Thread: Wanting to know if anybody has figured that one out

Wanting to know if anybody has figured that one out

Wanting to know if anybody has figured that one out. I'm having the same problem>>>

Thanks
    1. Why can I not get back into the wireless router after disabling DHCP
    2. The router does not take the fixed IP set in LAN (198.162.1.105) it seems the linksys is assigning the IP.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    If you left your router to the default 192.168.1.1, and you disabled DHCP, simply (temporarily) assign your workstation something like 192.168.1.11/255.255.255.0 You don't need anything else like gateway or DNS or WINS, only need the IP/subnet, to connect to the routers web admin.

If you wish to surf the internet, then yes you'll need a gateway and DNS.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    If you left your router to the default 192.168.1.1, and you disabled DHCP, simply (temporarily) assign your workstation something like 192.168.1.11/255.255.255.0 You don't need anything else like gateway or DNS or WINS, only need the IP/subnet, to connect to the routers web admin.

If you wish to surf the internet, then yes you'll need a gateway and DNS.

I'm not sure you understand what my problem is.What happened is.....

I disabled DHCP in my Robotics router and now I can't get back into the main control panel there to make changes.

How can I fix that?
    thank you

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    OK I am lost now. On your first post you mention a Linksys router. On your above post you mention a Robotics (assuming 3COM/USR).

Are there 2x devices on your network, one of each?

If you disabled DHCP on your router or WAP...all you have to do is remember what it's LAN IP address is...assign your workstation an IP within that range (as I illustrated above)..and log into it.

If you cannot remember what the LAN IP address of the router or WAP was before you disabled DHCP...either refer to your owners manual if you never changed it from default, or if you did change it from default but can't remember...there is usually a "reset" switch somewhere on most routers or WAPs, that returns it to factory defaults (meaning DHCP would most likely be back on).
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    OK I am lost now. On your first post you mention a Linksys router. On your above post you mention a Robotics (assuming 3COM/USR).

Are there 2x devices on your network, one of each?

If you disabled DHCP on your router or WAP...all you have to do is remember what it's LAN IP address is...assign your workstation an IP within that range (as I illustrated above)..and log into it.

If you cannot remember what the LAN IP address of the router or WAP was before you disabled DHCP...either refer to your owners manual if you never changed it from default, or if you did change it from default but can't remember...there is usually a "reset" switch somewhere on most routers or WAPs, that returns it to factory defaults (meaning DHCP would most likely be back on).

--------------------------------------------------------

Are there 2x devices on your network, one of each? Yes

I'm using a Linksys router and I want to hook up my old Robotics wireless downstairs.

It is working at the moment, but I can't get into the Robotics main menu since I changed the DHCP on the Robotics. That is my only problem. I have pluged the wireless Robotics router using the rj45 in the wan channel and it works good.

I have four computers two upstairs on the hard wire, and two downstairs on the wireless.

I will try what you said here. Thanks

(If you cannot remember what the LAN IP address of the router or WAP was before you disabled DHCP...either refer to your owners manual if you never changed it from default, or if you did change it from default but can't remember...there is usually a "reset" switch somewhere on most routers or WAPs, that returns it to factory defaults (meaning DHCP would most likely be back on).