Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New all gay channel on direct tv

Cable, satellite TV providers warned to curb indecency

By JENNIFER C. KERR

Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sexed-up, profanity-laced shows on cable and satellite TV should be for adult eyes only, and providers must do more to shield children or could find themselves facing indecency fines, the nation's top communications regulator says.

``Parents need better and more tools to help them navigate the entertainment waters, particularly on cable and satellite TV,'' Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin told Congress on Tuesday.

Martin suggested several options, including a ``family-friendly'' tier of channels that would offer shows suitable for kids, such as the programs shown on the Nickelodeon channel.

He also said cable and satellite providers could consider letting consumers pay for a bundle of channels that they could choose themselves -- an ``a la carte'' pricing system.

If providers don't find a way to police smut on television, Martin said, federal decency standards should be considered.

``You can always turn the television off and of course block the channels you don't want,'' he said, ``but why should you have to?''
    People are so friggin lazy man...who has to pay for their laziness in the long run? We will because the cable companies won't absorb the costs thats for sure. For the lazy people they should have to pay a premium and save the rest of us that have a clue the extra cost of tailoring things to meet their ignorance.

heres the full article:
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...t/13285728.htm
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    People forget they have a choice in this country unlike other where there is only one station.
    how did you pull that one out of your ass?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RicRogue
    Correcting there are 613 rules that the Jews are to follow, because you are under the Law. And because most of those laws were given by Jews to Jews not by GD to Jews.

Welcome back.

What laws has the Almighty bestowed?

david

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    Welcome back.

What laws has the Almighty bestowed?

david
    Is this a trick question?

Read the books of the Pentateuch for many of them.

Thanks for the welcome.

Cya,

Ric
    Horizon Web Design

Are you Saved??? Click here to find out how you can be.

Blog Entries
    Is this a trick question?

Read the books of the Pentateuch for many of them.

Thanks for the welcome.

Cya,

Ric

I have read Pentateuch. It is not a trick question, rather it is Socratic. I wished for you to elaborate on your statement that the most of the laws were proffered as Jew to Jew, rather than G-d to Jew.

thanks

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I have read Pentateuch. It is not a trick question, rather it is Socratic. I wished for you to elaborate on your statement that the most of the laws were proffered as Jew to Jew, rather than G-d to Jew.

thanks
    Many laws of Israel were created by the Jewish people to expound on God's Law, like the Sabbath. God said that no work was to be done on the Sabbath. The nation of Israel took this Law and broke it up into many other laws. These other laws went into more detail on what you could do and not do on the Sabbath.

The nation of Israel also did this to many other of the 10 commandments that Moses brought to us.
    Horizon Web Design

Blog Entries
    Many laws of Israel were created by the Jewish people to expound on God's Law, like the Sabbath. God said that no work was to be done on the Sabbath. The nation of Israel took this Law and broke it up into many other laws. These other laws went into more detail on what you could do and not do on the Sabbath.

The nation of Israel also did this to many other of the 10 commandments that Moses brought to us.

According to the decalogue, the Sabbath was to be remembered and kept holy. Indeed, a "heavenly" inspired list of corollaries were adapted to define rememberance and duty, however they remain as testament to G-d's imperitive. It is incumbent on the scholars to ascribe what is attested in First person, hence divine.

The Ten Commandments were not the only laws given by the Almighty. Brit Milah, one of the Lord's convenant's is one of them.

I aplogize, but my time is limited for further edification at this time.

peace and blessings,
    david
    Last edited by David; 11-30-05 at 08:44 AM.

Hell_Yes

a "heavenly" inspired list of corrolaries were adapted to define rememberance and duty
    Jesus would indicate otherwise.

The Ten Commandments were not the only laws given by the Almighty.
    I agree. I was just using them as a example.

Brit Milah, one of the Lord's convenant's is one of them.
    Agreed. Brit Milah was a covenant of the Children of Israel, which The Christ fulfilled.
    Horizon Web Design

Blog Entries
    Jesus would indicate otherwise.
    Was it Jesus or his disciples that would disagree?

I agree. I was just using them as a example.
    It takes issue the intent of G-d's people to His law.

Agreed. Brit Milah was a covenant of the Children of Israel, which The Christ fulfilled.
    How does Christ fulfill a direct bond to G-d and His chosen people? Again, is this the word of the Almighty or one of Yeshua's disciples?

peace be with you,
    david

Hell_Yes

Its funny that people pick and choose which sins to be so adamently against. Its ok for someone to think homosexuality is wrong but its ok to lust after women with the excuse that they are only human and are open to error...sounds to me like they are just lazy and pick the sins that are easiest for them to be against and wage their war on them while in the meantime they access their harddrives that are full of pr0n and stolen mp3s.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Was it Jesus or his disciples that would disagree?
    It was Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 12:1-21
    1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath." 3But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions, 4how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone? 5"Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? 6"But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here.7"But if you had known what this means, 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8"For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." 9Departing from there, He went into their synagogue. 10And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him. 11And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? 12"How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath." 13Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand!" He stretched it out, and it was restored to normal, like the other. 14But the Pharisees went out and conspired against Him, as to how they might destroy Him. 15But Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. Many followed Him, and )He healed them all, 16and warned them not to tell who He was. 17This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: 18"BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN; MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES. 19"HE WILL NOT QUARREL, NOR CRY OUT;NOR WILL ANYONE HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS. 20"A BATTERED REED HE WILL NOT BREAK OFF, AND A SMOLDERING WICK HE WILL NOT PUT OUT, UNTIL HE LEADS JUSTICE TO VICTORY. 21"AND IN HIS NAME THE GENTILES WILL HOPE."
    Quote Originally Posted by John 7:21-24
    21Jesus said to them, "I did one miracle, and you are all astonished. 22Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath. 23Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath? 24Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."
    How does Christ fulfill a direct bond to G-d and His chosen people? Again, is this the word of the Almighty or one of Yeshua's disciples?
    It was written by Paul, he was circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee. (Philippians 3:5&6)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans 2:17-29
    17Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God; 18if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker. 28A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.
    In Him Always,

Ric
    Horizon Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    Its funny that people pick and choose which sins to be so adamently against. Its ok for someone to think homosexuality is wrong but its ok to lust after women with the excuse that they are only human and are open to error...sounds to me like they are just lazy and pick the sins that are easiest for them to be against and wage their war on them while in the meantime they access their harddrives that are full of pr0n and stolen mp3s.
    I don't pick and choose sin. I myself don't worry about it. We all sin.

The thing is that, I am saved by the Blood, that protects me from God's wrath. Too many people out there do not share this protection.
    Horizon Web Design

We all sin.
    Is from ignorance from not knowing or is this laziness from not caring?

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    Is from ignorance from not knowing or is this laziness from not caring?
    Huh?¿?

I do what I can do to not sin, but it is not with in man to not sin. If a person could "not sin" then there would be no reason for a savior. Thankfully, I realized this before it was too late.

I care more than you know. It rips me apart when I see people living in sin. But I hurts worse that they have no "Savior". I do my best to support good behavior and not evil. The days are evil. Society is only going to get worse. My one prayer is that the LORD will just hold has wrath a little longer.

God Bless,

Ric
    Horizon Web Design

RicRouge,

Why the Red Cross for a avatar, if you follow Yahshua/Jesus.
    It is the ancient symbol of the Phonecian Sun God, which is why the Knight's Templar used it for the symbol of --the order of the red cross.
    “"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    RicRouge,

Why the Red Cross for a avatar, if you follow Yahshua/Jesus.
    It is the ancient symbol of the Phonecian Sun God, which is why the Knight's Templar used the order of the red cross.
    This is the symbol of my gaming clan, the Knights Templar.

Thanks for noticing.

Cya,

Ric
    Horizon Web Design

RicRogue you said it rips you apart when you see ppl sin.But to me it seems like you are more judging them.Its not up to you to judge,its someone else "work" isnt it ? Its none of your business what they do.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    RicRogue you said it rips you apart when you see ppl sin.But to me it seems like you are more judging them.Its not up to you to judge,its someone else "work" isnt it ? Its none of your business what they do.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

Calling out sin is not judging.

Huh?¿?

I do what I can do to not sin, but it is not with in man to not sin. If a person could "not sin" then there would be no reason for a savior. Thankfully, I realized this before it was too late.

I care more than you know. It rips me apart when I see people living in sin. But I hurts worse that they have no "Savior". I do my best to support good behavior and not evil. The days are evil. Society is only going to get worse. My one prayer is that the LORD will just hold has wrath a little longer.

God Bless,

Ric
    I just dont see how someone can condem one sin as a christian and then go freely "particpate" in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

Calling out sin is not judging.

Excellent find. I was tying to find the words here but couldn't help my fingers type it LOL . This sums it up great thanks Brent.
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.