Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need all your help with BF2 crash data analysis

Need all your help with BF2 crash data analysis

Little experiment I'm trying to setup. For all those with BF2 (retail), I need you to check your dmp folders.

You can find them here:

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp

Even if you think you may not have had a problem with the game, please check. If you find any files in that folder, please upload them to your account of choice (just need one or two). If you need to you can upload them to your SG premium account by first changing the extension to .gif or .jpg. Then, link to them here in this thread so I can then download and analyze them. EA 2nd level tech support called me today after I griped to them, and they tell me that these files are useless....so why the hell have them there????? I've seen lots of folks with DirectX errors in the various forums and would like to get to the bottom of this. Any errors I've had are all directx related. They tell me that they are trying to work all the issues like crashes and lag and I assumed that they would be collecting this info to help them figure out what the problem is....I actually thought it was a good idea. But now I'm wondering what the hell they are up to if they aren't collecting this info.

The whole ranked server thing is still pissing me off. They won't allow us to be a trusted partner yet the ranked servers....like most of the 64 player ones are in the 200ms ping times....alot are even in the 300ms and even the 400ms ping times.

With 25,000+ people playing yesterday and more to follow this weekend, there is a real shortage of ranked servers. I'm wondering if somehow, the ranked servers are setup to collect this dump data and sent back to EA for analysis. I have a little theory that we are really beta testing this game. None of the other BF games have their own DirectX files.....but BF2 does, they are the same ones found in the DirectX folder on the installation disc. If DirectX 9.0c was released last year, then what is rendx9.dll doing on the install disc with a date of April 2005? And why does Creative, maker of the Audigy class soundbalster cards have a beta BF2 audio driver available on their site dated April, 2005? What I really find funny is that the Nvidia 7800GTX was launched with a new driver update from Nvidia, while current Nvidia users are toying around trying to get the game to run using beta drivers from the BF2 install disc. One last thing....Creative's new XFi sound card is due out in 5 days.....and it's already supported in the audio options of BF2. Check it out, you'll see it right there in the drop down menu options for sound hardware acceleration. Kinda makes ya wonder if partnership upgrade isn't tied into the game eh? So instead of buying a game at $50, you're gonna have to buy an entire crapload of upgrade parts as it appears that these current drivers were created to fail, forcing an upgrade. For those that say they have no issues.....what settings are you playing at? I've asked that alot and I get the answer of "low". WTF?

anywho...checkout your folders and post back.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Here's 3 zipped for ya. DMP
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Mine's empty
    You can run, but you'll just die tired.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uck/BANNER.jpg

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycanuck
    Mine's empty
    Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycanuck
    Mine's empty

DISSIDENTS FOLDING FOR SPEEDGUIDE INCLUDE:
    Crabtoes(4 comps), Illini25(2 comps), 2 Unknown Processors

Days turn to minutes
    And minutes to memories
    Life sweeps away the dreams
    That we have planned
    You are young and you are the future
    So suck it up and tough it out
    And be the best you can

None here...but, we are having a problem with the XDC server from Multiplay, but it's due to our server being linux based. According to the forums it's a nasty bug in the Linux server files that crashes the server when a round finishes or a map changes. BUT.... Actually theres Nothing wrong with DICE's version the Linux version they have which is the same as the one out now works perfectly, but when a guy at DICE downloaded the one off the EA site, they realised the problem.

Seems somewhere from it going from DICE to EA then there FTP the transfer got a little corrupted.

So if anyone has that problem this weekend, that's the reason.

I've noticed like UOD has mention, that most "ranked" servers are unreal when it comes to pings and lag. I've only played on one ranked server and it was a linux one..so of course, I got dumped after the map was finished, LOL. I played on a UK server most of the day with other clan mates and other UK clans and my ping was of course just over 100ms and not a hint of lag. In the '42 days, I would lag pretty good from time to time, but this game has a great net code. Which I would think and hope for maybe some scrims against UK clans. A US clan vs a UK clan ....think that would be pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabtoes

Unable to load image E:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe, Win32 error 2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BF2.exe

Quote Originally Posted by sito
    Here's 3 zipped for ya. DMP
    Unable to load image C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe, Win32 error 2

Unable to load image C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe, Win32 error 2

All 3 were back to back crashes right? 9:29, 9:32, and 9:34

Yes (AM), I was tryin some stuff. Didn't work.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uck/BANNER.jpg

you have PM UOD
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

I am constantly being dumped from BF2. I am using a DSL connection and Win XP Pro x64 since yesterday before I was using x32 XP PRO and had the same stupid problem. I have a AMD64 FX55 on a A8N SLi Deluxe Mobo using 2 GeForce 6800GTOC's. 4GB of TwinX2048-3200Pro. It is defenitely not a hardware problem or a connection problem. I can run the x64 FarCry on the highest settings without any problems. Joint Operations: TR and Escalation no problems s/p their "market testing". Seems to me that market testing is the new way to work out the bugs. EA isnt the only industry guilty of it.
    By the way my .dmp file folder is empty also.
    I am really tired of searching the internet trying to find a solution for this problem.
    I am also having problems trying to run HL2 because of the 4GB RAM issue and I refuse to remove RAM in order to play a game as advised on several forums.
    I have noticed a couple of similarities with all of these problems. Alot of the systems have AMD processors and Nvidia GPU's mainly the 6800GT's. Anyone else noticing this trend?

Quote Originally Posted by USAFMEDIC
    I am constantly being dumped from BF2. I am using a DSL connection and Win XP Pro x64 since yesterday before I was using x32 XP PRO and had the same stupid problem. I have a AMD64 FX55 on a A8N SLi Deluxe Mobo using 2 GeForce 6800GTOC's. 4GB of TwinX2048-3200Pro. It is defenitely not a hardware problem or a connection problem. I can run the x64 FarCry on the highest settings without any problems. Joint Operations: TR and Escalation no problems s/p their "market testing". Seems to me that market testing is the new way to work out the bugs. EA isnt the only industry guilty of it.
    I am really tired of searching the internet trying to find a solution for this problem.
    I am also having problems trying to run HL2 because of the 4GB RAM issue and I refuse to remove RAM in order to play a game as advised on several forums.
    I have noticed a couple of similarities with all of these problems. Alot of the systems have AMD processors and Nvidia GPU's mainly the 6800GT's. Anyone else noticing this trend?

all i can say is that i don't have any of that hardware and i have no issues

Quote Originally Posted by USAFMEDIC

I'm using a DFI mobo with dual 6800 GT's and crucial ram and I have a few crashing issues.. I'm currently using single graphics card since I think one went bad and waiting on RMA for it. I may put both of them up for sale on the forum this week so I can get dual 7800's instead so yall be on the watch.

I havent had any problems other than slight choppiness when starting an online game, as well seems to take along time to start the online game, but once it gets going its fine. I'll be sure to let you know if anything happens.

11 files in my dmp folder.

here is a link to a RAR compressed copy
    www.gog-dnl.com/travis/dmp.rar

Here's one more, zipped (17KB).

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (latest BIOS)
    AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Venice core)
    1GB RAM (Dual Channel Twinmos)
    Mobo's nForce Gigabit NIC
    MSI Radeon X800XL w/ Catalyst 5.6
    Windows XP SP2
    No overclocking what-so-ever
    SB Audigy 2 w/ latest drivers from soundblaster.com (not the beta driver released in April, though)

BF2 crashes randomly to desktop, usually after 5-15 minutes of online play. Singleplayer with bots works a lot better, I can sometimes play for an hour without any problems. Singleplayer also doesn't crash to desktop, but the game freezes and graphics get futzed up (most of the screen turns black). Tapping ESC turns the entire screen black for a minute or so, and then the game re-appears and I can usually continue like nothing had happened. Have also had a singleplayer crash where screen turns totally black but I can hear the game sounds like nothing's wrong.

BF2 works perfectly (well, zero crashes so far) on another PC of mine:
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum (MS-7030)
    AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester core)
    1GB Twinmos dual channel
    WinXP SP2
    Intel Pro/1000 MT NIC
    Club3D Radeon X800 w/ Catalyst 5.6
    SB Audigy (ancient drivers)

cheers,
    :: colin

Quote Originally Posted by tpwalker1980
    11 files in my dmp folder.

here is a link to a RAR compressed copy
    www.gog-dnl.com/travis/dmp.rar
    According to your dump files, I suggest using software rendering of sound and turn OFF or disable EAX.

Quote Originally Posted by colinhunt
    Here's one more, zipped (17KB).

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (latest BIOS)
    AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Venice core)
    1GB RAM (Dual Channel Twinmos)
    Mobo's nForce Gigabit NIC
    MSI Radeon X800XL w/ Catalyst 5.6
    Windows XP SP2
    No overclocking what-so-ever
    SB Audigy 2 w/ latest drivers from soundblaster.com (not the beta driver released in April, though)

BF2 crashes randomly to desktop, usually after 5-15 minutes of online play. Singleplayer with bots works a lot better, I can sometimes play for an hour without any problems. Singleplayer also doesn't crash to desktop, but the game freezes and graphics get futzed up (most of the screen turns black). Tapping ESC turns the entire screen black for a minute or so, and then the game re-appears and I can usually continue like nothing had happened. Have also had a singleplayer crash where screen turns totally black but I can hear the game sounds like nothing's wrong.

BF2 works perfectly (well, zero crashes so far) on another PC of mine:
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum (MS-7030)
    AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester core)
    1GB Twinmos dual channel
    WinXP SP2
    Intel Pro/1000 MT NIC
    Club3D Radeon X800 w/ Catalyst 5.6
    SB Audigy (ancient drivers)

cheers,
    :: colin
    not a valid archive...recheck and reupload.