Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering 9/11 ...

Remembering 9/11 ...

Remembering 9/11 ...

Your thoughts, your feelings, your memorials, your tears, your memories ... all are welcome here.

Links:

MSNBC.com's Special Coverage

Time Magazine's 9/11 Photo Essays

Inside 9/11

My contribution:

http://66.49.200.56/hatebreed/9-11Remembrance.wma

I have been watching all of the 9/11 specials for the past few weeks. It still bothers me to this day that there were so many chances to capture this demon and stop the force behind him, and not a single this was done!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

No, we must NEVER forget.................for those that don't have the links anymore........

Never Forget

America Attacked

TLM

Uninsured for your health
    I still remember that morning...I was in bed when my mom started banging on the door saying a door had hit the pentagon and the towers. Untill I got up, and whent out to see the TV for myself, I thought they would have hit the UN building. To this day I still wonder if Osama ever would target the UN...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

I'm going on a 9/11 memoria ride with the San Francisco Motorcycle Club on sunday. The ride starts at 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

I was in line at Burger King with my friend from work, we were watching the tv's there and saw the second plane hit live, guy next to us said it must have been a gas line, im like WTF that aint no gas line what the hell is going on. Really started to make me feel odd, then later on was listening to Howard Stern and heard the Pentagon got hit and got pretty shaken up. Got a flat tire in my work van and was fixing that and saw 2 F-18's fly overhead, thought WW3 was startin or somethin. Very sad day, impossible to forget.

I was at work and when I first heard it I thought it was a joke ....

then we turned on the TV in the conference room ( used for Video Conference ) and watched live as the second building was hit. I remember walking through the Office and telling people who saw the look on my face and asked what was goign on ....

Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

Woke up that morning and always used to watch the Today show first thing .. my son just got out of bed and the wife was in the shower ... The Today show was on for about a minute before they cut away to what was happening .....I saw the second plane approaching while the person talking was oblivious to this ....I watched it hit and I remember thinking to myself ...I just watched thousands of people die...

I watched the whole thing .. didn't work that day so i was glued to the TV ...I then read a story several weeks later about the youngest victim of 9/11... a 2 year old girl and her grandmother ...

I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to try to assure a 2 year old that everything will be ok while watching yourself rocket toward the tower....

I'll never forget...I couldn't even if i tried.

I don't need the links to remember. That is for sure. I will never forget.
    I was at work. The NYPD made us evacuate. I managed to get home. All I did was watch it on TV.

As a result, I rarely watch TV anymore.

I pick up my news on the internet which was really bogged down at the time. The only source I could get through to was the Financial Times in London. Then I turned on the TV.

--Tom
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

*bump*

I dont need to remember..I am reminded every single day when I go to work walking down 6th avenue and big open space...in a way i wish i can forget.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    My wife called me from work with a frantic voice and told me to get off the PC in my home office and turn on the TV. I walked into the living room with the cordless phone to one ear and a cup of coffee in my right hand. Not 20 seconds later the 2nd airplane hit, I dropped my coffee, it just feel out of my hand and then I just feel into the sofa like someone hit me in the abdomen. I knew at that moment the US was under some sort of attack.

I did not sleep for 3 straight days or nights. I watched the news reporting back to my wife every 10 minutes about the events as they unfolder as she volunteered in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia at a local HS. We lived 15 minutes from Halifax Intl' where most overseas flights were diverted and grounded. We took in a Senior VP from Shell for that week. I set him up with comms to his office and family and he then adopted us into his family.

We still talk to this day.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

My sig has changed very little since that fateful day. I dread the next because many Americans are forgetting.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

I watched the re-enactment of United Airlines flight 73 last night, based on actual cell phone communications, audio reports from the flight recorder, and I do not think I had a dry eye for one moment. The courage shown and the actions taken by those brave passengers aboard...will forever be written in blood in our history. God Bless them...and their remaining familes. Hold your heads up proud forever...and thank you for your deepest sacrifices in order that others might be saved..and go on in the fight on terrorism! God Bless You all!!
    Mystical Folding Minx

Moving on with life is not forgetting, if all we're suppose to do is never forget and dwell in the moment we might as well shoot ourselves too.

I'm not comfortable living in fear, so I just dont, when **** happens it happens. I'm not gonna forget an event like this, as the rest of our country wont, but any time something bad happens i'm not gonna go running around the streets screaming "The terrorists are coming"

No one, no group, no country is safe, never will be, the end, move on.

Man I'll never forget that day. I was working (in the same field) with another company and my boss was sooo cold hearted. He said "This is the perfect day to call ALL your clients and get appraisals ordered cuz they'll be home"

I was like "there's NO way I'm going to call these people and try to sell them a loan, I'd seem unsimpathetic and look like an Ahole".

After that day, I started looking for a new job. He really pissed me off
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Moving on with life is not forgetting, if all we're suppose to do is never forget and dwell in the moment we might as well shoot ourselves too.

I'm not comfortable living in fear, so I just dont, when **** happens it happens. I'm not gonna forget an event like this, as the rest of our country wont, but any time something bad happens i'm not gonna go running around the streets screaming "The terrorists are coming"

No one, no group, no country is safe, never will be, the end, move on.

YoS

I agree with you Sir in some respects in your thinking. Of course we need to move on and learn. I am not comfortable leaving in fear either..nor is anyone else that I know of. I think this thread was started mainly lest we "forget" the respect deserved, which so frequently happens, after a tragedy..not so much "dwelling" on what has happened...because none of us can ever change what has happened...just hopefully be aware of what was ultimately sacrificed for our betterment. imho.
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2
    sacrificed for our betterment

That really only fits for flight 93, the others were losses but I dont see any betterment in them.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    That really only fits for flight 93, the others were losses but I dont see any betterment in them.
    I am not trying by any means to contradict you YoS..I was just stating my own personal opinion here..the betterment being in lessons learned..different security measures and hopefully some growth. They were ALL losses! Lets just hope for improvement on all of those grounds
    Mystical Folding Minx