Thread: How to connect 2 adsl router together?

How to connect 2 adsl router together?

Hey guys, anyone of u know how to connect 2 dlink rounter (DSL-504T) through the adsl port(that uses traditional 2-wire copper telephone lines to connect)? each of the adsl have a lan network. the purpose of this is to connect both lan network where is far from each other,(normal twisted wire can only go up to 100meter) may take up to 3km.

The problems that i have is i dunno how to configure to create a connection between this 2 routers. From what i know is we need to have a computer server to connect both rounters. can anyone help me with this? or any suggestion? urgent!!!

thanks

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Is you goal to create a VPN tunnel between two locations? Such as two business locations that need to communicate with each other? Because after checking on your model router, the DSL-504T does not support "router to router VPN tunnels".

What needs are there for the two networks to communicate with each other? There might be a better solution than a VPN WAN.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

actually both network is not pcs... is actually a few devices that using twisted cable(cat5). it does't connect to the internet, can create a VPN. All the devices wil connect to a switch-dslrouter. Then what i need to do is to connect both network together so that it can communicate with each other.
    thanks

bibiboy, not sure I follow what you are trying to accomplish. Are the ADSL routers located at two separate physical locations?

yes.. two adsl modem is located at 2 different places. i think is hard to join both router together. My main aim is to join the 2 network together using telephone line(coz it can go up to 2 kms long). anyway, u got any suggestion to join from a cat5 cable to a telephone line? as cat5 cable have distance limitation. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bibiboy
    yes.. two adsl modem is located at 2 different places. i think is hard to join both router together. My main aim is to join the 2 network together using telephone line(coz it can go up to 2 kms long). anyway, u got any suggestion to join from a cat5 cable to a telephone line? as cat5 cable have distance limitation. thanks
    Ok, you won't be able to do this with these specific routers and without purchasing a WAN service from the phone company. Your best bet is to use VPN over the Internet (both locations will need Internet access via the ADSL routers).

Any devices or way that i can connect both network without internet access? i need to run it under tcp/ip protocol.
    thanks

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by bibiboy
    Any devices or way that i can connect both network without internet access? i need to run it under tcp/ip protocol.
    thanks
    You'll have to purchase some sort of connection for each site to do a "site to site VPN" over...be it DSL, or Cable, or some flavor of fractional T-1. You don't have to provide internet access to your users if you don't want to, but if you want to connect the two locations...you're going to have to pay for that "in between stuff" somehow.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Jantruly

Dont use adsl

Use GSHDSL Modem

U can use atrie modem . it act like a wire and superb.....

SYED NASEER AHMED

How to connect 2 dsl.

each of the adsl have a lan network. the purpose of this is to connect both lan network where is far from each other,(normal twisted wire can only go up to 100meter) may take up to 3km.
    The problems that i have is i dunno how to configure to create a connection between this 2 routers. From what i know is we need to have a computer server to connect both rounters.