Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny XBOX sale

Funny XBOX sale

Now thats funny!

ииии

ииии

Ebay really should outlaw stuff like that. Its ridiculous what people try to get away with. I mean come on..its obvious they know what they are doing and that people that bid don't know what they are doing.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

I thought someone pulled that kinda of stuff earlier with PS2....

Quote Originally Posted by Tawcan
    I thought someone pulled that kinda of stuff earlier with PS2....
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

read the description... only an idiot would have been involved in that auction.

This is the premium bundle box only. it would include bonus accesories if it were the actual premium xbox system... In other words for those of you who dont understand.. YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DONT ASK!
    I would think that would be clear enough to me.... Some people.. I wonder if some 12yr old kid got on dads account and bought it?

ииии

ииии

Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    Ebay really should outlaw stuff like that. Its ridiculous what people try to get away with. I mean come on..its obvious they know what they are doing and that people that bid don't know what they are doing.

The seller listed a very accurate description of the auction, its not the sellers fault or Ebays that the bidders are too stupid to read.

It'll probly end with a 0 feedback bidder.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    The seller listed a very accurate description of the auction, its not the sellers fault or Ebays that the bidders are too stupid to read.
    YOS thats the same thing the spyware companies use as an excuse. Thats BS and you being around computer users should know that. There is absolutely no need to sell an empty box on ebay other then to take advantage and to try to hook a sucker in.

YOS thats the same thing the spyware companies use as an excuse. Thats BS and you being around computer users should know that. There is absolutely no need to sell an empty box on ebay other then to take advantage and to try to hook a sucker in.

Its not the same thing as the spyware companies, you have all the info right there to read BEFORE you bid.

There is no need to sell or buy anything on ebay.

I see nothing wrong with it. There would be no complaints about this if the winning bid was 5.00.

There would be no complaints about this if the winning bid was 5.00.
    How true...

I just searched,, there are a ton of these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-XBOX-3...QQcmdZViewItem

ииии

ииии

Its not the same thing as the spyware companies, you have all the info right there to read BEFORE you bid.

There is no need to sell or buy anything on ebay.

I see nothing wrong with it. There would be no complaints about this if the winning bid was 5.00.
    The majority of spyware before it gets installed is right there in the EULA and also in plain site when you do an installation of the software, most people just click NEXT and don't understand it. You are 100% right that if it was 5.00 winning bid I would know that someone is knowingly purchasing a empty cardboard box, but seeing 600.00 bids says they think its the real machine instead. Not everyone is knowledgeable or even literate to understand when they are out to buy their kid a Christmas gift and ebay should look out for them for something like this. Plus a 15.00 shipping fee for an empty box!! Come on YOS you just said in the other thread how Christmas is being taken over by commercial companies...this isn't someone trying to take advantage of a parent trying to buy their kid a Christmas gift that has no clue about ebay practices?

Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    How true...

This is what the guy wrote...also he lists the Complete Technical specs of the system itself..WHY?!! Its so obvious hes scamming. He also made the bidding private so no one can contact the people and tell them they are idiots!!!

This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion. You would have to be a right mug to use the 'buy it now' option, but if you do then you get much respect from me and my colleagues here in the office

The majority of spyware before it gets installed is right there in the EULA and also in plain site when you do an installation of the software, most people just click NEXT and don't understand it. You are 100% right that if it was 5.00 winning bid I would know that someone is knowingly purchasing a empty cardboard box, but seeing 600.00 bids says they think its the real machine instead. Not everyone is knowledgeable or even literate to understand when they are out to buy their kid a Christmas gift and ebay should look out for them for something like this. Plus a 15.00 shipping fee for an empty box!! Come on YOS you just said in the other thread how Christmas is being taken over by commercial companies...this isn't someone trying to take advantage of a parent trying to buy their kid a Christmas gift that has no clue about ebay practices?

Pie

Ok, spyware.

I want SUPER BOOBS FIREWALL.

I download SUPER BOOBS FIREWALL.

I begin to install SUPER BOOBS FIREWALL.

Now I am presented with a EULA for SUPER BOOBS FIREWALL, and SPYWARE.

To install SUPER BOOBS FIREWALL, I must accept SPYWARE.

Now, in order to get what I want I am forced to get the SPYWARE.

Now the XBOX.

I want an XBOX.

I see "Microsoft XBOX 360 - Premium Game System box" on ebay.

I click the "Microsoft XBOX 360 - Premium Game System box" auction.

I read that the "Microsoft XBOX 360 - Premium Game System box" is only a box, not a XBOX.

Should I choose to bid I am at fault because I was already informed that this is NOT WHAT I WANT. In order to get an XOBX, I am NOT being forced to accept this auction.

Auctions like this are to take advantage of illiterate morons. No one has any right to complain if they bid on that, its soooo spelled out that its not an XBOX GAMING SYSTEM.

Why dont we not allow people to over price thigns on ebay, not allow them to under price things on ebay either, not allow them to sell items of no value, and not allow auctioners to make a profit.

That ebay description is more accurate thatn alot of the descriptions for electronics, computers, ISPs, and tons more products.

This is what the guy wrote...also he lists the Complete Technical specs of the system itself..WHY?!! Its so obvious hes scamming. He also made the bidding private so no one can contact the people and tell them they are idiots!!!

And look HOW he listed them,saying they are notin the BOX!

Of course he wont let others see the bidders, the auctioner is smart, the bidders are the fools!

Seller information
    shopzoneltd(private)
    Feedback Score: Private
    Positive Feedback: 96.4%
    Member since Jul-03-05 in United Kingdom

Read feedback comments

Thats something new! Private Feedback scores. Thats nuts.
    Yos I'm not saying that people shouldn't make a profit on something thats legitimate. You yourself said those people are stupid so you know that they are being scammed. Then maybe they need to make a Display Carton heading or something like that. Empty boxes shouldn't be co-mingled with actual products

Pie

Seller information
    shopzoneltd(private)
    Feedback Score: Private
    Positive Feedback: 96.4%
    Member since Jul-03-05 in United Kingdom

Read feedback comments

Thats something new! Private Feedback scores. Thats nuts.
    Yos I'm not saying that people shouldn't make a profit on something thats legitimate. You yourself said those people are stupid so you know that they are being scammed. Then maybe they need to make a Display Carton heading or something like that. Empty boxes shouldn't be co-mingled with actual products

Pie
    THe only thing that could be done and still keep it fair is to remove the specs of the system.

Beyond that its the same as a car salesmen selling someone a $33,000 picture of a GTO.

I have to ask, Pie... Did you buy one of them?

I have to ask, Pie... Did you buy one of them?
    No way Jose theres no way Im paying for one of those systems right now.

You may think Im an ass but you know being in business for 15 years I see so many people that come into my shop especially older people that want to be part of all of this and although they may not be my customers that this is happening to, it can be people just like them that are being taken advantage of at such a vulnerable time where they just wanna please their grandkids or something. It really shouldn't be listed under systems, and they should have a seperate heading that clearly shows people that they are display boxes. I found about 6 or 7 listings for empty boxes.

Pie

Even under boxes a "scam" would work. I dont think your an ass, I just think your trying to be the defender of all good people.

You're related bidders and possible bidders to people that come into your store to buy a computer. But even those people are cappable of reading and before all the BS it clearly lists that it is only a box.

Maybe some people think it'll be a collectible, people buy antique boxes on ebay.

Maybe some bids are made by the seller or a friend?

The seller is not withholding details on the item for sale, and the buyers are not being forced to buy it.

End result is that its fair. Best arguement you have is that its in the wrong section and contains too much info, some of which is irrelivent.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    How true...

Same guy has another "Box" with a buy it now price of 597.00. Thats bs. He's definitly out to con someone.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I agree with Pie...regarding the Adware/Spyware example.

That's all this is...purposefully trying to "sneak" something past victoms. Even though it's there in plain writing, bold and larger fonts.

It's probably just impossible for eBay staff to peruse all the ads...to find ones like these, judge them fair or not, remove if necessary.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!