Thread: Budget LCD for gaming?

Budget LCD for gaming?

I know these two things don't go together very well, but there has to be a middle ground out there some where. I'd prefer a 19inch, however, I hear the 17's are actually better for gaming or were at one time. Not to mention they are cheaper then 19 inch LCDs.

I know you can always find decent deals on Dell LCD monitors on the price watch sites, so those are definately an option.

What do you use/recommend?
    Imagine
    BattleField2 - DDImagine2002

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Prices came down a while ago. They crept up a tad over the past couple of months...but overall they're much less.

Just about all makers now make "faster" LCD monitors with reponse times well below 25ms....now you'll see 16, 12, Viewsonic even has an industry leading 3ms model.

I'm a fan of Viewsonics monitors myself. You can get some nice 19" models...such as their vx910...that's one of their 3ms reponse time models, for just over 400 bucks.

Whatever you get, make sure you have a DVI video card, and DVI cable...LCD on plain analog..yuck.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine
    I know these two things don't go together very well, but there has to be a middle ground out there some where. I'd prefer a 19inch, however, I hear the 17's are actually better for gaming or were at one time. Not to mention they are cheaper then 19 inch LCDs.

I know you can always find decent deals on Dell LCD monitors on the price watch sites, so those are definately an option.

What do you use/recommend?

If you can find a good deal on the 2005 dell LCD take it. I jsut got the 2405 and its a great monitor. It auto adjusts to fit to the edges of the screen, and plus they are widescreen monitors, hello DVDs!

Dell's normal aspect ratio LCDs arent as good though, higher response times than other makers.

My current card is a 6600GT, I will definately be getting one with DVI.
    Imagine
    BattleField2 - DDImagine2002

I own the ViewSonic VP model (17"). Good price now. ViewSonic is very good.
    Join the Folding Team!

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    If you can find a good deal on the 2005 dell LCD take it. I jsut got the 2405 and its a great monitor. It auto adjusts to fit to the edges of the screen, and plus they are widescreen monitors, hello DVDs!

Dell's normal aspect ratio LCDs arent as good though, higher response times than other makers.

This is true.. check techbargains for codes to use for the 2005 dell LCD you can get it sometimes around 300$ and thats pretty good since its also 12ms response time!

Another vote for Viewsonic here.

I currently have the Viewsonic VX710

Response time is 16ms. Great picture and no glare. Long lifetime of about 40,000 hours as well.

I can't exactly remember how much I paid. It was last winter purchased at Best Buy for around $450 I would guess. (give or take a few.)