Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Shortage rumor

SG Enthusiast

Gas Shortage rumor

Was stopped by my mail carrier today and asked if I had heard anything about the stations in this area running out of gas. I hadn't hear anything about it. She said her husband was in Georgia and had stopped for gas. He supposedly got stuck in a long line and that particular station was charging over $3.00 a gallon. Sure enough, when I drove past the station on the corner, there were several long lines and prices had jumped up .20 cents. I went in and asked the clerk if the rumor was true and he said no, but it probably would be a self fulfilling prophecy due to all the idiots panicing.

This is what the local fish wrapper had to say:

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satelli...=1031784799736
    Looking for work............

Out of the 5 gas stations that I pass on my way home from work, only 2 had gas left and the lines were all the way down the streets..

Our local news has announced that if we don't have more gas in Orlando by Friday, the school board is shutting down the bus system, forcing parents to bring kids to school on their own.

I've got less than half a tank in my Dodge Durango so I'll probably be looking for gas on Friday as well.

Supposedly, its kinda like what you mentioned.. The panic of the price increase has led to many stations running out of gas sooner than usual.. Hopefully things will be back on track by this weekend.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

SG Enthusiast
    I just always find it amazing, how much chaos and confusion could be avoided if people would keep level heads and think.
    Looking for work............

Hell, I filled my 18 gallon tank this morning at $2.99, and I'm in California

It's all such a load of BS and like stupid humans we blindly follow. Gasoline manufacturers are making a larger profit margin than ever before in the history of the industry. Why? Because they can.

I also heard a rumor from a truck driver this evening that fuel is supposed to double by tomorrow...$2.899 going to just under $6 a gallon...sheesh, something has to give...and its probably going to be me
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    It's all such a load of BS and like stupid humans we blindly follow. Gasoline manufacturers are making a larger profit margin than ever before in the history of the industry. Why? Because they can.
    the stupid humans cant do anytihing about it man, specially the ones (like me) that make a living driving...i depend on fuel ... if there was something that i could do that worked, i would...
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid
    the stupid humans cant do anytihing about it man, specially the ones (like me) that make a living driving...i depend on fuel ... if there was something that i could do that worked, i would...
    I know, it's sickening.

$3.15 a gallon for low-grade unleaded down the street from my house

glad the bike gets 40-50 mpg, can't afford to drive the mustang anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I know, it's sickening.

it is... ive never felt this frustrated before...
    Click image to enlarge

The more I drink, the less I care.

The media is doing nothing to help the situation any. What happened to peoples brains? I saw this very samething on September 11th, 2001. People panicked, price gouging took off, lines at the stations, supplies drained and for what? 3 days later, it was back to normal price and things were running smoothly.

the bad thing is about it all is that its somewhat true.. when you have I think 8 refineries down... that produces one third of the nations gas and you combine that with the busy driving labor day weekend.. yeah you are going to see shortages.. 3 stations here have said they can't afford to get more gas to sell cause the whole sale price has gone up so much and this comes out front.. your talkin depending on your tank sizes upwards of 35,000$ and then if it keeps going up you have to increase the price to stay with everyone else and make anything off it so if you look at it that way they will lose there asses if they keep buying gas to sell.. yeah it will sell but they won't make money they will lose money.

The rumor will soon become reality.

and yeah ...i wanna go bust somebody in the head over this garbage

there are alot of factors that contribute to the gas price...taxes being one of them. when taxes are a percentage...do the math.

But prices are actually still low....when compared to other things. I went to WaWa this morning to get a cup of coffee and a bottle of water....cost me $3. A gallon of milk is almost $4. those things seem transparent to most while I find it outrageous....but I guess convenience does cost us.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

No gas shortage up in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    No gas shortage up in CT.
    only a few stations not gettin gas fast enough.. had 2 gas stations run out of regular for about a hour yesterday both right around my house in Manchester.. super was same price as the only station nearby that still had regular, probally cause he knew they were out and was looking to exploit it.

cheapest I've found in manchester was 2.89 last night at 11:30pm.. price at that station was 2.99 at 7am...

had a station down the street from my work go from 2.69 to 3.04 in one day..
    Beer, Pretzels, and a Monkey with a shotgun. Dare I ask for more?

SYSTEM A / system b
    INTEL P4 3.06Ghz / intel p4 2.53Ghz
    INTEL D865PERL / intel d845pebt2
    1GB DDR3200 OCZ RAM / 512MB 2700 ram
    ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128/ pny ti4400
    SEAGATE SATA 7200 80Gb / maxtor 7200 100Gb
    SB AUDIGY GAMER/ onboard sound
    XP Pro on both

Quote Originally Posted by SpareX
    only a few stations not gettin gas fast enough.. had 2 gas stations run out of regular for about a hour yesterday both right around my house in Manchester.. super was same price as the only station nearby that still had regular, probally cause he knew they were out and was looking to exploit it.

cheapest I've found in manchester was 2.89 last night at 11:30pm.. price at that station was 2.99 at 7am...

had a station down the street from my work go from 2.69 to 3.04 in one day..

I filled up at silver lane/spencer street for 2.65 about noonish

prices here where i live are $3.50

went up 50 cens overnight..it crazy

They said by next week it will be $4

if we dont do something by this year next it will be $10 a gallon

I've already gotta put in a transfer request into my job.. I cannot drive all this way anymore.. I have a 30-45min commute everyday and its KILLING me.. 50-60% of my paycheck goes to gas it seems..
    Beer, Pretzels, and a Monkey with a shotgun. Dare I ask for more?

SYSTEM A / system b
    INTEL P4 3.06Ghz / intel p4 2.53Ghz
    INTEL D865PERL / intel d845pebt2
    1GB DDR3200 OCZ RAM / 512MB 2700 ram
    ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128/ pny ti4400
    SEAGATE SATA 7200 80Gb / maxtor 7200 100Gb
    SB AUDIGY GAMER/ onboard sound
    XP Pro on both