Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: BK Law: Another Blow to Katrina Victims

  1. #21
    Peace Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Rochelle, New York
    Posts
    18,128
    Quote Originally Posted by major marco
    Apparently staying on topic of any given thread is a foreign concept to you geniuses and ad hominem attacks are what passes for discussion, particularly when you can't think of anything else witty/intelligent to say. You people deserve each other.
    :2cool:

  2. #22
    Regular Member major marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Golden State
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    I never filed bankruptcy doofus ... re-read it again and try and keep up k
    Shall I go whining about your "racist" comment now? That does seem to be the catchall on this forum whenever someone doesn't like someone else's opinion.

  3. #23
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by major marco
    Apparently staying on topic of any given thread is a foreign concept to you geniuses and ad hominem attacks are what passes for discussion, particularly when you can't think of anything else witty/intelligent to say. You people deserve each other.

    that's the best you could come back with??? admit it ..you don't know jack about any bankruptcy legislation ...its just more for you to whine about ... you're worse than my 5 year old child .... shoe fly
    Offensive

  4. #24
    MadDoctor Club Spammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MadDoctors Wool.
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by major marco
    Apparently staying on topic of any given thread is a foreign concept to you geniuses and ad hominem attacks are what passes for discussion, particularly when you can't think of anything else witty/intelligent to say. You people deserve each other.

    Hey MajorCrackho


    There is no reason to insult buddy
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

    Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

  5. #25
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by major marco
    Shall I go whining about your "racist" comment now? That does seem to be the catchall on this forum whenever someone doesn't like someone else's opinion.
    my racist comment ..lmfao ..where ?
    Offensive

  6. #26
    Peace Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Rochelle, New York
    Posts
    18,128
    OH, what a way to spend a day.

  7. #27
    Peace Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Rochelle, New York
    Posts
    18,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    my racist comment ..lmfao ..where ?
    You called him a doofus?

  8. #28
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    You called him a doofus?

    doo·fus Audio pronunciation of "doofus" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dfs)
    n. Slang pl. doo·fus·es

    An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.




    well, if the shoe fits.............
    Offensive

  9. #29
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    oh , and how times are you going to keep using 'ad hominem' ...i think we're at our limit ...
    Offensive

  10. #30
    easily amused
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    doo·fus Audio pronunciation of "doofus" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dfs)
    n. Slang pl. doo·fus·es

    An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.




    well, if the shoe fits.............

    bwahahah, you racist! I bet you sit around plotting a way to try to get them all deported to the country of Doof!!!!

  11. #31
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    doo·fus Audio pronunciation of "doofus" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dfs)
    n. Slang pl. doo·fus·es

    An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.




    well, if the shoe fits.............
    Guess it runs in his family tree or something.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  12. #32
    easily amused
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    oh , and how times are you going to keep using 'ad hominem' ...i think we're at our limit ...
    it was the sesame street word of the week and he's just showing off...

  13. #33
    Peace Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Rochelle, New York
    Posts
    18,128
    I smell troll chit.

  14. #34
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    Back to topic please.


    I tend to think that while the new BR laws were needed, I fail to see where they really got back to the original intent of them. In this case, it's not exactly right that one family who have always kept bills paid, worked hard all their lives and even voted for the cheap bastards who voted for this version of the bill, should have to move to a poor farm while some business who they owed money too, shouldn't suffer at all.


    I happen to belive that the rights of the citizens are more important than the rights of corporations. We need to get back to that.

  15. #35
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Back to topic please.


    I tend to think that while the new BR laws were needed, I fail to see where they really got back to the original intent of them. In this case, it's not exactly right that one family who have always kept bills paid, worked hard all their lives and even voted for the cheap bastards who voted for this version of the bill, should have to move to a poor farm while some business who they owed money too, shouldn't suffer at all.


    I happen to belive that the rights of the citizens are more important than the rights of corporations. We need to get back to that.

    I agree but it is a two way street .....i have 40 active bankruptcies on my books and none of them are because of a genuine problem other than overextending themselves...it's like people forgot how to save money in case of an emergency


    The credit card co's DO need to take responsibility for issuing people credit and being more forthcoming with all the details of a persons credit card agreement


    after 15 years of seeing this IMHO it boils down to this ...

    no one held a gun to your head forcing you to spend money you didn't have
    Offensive

  16. #36
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    So let's stop giving out home loans and car loans because you never know when something might happen to you. That should fix the ecomomy.


    I'd say that our own goverment's unwillingness to FIX the ecomomy, may very well contribute to a lot of BR. No?

    Izzo...yes there are abuses..but imho, lazy lawmakers COULD do something to fix the system instead of catering to their masters...

    *edit* Let me back up a second to the original question.

    Talking to Roundeye this weekend, he mentioned that in St. Bernard's Parish, they are going to have to bulldoze over 140,000 homes. I think that's what he said. I'd be supprised if even 25 percent of them were actually paid off. That would give a huge percentage of them as still owing on them. For the most part, most people left pretty much everything they owned in them houses.

    By your reasoning, they should still be paying their mortgage even though there's a good chance that they might not ever be able to build on there own land again. They've lost their cars....everything. This is one of the situations that the original law was supposed to help. Now in saying all that, would you still be making your payments on a life you no longer have or will ever have again?

  17. #37
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    So let's stop giving out home loans and car loans because you never know when something might happen to you. That should fix the ecomomy.


    I'd say that our own goverment's unwillingness to FIX the ecomomy, may very well contribute to a lot of BR. No?

    Izzo...yes there are abuses..but imho, lazy lawmakers COULD do something to fix the system instead of catering to their masters...

    C'mon man .. no but people need to take things into consideration when making large purchases ... insurance ?? disability insurance?? and yes ..after meeting with a number of trustees and attorneys about this legislation it's clear where it originated from .. like i've said in previous posts on this topic ...the poor get the shaft again while the rich benefit ....in a nutshell only those that can afford to file now can..


    I used to have a customer that would go into a casino with her husband and write thousands in checks to play then stop payment on them the minute we opened the following morning ..she did this like 3 times before they put an end to it ... after she files shes comes to make a deposit and rolls up in a pimped out Lincoln Navigator ......pff priorities .. some people feel entitled to a certain lifestyle and they'll do whatever it takes to make it happen


    oh and MOST CC companies will do whatever they can to make the profit ... goes both ways
    Offensive

  18. #38
    MadDoctor Club Spammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MadDoctors Wool.
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    C'mon man .. no but people need to take things into consideration when making large purchases ... insurance ?? disability insurance?? and yes ..after meeting with a number of trustees and attorneys about this legislation it's clear where it originated from .. like i've said in previous posts on this topic ...the poor get the shaft again while the rich benefit ....in a nutshell only those that can afford to file now can..


    I used to have a customer that would go into a casino with her husband and write thousands in checks to play then stop payment on them the minute we opened the following morning ..she did this like 3 times before they put an end to it ... after she files shes comes to make a deposit and rolls up in a pimped out Lincoln Navigator ......pff priorities .. some people feel entitled to a certain lifestyle and they'll do whatever it takes to make it happen


    oh and MOST CC companies will do whatever they can to make the profit ... goes both ways


    So does Ken
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

    Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

  19. #39
    meat popsicle Zilog B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammy
    So does Ken
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

  20. #40
    Moderator Bouncer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    OCONUS
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyb
    bwahahah, you racist! I bet you sit around plotting a way to try to get them all deported to the country of Doof!!!!
    You. Stop making trouble. Or spankins'. Or no spankins'. Whichever.

    Regards,
    -Bouncer-

Similar Threads

  1. Mexico sends troop convoy to aid Katrina victims.
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-08-05, 09:26 PM
  2. Canada sends 1,000 Sailors for Katrina Aid
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-05, 03:23 PM
  3. Why are victims our only war heroes?
    By Indy in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-04, 09:24 PM
  4. Terrific news for pro-lifers!
    By Brk in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-15-04, 08:45 PM
  5. Blow Hole suggestion
    By Jon in forum Hardware & Overclocking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-02, 05:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •