Thread: Dlink 108g airplus xtreme G router

Lithanos

Question Dlink 108g airplus xtreme G router

Alright then lets see how confused i can get poeple 8)

I am a WoW junkie. I play this game at least once a day even if it is for only 1 hour. Anyways this is a pretty decent router. Here is my prob. I upgraded from the lynksys to this. Of course since i dont use a dlink 108 card the max ill get is 54MB Mbps (debatlable of course being its wirless)
    During the gamplay online. I get what i like to call black holes. There are many times while playing seems as if the signal just gets stuck. In the game we call them lag spikes. I can tell the difference in the spikes when they are either the router or the server. As odd as it sounds there is a diffrenence.
    I usually always have a excellent signal so I was wondering if any has this router that have mastered it can give me some advice of reducing the number or spikes i get.
    I have the lastest drivers i also leave my router open. i run in a 3 MB/s connection.so i usually get around 25-30 KB/s d/l.
    Yeah i know i should have it on lockdown,but around here i dont need to worry to much about it. There a few more reasons why i leave it open but we wont go into that >8)
    Anyhoo. any advice on what i can do to either eliminate the lag spikes or at least reduce them?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Did the Linksys give you these same issues?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Lithanos
    No the lnksys actually ranpretty good. It was a 11mbs router. So i upgraded to the dlink. I forgot what lnksys model it was. I ran pretty good for the most part besides the 11. With the router i have now i get around 52-54 give or take a few. I repostioned my routher to make sure i get full excellent signal at all times.
    Seemed to help but only a little. I updated the firmware same as before helped but now enough to really notice a difference