Thread: Im Thinking of Buying This Television(LCD)....

Question Im Thinking of Buying This Television(LCD)....

Im thinking of buying this television:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889102020
    It's for my bedroom. I'll be upgrading from an old crt 27inch. Anyone have any advice? Better models in about the same price range? I really dont want to spend anymore. Also has anyone had dealings with plasmahouse.com?
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Blog Entries

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Native 1080 lines is nifty for HD signal.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

newegg is cheaper but their shipping charge on 39lbs is a bit outrageous. 99 bucks. Then if u add a 5yr warranty its 349.00 more.
    The link you put up lists that as a westinghouse.

Looks like a nice TV 64!

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

32" seems big at first but it starts to look small. Mine does anyway. I'm still very happy with it though. My next will be minimal 40"

Thumbs up

That is a nice TV! Seems in addition to the bigger screen size and native resolution it also has better audio. Thanks! I will probably go with this as my top choice now. Im gonna buy it at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    32" seems big at first but it starts to look small. Mine does anyway. I'm still very happy with it though. My next will be minimal 40"
    hehehehe......
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    newegg is cheaper but their shipping charge on 39lbs is a bit outrageous. 99 bucks. Then if u add a 5yr warranty its 349.00 more.
    The link you put up lists that as a westinghouse.

Looks like a nice TV 64!

Pie
    I was worried about that shipping hit but newegg has that AIT 99.00 shipping on larger displays. I just hope I can find a deal on shipping like that wherever I decide to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    hehehehe......

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    I was worried about that shipping hit but newegg has that AIT 99.00 shipping on larger displays. I just hope I can find a deal on shipping like that wherever I decide to buy.
    64 its only 39lbs it really can't be that bulky that they need to offer a special shipping. Some regular old monitors weigh that much. My 36" WEGA must be about 200lbs, now something like that would require special handling or a delivery guy to bring it in. I wonder if like BestBuy or PC Richards offer price matching? Maybe you can print that ad out and see if anyone with free shipping would match the price.

Pie
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    64 its only 39lbs it really can't be that bulky that they need to offer a special shipping. Some regular old monitors weigh that much. My 36" WEGA must be about 200lbs, now something like that would require special handling or a delivery guy to bring it in. I wonder if like BestBuy or PC Richards offer price matching? Maybe you can print that ad out and see if anyone with free shipping would match the price.

Pie
    I checked on bestbuy and your right it is almost the same price to just go pick up the model David suggested. Im glad they have that one there. Hopefully they will get cheaper near the end of the month(Black Friday) or maybe I can even pickup the floor model!?!

crutchfeild has free shipping and etronics is only 50ish for Hell's choice.

Blog Entries
    PCRichard will price match to an extent.

If you are viewing from a distance, let us say over 10', the higher res screen might not be as worthwhile. You could then consider a low end 42" plasma (Costco has some, with their legendary return policy). What you sacrifice in lines (480p), you make up in contrast and deeper blacks. Visit a local big box store and compare sets at the viewing range you will have at home.

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    I checked on bestbuy and your right it is almost the same price to just go pick up the model David suggested. Im glad they have that one there. Hopefully they will get cheaper near the end of the month(Black Friday) or maybe I can even pickup the floor model!?!
    I hope u get a nice TV! Looks nice. let us know.

Pie

Blog Entries

Hell_Yes

Wow nice choice 64
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    But does it matter with the Westinghouse name? Any difference?

Pie