Thread: Kaspersky vs Nod 32...

Kaspersky vs Nod 32...

Ok...I've been using Kaspersky for the last year. My thoughts? I liked it. No problems, and not a lot of junk installed. ......but then I'm not exactly a high risk for getting a virus or trojan..or other hi-jinx...

Nod 32? Easy to setup and also as easy to use as Kaspersky.

Nod 32......$39.00 for one year and I can't seem to find the cost of a renewal fee..

Kaspersky...$39.95

I suppose some of you are pretty much fans of one or the other. I can say this much so far about either. Neither one seem to have as much to install as Norton or McCaffee..Both so far, seem to be VERY unobtrusive. For me, that's a good thing.

I'll revist this thread sometime in the future..

You can't go wrong with either one, but I prefer KAV and overall it has a better detection rate for all malwares, but NOD32 is getting better all the time.

There is a new version of KAV that will be released soon (hope fully in the next 6 months) and it will be better than anything else. It is in the beta phase now, not released to the general public yet, but it's features, gui, speed and overall resource usage will blow you away. I've been testing it for a bit now and if the final product is anything like the beta you almost won't even need any other scanners i.e. trojan, spyware etc...... it's that good and proactive.

:2cool:

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill

Nod 32......$39.00 for one year and I can't seem to find the cost of a renewal fee..
    Renewal of NOD32 is 60% of the initial cost, if you do a 1 year renewal.

Either one...top notch. NOD32 is a bit lighter, so those who either want to leave real time enabled while they game, or have older, "less horsepower" rigs...might want to lean towards NOD32 a bit more.

Eset also has a new product coming out soon.

There's a few others becoming more popular too, from "across the pond"...VBA32 is one of them.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

dh,

i been using nod32 and paid for it just recently..very happy with performance overall.

I tried KAV as a trial, but overall I liked NOD32 better as far as perform goes.

Cant say which is better at detecting which one..since havent found any viruses.

I can't tell any difference as far as detecting. I would have no way of knowing this little facet unless I actually did a test with both and a folder full of viruses. My guess anyway. Both of them would probably do pretty good.

As far as a hit on performance? I didn't bother looking to see what Kav was doing so I can't make a judgement that way either.

Both are easy to setup. I think most people wouldn't have a problem using either product.

DH,

I use NOD32 on 100+ machines it's been great. License renewal flawless as well.

Stonecat got me started on NOD32.

I have it on 5 machines on my home network. I use the Administration version and can check all the latest malware that my son, the 'Trojan Magnet' has brought home.

Renewals for a family pack of 5 are $17 each and include software/definitions upgrades for a year. I'm glad ESET is realizing that some families need multiple licenses and cut us a break.

I haven't had a problem since I installed it.

I never see it dragging down the system.

It sends warnings via e-mail to me when there's a virus discovered on any of my machines.

I absolutely, positively LOVE NOD32!
    reader

A strange thing. I was having problems loosing sync with my cable modem. Mostly on the Speedguide site. I figured it had to do with the cable company as some of my modem stats just weren't that good. They came out and changed a few things, and cleaned up the signal a bit. Ok, the sync problems didn't quite go away but they slowed down. Fustrating to say the least.

The strange thing is, when I went to reply to a thread, if I didn't wait for the whole page to load, including the smilies.......is when it would loose sync.

Ok after uninstalling Kaspersky and installing Nod32, that problem seems to almost disappered.

I still think that quite possibly the nod on the head end is full and I'm quite a ways out. That said, I've only had to resync twice since the change.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Ok after uninstalling Kaspersky and installing Nod32, that problem seems to almost disappered.
    I "think" there is another thread around here with regards to Kaspersky and connection problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabledude
    I "think" there is another thread around here with regards to Kaspersky and connection problems.

Yeah, if you enable Kaspersky's IDS (Intrusion Detection System) and have certain firewalls installed (I know Sygate) then you will lose your internet connection. I don't know of an issue like Downhill is describing but the one I think you are refering to will lose your connection entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52
    Yeah, if you enable Kaspersky's IDS (Intrusion Detection System) and have certain firewalls installed (I know Sygate) then you will lose your internet connection. I don't know of an issue like Downhill is describing but the one I think you are refering to will lose your connection entirely.

I think that was what was happening to me. Strange as it was......

The problem seem to have disappeared.

Poor, poor techs......After all them phone calls.........