you deserved during the year because jesus is watching you all the time

but i think about it always at this time of the year
    maybe one day when we will have kids i will start the tradition again

thanks
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

christmas eve...always fish...and it changes every year who we with

christmas most times wifes brother, and lots of antipasta salad..and like 5 course meal..there goes my diest on christmas...LOL

lots of drinking...and having fun most of the time..presents opened in morning, though sometimes let daughter open eve

xmas eve i usually don't go anywhere...sometimes I have a few friends come down which happened this year. Wife and I watched TV till about 10pm then friends came down we shoot pool and drank beer till 2am. Got up at 8am xmas day.. drove to inlaws for a visit there "120mile round trip"
    Well after a dull ass half day there drive back to my parents and spend a few hours there shootin the breeze and opening stuff etc. Come back that evening...friends come back down we exchange a few gifts while drinkin more beer and talk about new years eve on how much more beer we will drink.

Quote Originally Posted by rivas

Fig you celebrated Boxing Day... Dec. 26th
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    Fig you celebrated Boxing Day... Dec. 26th
    i thought boxing day was only for canadians? i didnt even know what it was till like last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Quote Originally Posted by Meggie
    (me, my mom, and my sister)
    Pics!

SG Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by sito
    Pics!

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggie
    i thought boxing day was only for canadians? i didnt even know what it was till like last year.
    The holiday Boxing Day may get it's name from the 19th century English custom of giving Christmas boxes containing food or money to family servants and suppliers, the day after Christmas. Another possibility is Boxing Day may have come from the opening of church poor boxes that day.

The most basic understanding is that gifts, or boxes, were given to those who were less fortunate, on the day after Christmas, while gifts to those with equal standing were given on Christmas day.

It is also known as, the Feast of St. Stephen, or St. Stephen's Day - the first Christian martyr.

It is most often celebrated in Australia, Britain, New Zealand, and Canada on December 26.

Although it is a statutory holiday in these countries it is not celebrated as such. Most countries host Boxing Day sales on that day which have little or nothing to do with the holiday at all.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff

It is most often celebrated in Australia, Britain, New Zealand, and Canada on December 26.
    Always Dec,26th here. It's better known in our family as Recovery Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Although it is a statutory holiday in these countries it is not celebrated as such. Most countries host Boxing Day sales on that day which have little or nothing to do with the holiday at all.
    The sales here are only a fairly recent twist to what used to be part of the Xmas break and a holiday for all. Retail just wanted more money out of the consumer at a time when the consumer bleeds anyway and they make credit sooooo easy to get.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Croc
    It's better known in our family as Recovery Day.
    Nice!
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<