Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mambo Help Needed

SG Enthusiast
    Yet another BTW - there are components that handle aliasing for you - you can have the full URL to your Gallery be www.illin25.com/gallery/ when the actual location is www.lillin25.com/components/com_gallery/gallery/

A little kinder to those who send links.

Skye
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

Thanks a ton Skye!! What I did was completely uninstall Gallery2 and the component "com_gallery2" What I get get right is the full path, relative path of gallery2 in the admin section. I found a very good thread about mambo and G2 and how to embed it but for the life of me I can't get the full path right.

I got your PM and you have one in return

(I also PM'ed GhostHunter or whatever his name is now about coppermine and what needs to be done on how to install that successfully. Im just getting frustrated spending the last few evenings trying to get some sort of photo gallery installed, LOL)

thanks cyberskye!

if anyone curious here how to setup SMF forums integrated with Mambo:

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...?topic=25718.0

Btw getting it set up is not very hard, but getting the themes to work together takes some work, because you basically have two css files and might need to modify your theme to make it work more smoothly with the WRAPPER component with Mambo

Once you have SMF and Mambo running go ahead and install coppermine

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/ma...hp#integrating

that shows how to integrate the two.

In fact you can install of these in any order it doesnt really matter. But just take it one step at a time. You can also install coppermine standalone for now just to get a feel of it and later integrate. that is what i did.

I personally have my mambo right under /htdocs

and coppermine

/htdocs/cpg

and smf here

/htdocs/smf

What exactly does it mean by "absolute" path, full and relative path when it comes to configuring the components? Example would be what? I just cant figure this thing out to save my life, LMAO!!! and at the same time

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    What exactly does it mean by "absolute" path, full and relative path when it comes to configuring the components? Example would be what? I just cant figure this thing out to save my life, LMAO!!! and at the same time
    Absolute path measn teh path from / (root) on the filesystem. This varies based on your host.

Usually, within your / root dir there is a subdir called htdocs/ (on unix systems). This is /var/www/htdocs/ on some linux systems by default. So in this example, if you install gallery to www.x.com/gallery/ your absolute path would be /var/www/<some name based folder; provided by your host>/htdocs/gallery/ ; while the relative path would be gallery/ (because relative starts at htdocs/ ; and apache cannot 'see' above htdocs/)

Skye
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberskye
    Absolute path measn teh path from / (root) on the filesystem. This varies based on your host.

Usually, within your / root dir there is a subdir called htdocs/ (on unix systems). This is /var/www/htdocs/ on some linux systems by default. So in this example, if you install gallery to www.x.com/gallery/ your absolute path would be /var/www/<some name based folder; provided by your host>/htdocs/gallery/ ; while the relative path would be gallery/ (because relative starts at htdocs/ ; and apache cannot 'see' above htdocs/)

Skye
    Skye,

From what I PM'ed you..the server details and such...

What would be my relative path for "gallery2"? I just dont understand htdocs, ect. That directory doesn't show in ftp?? or wont show? It's just my main url "illini25.net" then it's all the directories of mambo and one directory that I made called "downloads" that is it.

Thanks as always

Well..... I decided to go with something a lot simplier.

http://mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=1283

Already up and running. Just need to add photo's and whatnot.

What to personally thank CyberSkye for his help! Much appreciated!!

See Below!
    Last edited by Bee150; 11-03-06 at 02:25 PM.

Please, please, please, please HELP!

Hi! I run many Mambo sites on my website, but I have now enocuntered a problem. If anyone on the forum can help I would be most appreciative! Here we go...

I run many Mambo sites, but recently, when I went to update my site I found it not to be working, and nor were any other Mambo sites I own.
    It had come up with the automatic error sign. I checked, and it wasnít just my public site that was down, I couldnít access the administrator section either.
    I checked other Mambo websites being hosted by the same people as the company who host mine and their Mambo sites were working perfectly.
    It seems to be localised just to my website. (www.themasterweb.co.uk) All of my Mambo sites are down and I donít know what to do. They are running on 4.5.3 & 4.5.4, and when I tried to update them to 4.6.1 through Fantastico, it said:

---
    Upgrade failed
    The database mw_mamb2 is not working properly and the creation of a database backup file has failed. Please contact the sysadmin for further assistance. Include this message for reference.
    ---

NOTE: mw_mamb2 is the SQL username for my website!

I have checked both configuration files and compared them to that of a working mambo site, and they are fine. When I install new Mambo sites through Fantastico now however, they do work.

Is there anything you can suggest to help? I am at a loose end! I havenít backed them up yet, it was actually on the agenda for the very day they went down!

Any reply would be really helpful, with good or bad news. I simply donít know what to try next.

Thankyou,

Sebastian Hamilton