Thread: Just lost a good chunk of my farm...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Unhappy Just lost a good chunk of my farm...

A theater client of mine, had 6x 3.0Ghz rigs added a few months ago to their box office, running lightweight Unix terminal ticketing software. About a month ago, they starting cutting over to Blackbauds new Patrons Edge product. I had 1x instance of folding on each PC (P4 HT), but it kills the report generating of Patrons Edge...what should normally take a minute takes about 20 minutes if Folding is running.

Had to disable those services this morning. Ah well, so much for catching hitting the mil mark this month and passing Pieman this fall.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    A theater client of mine, had 6x 3.0Ghz rigs added a few months ago to their box office, running lightweight Unix terminal ticketing software. About a month ago, they starting cutting over to Blackbauds new Patrons Edge product. I had 1x instance of folding on each PC (P4 HT), but it kills the report generating of Patrons Edge...what should normally take a minute takes about 20 minutes if Folding is running.

Had to disable those services this morning. Ah well, so much for catching hitting the mil mark this month and passing Pieman this fall.
    That sucks. No way you could have figured out why it was slowing down the report function? Not that I was gonna let you catch me but the Team could have used the points you were pumping out that for sure.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    That sucks. No way you could have figured out why it was slowing down the report function? Not that I was gonna let you catch me but the Team could have used the points you were pumping out that for sure.

Pie
    I really didn't have time today...had the day booked at a new client of mine, an eye care center (where I'm at now). I swung by this morning to check it out, sure enough, with Folding enabled, that report slowed to a crawl. Shut down folding, and it crunched the report out in a jiffy. SQL based also, from a server! No folding on the server, only 1x instance on the hyperthreaded clients.

Those 6 were high producers too.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Question? Could cutting back the percentage of CPU use make any difference? Might be worth checking out?...ok ok...two questions..
    Mystical Folding Minx

I here you.

Just checking stats( active proccesors 7 days(VS)same 50 days.

What a drop. But its cyclical, Totals are totals by deffinition.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...sername=brembo

Fold on(My HD is quieter now)spinning with high teck whine this morning(I like wine, not whine)

Brembo?...Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2
    Question? Could cutting back the percentage of CPU use make any difference? Might be worth checking out?...ok ok...two questions..
    Yeah that was in my mind, like doing a custom install at 50% or something...but if it messes up again, that's just plain bad. They knew the folding was there, I have it on the directors computer, and when they were running the terminal/Unix based ticketing software it was great. Just something with this blackbaud project it doesn't mix well with. Gotta follow the rule of thumb here, clients computers, have to build the system to optimally run their software.

***sigh....***
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Oh man, 6 of 'em, and good HT folders like you mentioned.

You'll get 'em back.