Thread: Metwork Interface Cards??

Question Metwork Interface Cards??

I need to know who likes what card and what works the best. i have at&t@home cable out of Fort worth TX. the gave me a smc ethernet adapter and it's slow i want more speed. . aleast 2 mbps right now i can get up to 1 something mbps and i already tweaked the regsand everything i hope you can help. I'm not a "newbie" i know what i'm doing i just need some feed back on a goon card. Right now i'm looking @ a Linksys one are they n e good it seems like a respectabl company.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ryan
    P.S.- My e-mail is RhinoBJH@home.com please e-mail me w/ some feedback if possible just leave it in the forum i can look back lata.

It's doubtful that a new NIC or different brand will increase your throughput. Basically, a NIC is a NIC is a NIC. However, 3Com and Intel NICs are currently the best in the business, so have at it, if you feel so inclined.

You're more likely to benefit from tweaking. Have you applied the appropriate registry patch yet?

[ 03-27-2001: Message edited by: glc1 ]

Smile

Yah i applied the patch and the tweak fro the speedguide page. . i have been asking around and i've found that what i have is considered a NIC but is says SMC 2202 Ethernet Adapter Does That Help?

Ryan

Originally posted by RhinoBJH:
    Yah i applied the patch and the tweak fro the speedguide page. . i have been asking around and i've found that what i have is considered a NIC but is says SMC 2202 Ethernet Adapter Does That Help?

Ryan
    That is a NIC. The brand is SMC.
    www.smc.com