Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on in Paris?

WTF is going on in Paris?

You gotta be ****ing kidding me...

This is how it started?

The riots began after two youths of North African descent were electrocuted when they hid in an electric power station, believing they were being followed by police.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ots/index.html

The thing is, the local religious leaders have issued a fatwa *prohibiting* any further violence. Which means that any violence which is occuring is in violation of their religion. It is not sanctioned, and they are breaking their own religious laws which they claim are so important to them. (Of course it's only important to them when it's "convenient", but that's not the issue).

France should take immediate steps to deal firmly and decisively with these individuals and restore order. AFTER, they may hold hands and have tea and cookies and figure out how to make everything all better. But right now, they need to deploy troops if that's what it takes to re-establish order and security.

The safety of the citizens of France should be the FIRST priority. EVERYTHING else comes second. They need to stamp this out, and every day they delay is going to make it harder to do so. They need to get their priorities straight, and worry about why it happened after they restore public order.

Otherwise, they simply paralyze themselves, and this is NOT going to stop spreading on it's own. You have young men who theink they're on holiday to burn, loot and assault. They need to correct that idea forcefully because it's not going to end until they do.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman
    You gotta be ****ing kidding me...

This is how it started?
    We'll soon see the tin foil hats come out..and try to prove Bush had our military crank up their electrical power to cause this.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

you see what buchanan is saying? he is so offbase it not even funny

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=10116

Certified SG Addict
    Fatwas are smokescreens. The violence is fomented by these so-called religious "leaders." Period.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    The safety of the citizens of France should be the FIRST priority. EVERYTHING else comes second. They need to stamp this out, and every day they delay is going to make it harder to do so.
    Many of those rioting are citizens...multigenerational disenfranchisement.
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

deal firmly and decisively with these individuals and restore order
    Just like they did with the Germans in WWII? Yeah, right!

(Sorry. Someone had to say it.)

Oh the irony.
    Imagine
    BattleField2 - DDImagine2002

Just goes to show you how much I care, I didn't even know they were rioting in Paris
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

I have a friend in LeMans .... he says it isn't happening there YET but as reportedin the news it's all Arabs..

The uprising gained force and spread across the country after riot police tear gassed the women's prayer room of a mosque on the holiest night of Ramadan, then called women "*****s" as they emerged, choking.
    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/French_r...to_second_week

That probably didn't help matters.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

SG Enthusiast
    I understand France has had an extremely liberal policy on Muslim immigration. While it refuses to participate in the international war on terror, France has always had the strictest policies regarding potential threats of Islamic terrorism in its country.

The bottom line is this.....please do not look right in my eyes and say to me...
    "True Islam is a religion of peace". Okay? That's simply a crock no matter why they are rioting in France!!!!

This is exactly why we should bomb France.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn
    The bottom line is this.....please do not look right in my eyes and say to me...
    "True Islam is a religion of peace". Okay? That's simply a crock no matter why they are rioting in France!!!!
    Perhaps these "true Islamists" are every bit the hypocrites that "true Christians" and "true Jews" could be.

Violence like this is fomented from oppressive poverty.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost
    This is exactly why we should bomb France.
    The universal answer to the universal problem.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    Perhaps these "true Islamists" are every bit the hypocrites that "true Christians" and "true Jews" could be.

as the story indicates ...

I guess we have to wait till cops burst into our Churches and toss tear gas and flash grenades, then call our moms hores before we can pass judgement on them. We have no clue what is truly going on over there. From what I've been reading there is quite a bit of truth-stretching by the cops in regards to what exactly transpired. With all we have been trained to hear in regards to Muslims in the middle east, it can be very easy to come up with an excuse now.
    From what I was reading, the kids ran from the ID check since I guess they are used to being harrassed by the cops at their ball field, it was their Eid and they were supposed to be home after a certain time to break their fast. I think it was the Mosque incident that caused the actual riots and not just the kids.

Sarahnn as far as being liberal. I thought the french were going to restrict the wearing of the moslem womens head covering? That would be like telling a Hindu he couldn't wear his or a jew he couldn't wear a Yamulke or a Hassid he couldn't wear his/her outfit here. Hardly liberal.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    We'll soon see the tin foil hats come out..and try to prove Bush had our military crank up their electrical power to cause this.
    Nope, tinfoil hat peeps hate france.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes

You are right about oppressive poverty, but it does not make Islam a religion of peace. You talk the talk, then walk the walk. And I haven't heard any Christians, many of whom are sacrificing their lives in Iraq, calling their religion a religion of peace, and yet more charity comes from Judeo/Christian orgs than Islam.

If you can find stats to correct me, please do.