Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Just a thought about taxes

  1. #1
    Thread killer DaddyLongLeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,304

    Just a thought about taxes

    Isn't this amazing? Look at all these different taxes

    TAXES
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    Capital Gains Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Court Fines (indirect taxes)
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
    Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Local Income Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Septic Permit Tax
    Service Charge Taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
    Sales Taxes
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Road Toll Booth Taxes
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and
    local surcharge taxes
    Telephone mi nimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Toll Bridge Taxes
    Toll Tunnel Taxes
    Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
    Trailer Registration Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

    COMMENTS:
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

    What the hell happened ????
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

  2. #2
    Elite Member ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,599
    Don't get me started! Taxes!

  3. #3
    Elite Member mountainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,451
    Greed happened.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Blisster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    9,668
    I thought it said 'a thought about Texas'...but yeah, taxes suck too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

  5. #5
    Thread killer DaddyLongLeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    I thought it said 'a thought about Texas'...but yeah, taxes suck too.
    I guess they suck as much as Texas..lol
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

  6. #6
    MadDoctor Club Spammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MadDoctors Wool.
    Posts
    1,721
    Taxes
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

    Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

  7. #7
    Straight Pimpin Mytflyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    2,993
    Anythoughts on the NEw No-Income Tax proposal ??? they would put a 23% tax on all sales ... and lose Property,income, some other taxes ....




    What do you all think ?

    http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/taxes/a/aafairtax.htm
    Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.

  8. #8
    MadDoctor Club Spammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MadDoctors Wool.
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytflyguy
    Anythoughts on the NEw No-Income Tax proposal ??? they would put a 23% tax on all sales ... and lose Property,income, some other taxes ....




    What do you all think ?

    I'm not smart enuff to figure out which would be more of a benefit, but who knows it sounds good.
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

    Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

  9. #9
    Thread killer DaddyLongLeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytflyguy
    Anythoughts on the NEw No-Income Tax proposal ??? they would put a 23% tax on all sales ... and lose Property,income, some other taxes ....




    What do you all think ?

    http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/taxes/a/aafairtax.htm

    I would be down for that. I just wont by anything else. If I really need something, I'll go to Mexico
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

  10. #10
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    My company pays taxes on it's taxes. Yes....the GPS equipment costs 70 bucks "property" tax, and that 70 bucks gets taxed at 5 bucks. LOL
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  11. #11
    Thread killer DaddyLongLeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    My company pays taxes on it's taxes. Yes....the GPS equipment costs 70 bucks "property" tax, and that 70 bucks gets taxed at 5 bucks. LOL
    sounds like a catch 22
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

  12. #12
    TypicalWhitePerson JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Single Wide
    Posts
    4,560
    A fix for our tax problems is simple! THE FAIR TAX!!!!!!

    READ IT!!!!

    fairtax.org

  13. #13
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    A fix for our tax problems is simple! THE FAIR TAX!!!!!!

    READ IT!!!!

    fairtax.org
    I don't know how all the CPA's and Accountants in the US would feel about that though. Would we still have to file yearly taxes? All these powerful accounting Firms would probably go ballistic. More then likely a reason why it was never passed before.

    Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  14. #14
    Thread killer DaddyLongLeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,304
    like I said earlier, learn mexican, then go to taiwan to buy everything I need


















    fixed
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg

  15. #15
    TypicalWhitePerson JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Single Wide
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    I don't know how all the CPA's and Accountants in the US would feel about that though. Would we still have to file yearly taxes? All these powerful accounting Firms would probably go ballistic. More then likely a reason why it was never passed before.

    Pie
    The answer is NO!!!
    Except for any state taxes if you happen to live in a state that has them.

    Pie GET THIS BOOK!!!! (The Fair Tax Book) A must read!!!!
    #1 New York Times best seller 2 weeks in a row!!!!

  16. #16
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    The answer is NO!!!
    Except for any state taxes if you happen to live in a state that has them.

    Pie GET THIS BOOK!!!! (The Fair Tax Book) A must read!!!!
    #1 New York Times best seller 2 weeks in a row!!!!
    I would be all for such a thing JC but in all honesty. I would believe all these Accounting firms and CPA's, and Accountants all losing their jobs, nice cars, and homes would probably all stage a revolt against Washington DC. and any representative who would back such a tax law. The Lobbying pressure would be tremendous against it. KPMG Peat Marwick, Deloitte & Touche, Price Waterhouse, Ernst & Young are all powerful companies with a lot of juice. I would imagine even to some degree that H&R Block would stand to lose a lot of income from such a change in Tax law. I don't know if something like this would ever come to pass.

    Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  17. #17
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    I'm all for not paying taxes.....

    I can remember dirt roads...lots of outhouses......no ambulance service...little or no fire response...open sewers...you hauled your own trash....range and forest fires didn't consume thousands of acres..it was closer measured in square miles....no freeways to get from one part of the country to another without subjecting yourself to dangerous 2 lane hiways loaded with traffic.....little public air traffic...you either drove or took a train or bus..you got sick and couldn't pay for health care, you just died....mortality rates in the 50 percent range from birth to 18 years old....but hey....I got to keep my money!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyLongLeg
    Isn't this amazing? Look at all these different taxes

    TAXES
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    Capital Gains Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Court Fines (indirect taxes)
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
    Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Local Income Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Septic Permit Tax
    Service Charge Taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
    Sales Taxes
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Road Toll Booth Taxes
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and
    local surcharge taxes
    Telephone mi nimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Toll Bridge Taxes
    Toll Tunnel Taxes
    Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
    Trailer Registration Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

    COMMENTS:
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

    What the hell happened ????

    Democrats!

  19. #19
    The Quiet One WhoNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    Democrats!
    No offense, but you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years, have you?

    To the point...most of these various taxes were put in place as ad hoc "user fees". You want to hunt, you must pay your fair share of game management. I'll admit that over time, far too many of these monies have found their way into the general funds of the taxing authorities.

    In my state there have been a number of "For the People" initiatives that have slashed car tabs, property taxes, etc. When the smallish towns suffer financially and the libraries are only open three days a week, the electorate gives off a collective, "What happened?".

    You gotta pay to play. There is waste in government, but it's not any worse than most large corporations. If you really thought about how much of your grocery bill went to overpaid CEO's that routinely launch "Total Quality Management" initiatives that add nothing to the quality of product you consume...

    Don't get me started.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

  20. #20
    Most are those are state taxes..and controlled by your state officials...no idea whow in charge of your state.


    All i know in NY..it always the democrats who want to raise taxes...even our So called "republican" mayor Bloomberg of nyc

Similar Threads

  1. Corporate taxes need look-see
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-04, 04:06 PM
  2. It's Taxing to be Canadian, a Good Read for my American friends
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-02, 01:58 PM
  3. Ontario taxes question...
    By Immortal in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-07-02, 01:10 AM
  4. Just a thought
    By MadDoctor in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-01, 07:31 PM
  5. Just thought I'd share...
    By Gaming-Module in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-01, 04:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •