Thread: First Chinese Exported Car Deemed Unsafe

First Chinese Exported Car Deemed Unsafe

The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero — the worst-ever score — in safety tests.

The JiangLing Landwind was displayed at the Frankfurt Motor Show last week and is expected to arrive in British showrooms within months. It is already on sale in Holland, Germany and Belgium and has been billed as the vanguard of a new invasion of Chinese vehicles.

The two-ton 4x4 scored zero stars in crash tests last week by the ADAC, the German automobile club, which carries out tests for Euro NCAP. “It had a catastrophic result,” said a spokesman for the ADAC. “In our 20-year history no car has performed as badly.”

So how bad was it? take a look....

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/...-outside-view/

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/...ssenger-cabin/

Looks like the chinese have some work to do before they become a player in the automotive industry LOL
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero — the worst-ever score — in safety tests.

The JiangLing Landwind was displayed at the Frankfurt Motor Show last week and is expected to arrive in British showrooms within months. It is already on sale in Holland, Germany and Belgium and has been billed as the vanguard of a new invasion of Chinese vehicles.

The two-ton 4x4 scored zero stars in crash tests last week by the ADAC, the German automobile club, which carries out tests for Euro NCAP. “It had a catastrophic result,” said a spokesman for the ADAC. “In our 20-year history no car has performed as badly.”

So how bad was it? take a look....

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/...-outside-view/

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/...ssenger-cabin/

Looks like the chinese have some work to do before they become a player in the automotive industry LOL

silly kah me wok now
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

They need to stick with knocking off clothes, toys and electronics.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

0 stars? good grief, remind me to never buy any Chinese automobiles

didn't look good, but I also think that the current crop of automakers are going to make things difficult for the Chinese. They have the potential to undercut everyone.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    They need to stick with knocking off clothes, toys and electronics.

Pie

China is making a good number of the parts going into several US and European manufactered autos, including engine block.

It is a matter of time before they wind up buying GM or Ford.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Unsafe?????

Why, why.....it's a Corvair!!!

Hmmmm...smells familiar.

Once upon a time, Japanese cars were looked down upon.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I think china uses their cars as population control. No airbags or safety required.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoNut
    Hmmmm...smells familiar.

Once upon a time, Japanese cars were looked down upon.
    Maybe they'll pull a Hyundai one of these day and make some decent cars after 10 or so years.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    China is making a good number of the parts going into several US and European manufactered autos, including engine block.

It is a matter of time before they wind up buying GM or Ford.
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't their next move. I see them buying either a Japanese or maybe Korean one tho. If they are to import into their own country it will be a lot closer.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

GM will be a good buy if they keep declning. shrink them down and cut out the bad parts and you have a full line up of good stuff for one car maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    no kidding
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

The ghost in the machine striker8000's Avatar
    that's a first...I thought the airbag was supposed to prevent the head from colliding with the steering wheel
    still folding away, haven't been on as much lately

GM and its main Chinese partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. have developed a fuel cell prototype, the Phoenix.
    DaimlerChrysler AG plans to test three hydrogen fuel-cell buses in Beijing and Toyota Motor Co. will assemble and sell its gasoline-electric Prius hybrid in China.
    China is pushing to develop alternative fuels andthe need for "clean vehicles" are accelerating as China prepares to hold the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karcraz View Post
    GM and its main Chinese partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. have developed a fuel cell prototype, the Phoenix.
    DaimlerChrysler AG plans to test three hydrogen fuel-cell buses in Beijing and Toyota Motor Co. will assemble and sell its gasoline-electric Prius hybrid in China.
    China is pushing to develop alternative fuels andthe need for "clean vehicles" are accelerating as China prepares to hold the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai.
    I think the Chinese automakers should work on making a safer car before working on alternative fuels...my gosh, you sound just like a commercial
    Fee was a buddhist prodigy...
    Long past the age of maturity...
    Someday he knew it would set him free...
    Like it did for Floyd...
    The Chimpanzee...