Thread: Stonecats weather forecast countering

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Angry Stonecats weather forecast countering

Man, year after year, almost always never fails me.

Watch the weather forecast for a few days prior to the weekend I plan on fertilizing my lawn. Doing the old Scotts weed 'n feed routine. Most of this week, predicted rain this weekend. Come Friday, yup..rain starting by noon on Saturday. So lawn mowed on Thursday night, I fertilize the lawn Sat morning...and the sun comes out Sat afternoon into the evening.

Forecast for Sunday...rain, thundershowers...so "Phew" I say to myself...good, some heavy rain on Sunday, that's good enough.

Here I am painting the kids boat outside on a overcast, but looks like it will clear up, day.

For anyone not following the relationship between fertilizing the lawn, and rain, I'm picky about only fertilizing before a heavy rain, to get those pellets broken down and into the soil. Else you risk some grass burning, and I hate getting that stuff all over the shoe bottoms, and tracking into the house. So there's a "No walking on the grass, no pets on the grass either" rule in effect until it rains.

///goes back to painting
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

we just spray paint our lawns green out here

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    we just spray paint our lawns green out here
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Man, year after year, almost always never fails me.

Watch the weather forecast for a few days prior to the weekend I plan on fertilizing my lawn. Doing the old Scotts weed 'n feed routine. Most of this week, predicted rain this weekend. Come Friday, yup..rain starting by noon on Saturday. So lawn mowed on Thursday night, I fertilize the lawn Sat morning...and the sun comes out Sat afternoon into the evening.

Forecast for Sunday...rain, thundershowers...so "Phew" I say to myself...good, some heavy rain on Sunday, that's good enough.

Here I am painting the kids boat outside on a overcast, but looks like it will clear up, day.

For anyone not following the relationship between fertilizing the lawn, and rain, I'm picky about only fertilizing before a heavy rain, to get those pellets broken down and into the soil. Else you risk some grass burning, and I hate getting that stuff all over the shoe bottoms, and tracking into the house. So there's a "No walking on the grass, no pets on the grass either" rule in effect until it rains.

///goes back to painting
    Same here but unfortunatly I do not have the option to wait for a heavy rain. I just run the sprinklers heavy for 45 minutes after I seed the lawn and in the morning I run for another 45 minutes.

Last year I tipped my spreader over on accident and that spot burnt all to hell....lol Only took about 6 months to come back to normal

Going to moms today to finnish installing/repairing her sprinklers that the contractors broke and going to weed-n-feed her lawn as well.

After doing the weed-n-feed my lawn kicks into high gear and looks so freaking beautiful. Can almost sit back and watch it grow, lawn flourishes after appling the wee-n-feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Blog Entries
    Hi YeOldeStonecat

Murphy's Law at play

As far as i'm concerned All Weather Forecasters should be Women, with Huge Breasts & Stunning to Look At, as there is absolutely Nothing they Say that you can rely on.

Have a Good one

--

regards

minir

Quote Originally Posted by minir
    As far as i'm concerned All Weather Forecasters should be Women, with Huge Breasts & Stunning to Look At,
    LOL

Stone.. if you read the instructions right on that weed and feed.. you did good for cutting lawn then wait on a rain then put the stuff down.. see the Weed chemical kills after being stuck on the leaves of the plant for some time. The longer its on there up to 3days I think the better effect it has. After 3 days I think its safe for a rain to wash the FEED part into the ground for the grass. I've used the stuff for years and found that if it rains less than 2 days before it's had time to take effect it doesn't do as well and you just waste 30$ on the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    Stone.. if you read the instructions right on that weed and feed.. you did good for cutting lawn then wait on a rain then put the stuff down.. see the Weed chemical kills after being stuck on the leaves of the plant for some time. The longer its on there up to 3days I think the better effect it has. After 3 days I think its safe for a rain to wash the FEED part into the ground for the grass. I've used the stuff for years and found that if it rains less than 2 days before it's had time to take effect it doesn't do as well and you just waste 30$ on the bag.
    its my fault, i was supposed to be out in tents all weekend (it would have been pouring rain in that case...as usual) but since the training schedual changed and we just ended up preparing for mobilization instead, it never rained...

sorry yosc blame the army.
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"