Thread: So I Get A Letter In The Mail From My Landlord......

So I Get A Letter In The Mail From My Landlord......

Stating that my rent is late and I've been charged a $50 late fee on top of the $806 per month that I waste for this 1 bedroom apt. So I'm like WTF!! I sent the payment out in the mail last week, how can it be late?

I decide to look in the other pile of mail where we keep pending bills, and low and behold, there is the envelope that I had sent to my landlords office. I notice that there's no Return to Sender stamp on it; I look at it for a few more seconds and it hits me.....I PUT MY NAME/ADDRESS IN THE "TO" FIELD AND I PUT MY LANDLORDS NAME IN THE "FROM" FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'll call the landlord tomorrow and explain to him what happened, he'll get a kick out of my major brain fart!!

I'd rather pay my mortgage which is triple my rent, than pay another months rent in this apt! This is my last month here!!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    Stating that my rent is late and I've been charged a $50 late fee on top of the $806 per month that I waste for this 1 bedroom apt. So I'm like WTF!! I sent the payment out in the mail last week, how can it be late?

I decide to look in the other pile of mail where we keep pending bills, and low and behold, there is the envelope that I had sent to my landlords office in NYC. I notice that there's no Return to Sender stamp on it. I look at it for a few more seconds and it hits me.....I PUT MY NAME/ADDRESS IN THE "TO" FIELD AND I PUT MY LANDLORDS NAME IN THE "FROM" FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'll call the landlord tomorrow and explain to him what happened, he'll get a kick out of my major brain fart!!

I'd rather pay my mortgage which is triple my rent, than pay another months rent in this apt! This is my last month here!!

ahhh ...home ownership ....

Yeah.. mortgages... Just finishing year one of my first mortgage. I'm only 20 though...

It sounds like you and Zilog have a new topic to discuss with each other. I would recommend sending him a PM, except for the fact that it would probably be delivered into your own inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    It sounds like you and Zilog have a new topic to discuss with each other. I would recommend sending him a PM, except for the fact that it would probably be delivered into your own inbox.
    LOL, smartass!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Just spoke with the landlords wife, I explained to her what happened, we both had a good laugh and she told me to not worry about the late fee, she did say that she would come over to my house in person to pick up the check, and to make sure that the wife wasn't here when she came to pick it up

`

Just spoke with the landlords wife, I explained to her what happened, we both had a good laugh and she told me to not worry about the late fee, she did say that she would come over to my house in person to pick up the check, and to make sure that the wife wasn't here when she came to pick it up
    Your mother-in-law is your landlord?

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones

and to make sure that the wife wasn't here when she came to pick it up
    Uh oh.. Someone has to workoff the late fee. Your in trouble, she may charge you double.
    Imagine
    BattleField2 - DDImagine2002

kill my landlord , kill my landlord

Bwahahahahahah

OWNED
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Yep, have to agree, I laughed really hard... you got owned. But at least you got the fee waived.
    Live everyday as if it was your last.
    Folding with TheFallenAngels

Bwahahahah....

My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee