Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a Poll on Katrina and a Senators comment (Must see)

a Poll on Katrina and a Senators comment (Must see)

In a recent Poll titled "Are the recent hurricanes a deliberate act of God?"
    Are the recent hurricanes a deliberate act of God? Yes No

Yes No
    All Respondents 23% 67%
    Evangelical Protestants 33 61
    Non-Evangelical Protestants 13 76
    Non-Religious 17 65
    Catholics 15 78
    18 to 34 32 60
    35 and Older 19 71
    Earns $25K or Less 34 57
    Earns $75K or More 21 70
    High School Grad or Less 31 61
    College Degree or More 11 79

This statement was made by one of our elected officials. How do these people get elected and stay in power? No wonder why the government is so messed up. We have government officials spewing out this crap.

Alabama State Sen. Hank Erwin, R-Montevallo, recently called Hurricane Katrina a punishment from God, saying New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast "have always been known for gambling, sin and wickedness. It is the kind of behavior that ultimately brings the judgment of God."
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...000000001#poll
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Does it really surprise you?

when it comes to religion nothing surprises me. how else did religion get to be so powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by thepieman

How do these people get elected and stay in power? No wonder why the government is so messed up. We have government officials spewing out this crap.
    Look at it this way. At least that fundy nutjob is confined to Alabammy...land of the inbred. If they want to base their lives on a mythical, vengeful, supernatural being in the sky creating natural catastrophes, then let them. Me, I'm stickin' to the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory and I want it taught in schools right along with ID and Evolution.
    Last edited by major marco; 10-02-05 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by major marco
    Look at it this way. At least that fundy nutjob is confined to Alabammy...land of the inbred. If they want to base their lives on a mythical, vengeful, supernatural being in the sky creating natural catastrophes, then let them. Me, I'm stickin' to the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory and I want it taught in schools right along with ID and Evolution.
    well Kyle and Russel are from Alabammy and they aren't inbreds but I feel bad for them that they have people like this that are supposed to be the voices of the constituents and hes spouting off with his personal beliefs while in office and on the record. It seems that individuals like this hope for things like that to happen. I wonder if he believes that 9-11 was a proper punishment for an evil,and godless city like New York City. It also allows me to believe that these conspiracies that are thrown about (9-11 was one, The Levees being broken was another) could be quite possible with this kind of person running around in a position of power and that the secret could be kept quite easily.

Pie
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

well Kyle and Russel are from Alabammy and they aren't inbreds but I feel bad for them that they have people like this that are supposed to be the voices of the constituents and hes spouting off with his personal beliefs while in office and on the record. It seems that individuals like this hope for things like that to happen. I wonder if he believes that 9-11 was a proper punishment for an evil,and godless city like New York City. It also allows me to believe that these conspiracies that are thrown about (9-11 was one, The Levees being broken was another) could be quite possible with this kind of person running around in a position of power and that the secret could be kept quite easily.

Pie

Acefireyfurball too

He's entitled to his opinion.
    Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE
    Yeah he is but when you are being paid by the taxpayers you should stick to business while on company time. If you were the CFO or VP of a company and made a statement like that you'd be fired. Theres no difference, or You can just save it for your Memoirs at a later date when you have retired to air your views on life.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE
    And you know what they say about opinions, dont'cha.

And you know what they say about opinions, dont'cha.

Everybody has an ass hole?

I wonder if he believes that 9-11 was a proper punishment for an evil,and godless city like New York City.
    Pie
    Notwithstanding the 5 or so people in the state of Alabammy who aren't inbred, how do the fundies explain Vegas still standing? Let's recall the past several catastrophic hurricanes. Did any of them take place in the other "sinful" cities? I would think that a supernatural being wreaking havoc for "sin" would have Vegas at the top of the To-Be-Destroyed list. What about Hollywood? "God" seems to be focussed on Florida and Texas and the other Red State with his wrathful hurricanes. Do ya think since Fla. & TX were involved that maybe "God" is trying to tell the Bu$h Crime Family Syndicate something?

As to the nutjob fundy Congre$$man being entitled to an opinion...Sure. He's also entitled to wear stilettos and panty hose but you wouldn't want to know about it. There is a reason there's an Amendment that specifically states church & state are to be separate. If these religious nutjobs want to go around bloviating about "God's" wrath then let them do it on their own dime, not the taxpayers who pay their bloated salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Acefireyfurball too
    Hi! North Caroline here, but sorry I am 0% inbred. Hate to disapoint

The insults arent necessary marco, some christians and people from the south are decent believe it or not. This guy is a physco, he probably spends too much time in bible study and not enough in the world where he can apply the word of the lord. He thinks he means well, but hes misguided as hell. There are extremes from every side
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

Notwithstanding the 5 or so people in the state of Alabammy who aren't inbred, how do the fundies explain Vegas still standing? Let's recall the past several catastrophic hurricanes. Did any of them take place in the other "sinful" cities? I would think that a supernatural being wreaking havoc for "sin" would have Vegas at the top of the To-Be-Destroyed list. What about Hollywood? "God" seems to be focussed on Florida and Texas and the other Red State with his wrathful hurricanes. Do ya think since Fla. & TX were involved that maybe "God" is trying to tell the Bu$h Crime Family Syndicate something?
    Dude I thought about Vegas but then, thats where they can go and have their extramarital sex in privacy courtesy of the Hotels that they collude with and without Hollywood they wouldn't get their campaign donations and Hollywood starlets to go to Vegas with.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFireball
    Hi! North Caroline here
    Same thing, all southern

This poll and the Senator's comments have nothing to do with God or religion. It's a smokescreen to deny homeowners insurance as most acts of God are not covered.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...a_scruggs.html

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Same thing, all southern

Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    This poll and the Senator's comments have nothing to do with God or religion. It's a smokescreen to deny homeowners insurance as most acts of God are not covered.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...a_scruggs.html
    Nice. Well we knew that was just a matter of time. After all, what with the poverty stricken insurance companies struggling to make a buck can you really blame them. They have to hold bake sales so their CEOs can own a fourth home in the south of France and buy his sixth SUV limo.

well here another one who says it becuase of sins in new orleans

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/04/kat....ap/index.html

"There's been satanic worship. There's been sexual perversion," Graham said Monday in an appearance at Liberty University. "God is going to use that storm to bring revival. God has a plan. God has a purpose."
    what is scarier is ppl will follow him

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    Notwithstanding the 5 or so people in the state of Alabammy who aren't inbred
    How do you know this? Please share your source with us. I would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    well here another one who says it becuase of sins in new orleans

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/04/kat....ap/index.html

what is scarier is ppl will follow him
    Where does Graham say that the city was destroyed because of its sin?

And anyways, if God was going to destroy a sinful city, San Fran would be first on the list, they're about as close to Sodom and Gomorrah as you can get.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    Where does Graham say that the city was destroyed because of its sin?

And anyways, if God was going to destroy a sinful city, San Fran would be first on the list, they're about as close to Sodom and Gomorrah as you can get.

opuch Blisster lives there...that not nice..lol