Thread: Video cards and heat problem

Video cards and heat problem

ok guys besides laying case on side and getting a non-tower case i'm trying to figure out how to keep top video card from getting hotter than lower card. Heat does rise but i have a fan out from it pushing air on it. How come i can't move the monitor output to the lower card? It seems it needs to be hooked up to only one certain dvi hookup on the top card.. and thus making it seem as if the top card is the only one getting used or pushed the hardest.

Probably needs to be the top card cuz that would be pcie1 or just first in line instead of the bottom one.

blowing air on it may just move the heat around the case adn offset the case air flow. Have you tried using the fan blowing air on it to take the air away instead, that is assuming that its a side case fan with a hole in the side for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    ok guys besides laying case on side and getting a non-tower case i'm trying to figure out how to keep top video card from getting hotter than lower card. Heat does rise but i have a fan out from it pushing air on it. How come i can't move the monitor output to the lower card? It seems it needs to be hooked up to only one certain dvi hookup on the top card.. and thus making it seem as if the top card is the only one getting used or pushed the hardest.

I stole an idea saw on DFI Street.... I put a 92mm fan right underneath my HDD to blow air right on the northbridge/vid card...kinda of at a 45d angle ... chipset ran at around 48-50c at idle .... now at a full load it maxes out at 45 and the vid card was around 60-65 now its around 52-55c....CPU never goes above 36

worked like a charm