Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mambo Help Needed

Mambo Help Needed

Ok, I switched over to Mambo and on my front page where the date should be Im getting "Date_Format_LC" How do I go about changing this? I've looked all around my admin area, but can't seem to find anything?

Thanks for any replies!

-illini25

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    Ok, I switched over to Mambo and on my front page where the date should be Im getting "Date_Format_LC" How do I go about changing this? I've looked all around my admin area, but can't seem to find anything?

Thanks for any replies!

-illini25
    Did you create the template or download it? This link probably has your answer.
    http://www.mambers.com/showthread.php?t=3143

Let me know if you need any explanation.

Skye
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

SG Enthusiast
    Which version of Mambo, php, apache, and mysql?

It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberskye
    Did you create the template or download it? This link probably has your answer.
    http://www.mambers.com/showthread.php?t=3143

Let me know if you need any explanation.

Skye
    Skye,

The template came with the version I downloaded. Version 4.5.3

Where would I put in this code? The English.php one? I looked in there before, and I couldn't find the code I needed to change...

Which version of Mambo, php, apache, and mysql?
    PHP Version: 4.3.10
    Web Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
    WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
    Mambo Version: Mambo 4.5.3 Dev [ Iapetus ] TBA 00:00 GMT
    MySQL: Not really sure...my site is being hosting by 1&1 and I've used there web based phpMyAdmin.

Thanks a lot Skye!!

SG Enthusiast
    ok - mambo 4.5.2 is the latest stable branch. Not saying that is causing this, but something to consider...

You mentioned phpMyAdmin - could you check the table mos_content and verify taht the column modified has sane data? The format is datetime so it should look something like 0000-00-00 00:00:00 but with an actual time

BTW - the problem you are having appears to be related to the date format not being set (i.e - mm/dd/yyyy vs dd/mm/yyyy).

SG Enthusiast
    Edit: Have you tried multiple templates? Trying to isolate the configuration and presentation...

Skye
    Last edited by cyberskye; 09-17-05 at 06:44 PM.

ok - mambo 4.5.2 is the latest stable branch. Not saying that is causing this, but something to consider...

You mentioned phpMyAdmin - could you check the table mos_content and verify taht the column modified has sane data? The format is datetime so it should look something like 0000-00-00 00:00:00 but with an actual time

BTW - the problem you are having appears to be related to the date format not being set (i.e - mm/dd/yyyy vs dd/mm/yyyy).
    I went into phpMyAdmin and found mos_content, then to column modified. Datetime is all zero's....When I open up the modified table, it's this:

http://members.speedguide.net/illini25/content.jpg

Is this the place where I need to make the changes at?

Edit: Have you tried multiple templates? Trying to isolate the configuration and presentation...

Skye
    Sorry about this one. Should of mentioned that every template is the same thing when it comes to the datetime mess.

I really appreciate all the time and effort your doing to help me out as much as possible. Once I get the datetime figured out, I'll end up switching templates...try and find a suitable one...color, ect.

SG Enthusiast
    Your screendshot is of column definition, not data. For the article that's in the db, is the modified date correct?

BTW - I have googled quite a bit and found very little on this in English. Are you positive that the locale settings are correct?

Skye

Your screendshot is of column definition, not data. For the article that's in the db, is the modified date correct?

BTW - I have googled quite a bit and found very little on this in English. Are you positive that the locale settings are correct?

Skye
    The date is still all zero's. Im to the point where I just have no clue anymore, LOL. Is it the settings in the Mambo Admin or the MyPHPAdmin settings where I need to make the changes?

Maybe I should drop down to 4.5.2 version and see how that works. Im up to do just about anything now.

SG Enthusiast
    I would personally recommend a downgrade - at least then I could use one of my 4 sites as a model to help you troubleshoot...

Locale settings are in the Admin section, though they are set during installation as well.

SG Enthusiast
    Wait a minute - check this link out - http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthr...DATE_FORMAT_LC

Are you positive that permissions were set correctly? There is a tab in the Admin area that confirms all permissions are correct.

I would personally recommend a downgrade - at least then I could use one of my 4 sites as a model to help you troubleshoot...

Locale settings are in the Admin section, though they are set during installation as well.
    Skye,

I downgraded right after I posted this morning....All is good now

http://www.illini25.net/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

Now I just need to find some cool templates, ect...now the fun begins!!!

What are the site's you made using Mambo? Would love to check them out and see what sort of cool things can be done using this program.

Thanks for your time and effort! Much appreciated for sure!

SG Enthusiast
    My latest project (WIP) is a portal site for live-aboard boaters. My folks are my first client.

http://marinenomads.com

I plan to have forums, gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com), and HOWTO: articles on maintenance, location guides/reviews. There is another package I am using called myhomepage. Chgeck out the userlist link to see some of the samples I have set up already. Gives priviledged users the ability to create/update their own homepage within mambo. I am having some issues loading individual modules/components within the homepage area vs. the 'central' mambo instance - will probably require hacking the component mgmt files.

I'll PM you my personal site - I use it as a testbed for new components/features. It is currently running a demo I did for my company so I don't want to advertise to all the google-bots out there

This is the best source for all things mambo - http://mamboforge.net/ templates, components, modules, mambots, and hacks.

You can check out my site using mambo/coppermine/smf

http://www.thebandalliance.org

Still need to fix my logo..and coppermine gallery to match the theme, but otherwise I am set

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    You can check out my site using mambo/coppermine/smf

http://www.thebandalliance.org

Still need to fix my logo..and coppermine gallery to match the theme, but otherwise I am set
    GH,

Very nice! What do you use for your forums? For your gallery Im torn between coppermine and Gallery2. Im uploading Gallery2 as I type...at least if I can get it installed and running.

I want to use a small forum...just for family members and what not. Probably keep it passworded and then a public forum for the main site. Nothing to fancy for now.

Yeah, it's not easy making graphics..at least im not the best. I made my own, took me about twenty minutes...LOL

http://www.illini25.net

Have a look, what do you think?

Thanks for the link GH...another one who I can ask when I have questions.

SG Enthusiast
    He uses SMF - here are some others at mamboforge http://mamboforge.net/softwaremap/tr...p?form_cat=347

EDIT - nice page GH/A

Skye
    Last edited by cyberskye; 09-21-05 at 12:20 AM.

He uses SMF - here are some others at mamboforge http://mamboforge.net/softwaremap/tr...p?form_cat=347
    Ahhh...thanks Skye!!

BTW, are you familiar with Gallery2 by chance? I have a slight problem. I cant get any of my photo's to appear. G2 is embedded within the site now, but I can't get the photo's to appear. It's when you roll over the photo and it brings up a wrong url path in your status bar. It's a "v" instead of /gallery2/v/vegas. Just show's /v/vegas.

Ive been messing with the Gallery Component Settings...Has to be either the full path or reletive path is fubared...grrrrr.

I can get the gallery to show up here:

http://www.illini25.net/gallery2/main.php

I installed the component for G2 and I thought I had it set up right...guess not. Would coppermine be less headaches?
    Last edited by Illini25; 09-19-05 at 08:50 PM.

SG Enthusiast
    Ahhh...thanks Skye!!

BTW, are you familiar with Gallery2 by chance? I have a slight problem. I cant get any of my photo's to appear. G2 is embedded within the site now, but I can't get the photo's to appear. It's when you roll over the photo and it brings up a wrong url path in your status bar. It's a "v" instead of /gallery2/v/vegas. Just show's /v/vegas.

Ive been messing with the Gallery Component Settings...Has to be either the full path or reletive path is fubared...grrrrr.

I can get the gallery to show up here:

http://www.illini25.net/gallery2/main.php

I installed the component for G2 and I thought I had it set up right...guess not. Would coppermine be less headaches?

My understanding is that you must install gallery (never done gall2) under the com_gallery directory (which means the component is installed first, with gallery then installed - remember to configure gallery to be embedded so you don't lose your mambo template.

Remember - mambo can only 'see' what is under it's relative tree. That's why it makes sense to me that you can see it from an independent installation of gallery under your root but not from mambo.

EDIT: In case the above was too ramble-confusing:

Instead of placing the gallery files in www.illin25.com/gallery/ place them in www.illin25.com/components/com_gallery/gallery/. Remember that you need to change the gallery configuration to show the absolute path to the gallery root(file system, not relative to */htdocs)...
    Last edited by cyberskye; 09-19-05 at 09:45 PM.

My understanding is that you must install gallery (never done gall2) under the com_gallery directory (which means the component is installed first, with gallery then installed - remember to configure gallery to be embedded so you don't lose your mambo template.

Remember - mambo can only 'see' what is under it's relative tree. That's why it makes sense to me that you can see it from an independent installation of gallery under your root but not from mambo.

EDIT: In case the above was too ramble-confusing:

Instead of placing the gallery files in www.illin25.com/gallery/ place them in www.illin25.com/components/com_gallery/gallery/. Remember that you need to change the gallery configuration to show the absolute path to the gallery root(file system, not relative to */htdocs)...
    Ahhh...I see. Nope, not confusing at all. I installed G2 first before installing "com_gallery2" though. Think it would be alright if I just moved the "gallery2" directory over instead of uninstall / reinstall the sucker?

SG Enthusiast
    Ahhh...I see. Nope, not confusing at all. I installed G2 first before installing "com_gallery2" though. Think it would be alright if I just moved the "gallery2" directory over instead of uninstall / reinstall the sucker?
    Again, haven't installed G2 yet, but in previous versions you can just move your gallery/ folder under com_gallery/ and then rerun the config to point to the correct paths (gallery, albums, etc)

Skye