Thread: Time Warner and AOL merge.

Monggo

Question Time Warner and AOL merge.

Here's a site where I found the news at www.shugashack.com

In it I found this quote:

"The US wants everybody to have access to TW's cable network, while TW just
    wants all their cable modem users to have to use AOL."

Does this mean that if the merger goes through people with TW's RR service *must* use AOL? AGH!

Prey521

Oh Helllsssss no!!!!!!! There aint no way that I would ever use that AOL crap, neva that. I'd rather switch to DSL before I sign up with AOL, yuck

christophe

Question

is Time Warner will offert a differnt package for AOL or they'll offer an unique like the one of AOL now ? (browser AOL blabla..)

No, I don't think it can work that way. They'd run into Monopoly laws. More likely what'll hapen is they'll start offering AOL Cable through affiliated systems. However If they do that, then they are definately headed towards open access.

Which, IMHO, is actually a good thing. It means more ISPs at the headend, and more infrastructure and more choice for the consumer.

Infrastructure is gooood. It means more redundency and better quality links and lower pings and fresher vegetables and and and...

Well, it's just a good thing.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

------------------
    "Yeah Baby, YEAH!!!"

Cable Guy

What a bunch of pissports,AOHELL sux,its slow and clunky,im never givin up IE!

------------------
    Its the cable guy!

Cpt-Sullen

Arrow

Yeah ya'll are right AOL suks big time I had to format my hard drive to remove all the crap they put in your comp!!!!!!!!

christophe

ok thanks !
    fresher vegetable ? , tomatoes and cucombers by cable... interresting

John

What a bunch of pissports,AOHELL sux,its slow and clunky,im never givin up IE!
    AOL uses IE.

I had to format my hard drive to remove all the crap they put in
    As did I!

ct106

i can see Time Warner dumping their RR service and switching it to AOL. isnt this one reason why AOL and TW merged? AOL gets access to the whole cable network. Why have the 2 services competing for the same customers? its all one company now. anyway thank god i dont have RR. AOL is not where i want my connection to be.