Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.03 Impressions

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE
    They lowered the requirements for each rank. Gunnery Sergeant requires like 10,000 Global Points now instead of the 75,000 before. Some other stuff is easier to get. That's why you ranked up like you did.
    That's odd...considering I'm still at 6,400 points or something, and as mentioned above..3x flag captures in a row = 3x rank climbs? Seriously....I played on a couple of servers, and each one was giving me a rank climb within minutes of each other. I'd cap a flag in Daqing...."Promotion"...drive around and cap another flag..."Promotion"..drive to US base, blow up the UAV and Radar..."Promotion". ???

Some other people on the servers were yacking about that too. These were ECG and GameCenter servers, not some custom clan unlocked/hacked servers.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Go onto an EA Official server. Works faster that way.
    Respect it.

Oh man the M-95 rocks on Mashtur.
    Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    That's odd...considering I'm still at 6,400 points or something, and as mentioned above..3x flag captures in a row = 3x rank climbs? Seriously....I played on a couple of servers, and each one was giving me a rank climb within minutes of each other. I'd cap a flag in Daqing...."Promotion"...drive around and cap another flag..."Promotion"..drive to US base, blow up the UAV and Radar..."Promotion". ???

Some other people on the servers were yacking about that too. These were ECG and GameCenter servers, not some custom clan unlocked/hacked servers.

Yeah Cat what your seeing here is the rank server catching up with what points you have from the adjustment of ranking vs the amount of global points you have. Good move on EA's part as getting to some of them ranks and using most weapons would take forever if your a working person.. I just don't have time to play all damn day to earn a few thousand points a day like some of them guys do and i'm not about to point farm to get them.. that just wouldn't be right.. I say good move on EA's side!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE
    Oh man the M-95 rocks on Mashtur.

Sometimes It just takes a bit of time so the stat servers can get caught up so to speak. I finally got three unlocks last night and I received my promotions on Tuesday.

servers

I have noticed that the pings when searching for a ranked server have gone up for me since installing update 1.03. I used to get a couple 30 to 40 ping servers, now i can't find a ranked server faster then 47 ping. There are only like one of those. I usually do a search , capping it off at 65 ping, Where i got about 35 servers with a equal to or lower ping after the update I only get about 13 results.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot78
    I have noticed that the pings when searching for a ranked server have gone up for me since installing update 1.03. I used to get a couple 30 to 40 ping servers, now i can't find a ranked server faster then 47 ping. There are only like one of those. I usually do a search , capping it off at 65 ping, Where i got about 35 servers with a equal to or lower ping after the update I only get about 13 results.

I see a ton of servers that ping 150-170. And when I join them and start playing, my pings are 40-60.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot78

All Seeing Eye from Yahoo is a better search engine for servers ... ping is more accurate there ..however you would need to run a fix for it to browse 1.03 servers... i described it in another thread