Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what kind of sicko would want to go cat hunting??

what kind of sicko would want to go cat hunting??

MADISON, Wis. - Feline lovers holding pictures of cats, clutching stuffed animals and wearing whiskers faced-off against hundreds of hunters at meetings around Wisconsin to voice their opinion on whether to legalize cat hunting.

Residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming cats including any domestic cat that isn't under the owner's direct control or any cat without a collar should be listed as an unprotected species. If listed as so, the cats could be hunted.

The proposal was one of several dozen included in a spring vote on hunting and fishing issues held by the Wisconsin Conservation Congress. The results, only advisory, get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board.

Statewide results were expected Tuesday.

La Crosse firefighter Mark Smith, 48, helped spearhead the cat-hunting proposal. He wants Wisconsin to declare free-roaming wild cats an unprotected species, just like skunks or gophers. Anyone with a small-game license could shoot the cats at will.

At least two other upper Midwestern states, South Dakota and Minnesota, allow wild cats to be shot and have for decades. Minnesota defines a wild, or feral, cat as one with no collar that does not show friendly behavior, said Kevin Kyle with that state's Department of Natural Resources.

Every year in Wisconsin alone, an estimated 2 million wild cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds, according to state officials. Despite the astounding numbers, Smith's plan has been met with fierce opposition from cat lovers.

Critics of Smith's idea organized Wisconsin Cat-Action Team and developed a Web site dontshootthecat.com. Some argue it is better to trap wild cats, spay or neuter them, before releasing them.

In Madison, about 1,200 people attended the Monday evening meeting at the Alliant Center more than the 250 or so in a typical year, but less than the 3,000 or so who took part in a debate in 2000 over whether to allow hunters to shoot mourning doves.

One of the attendees was Katy Francis, who wore cat ears, whiskers, a cat nose and a sign that read, "Too Cute to Kill." For Francis, "The cat hunting thing brought me out because it was very extreme."

___
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Well, I hate to say it, but they breed like rabbits and they are everywhere.
    Either that or catch them, put them in the pound and euthenize(sp) them.

I'd do it
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

LOL!!!!11ONEEXCLAMATIONT! master7's Avatar
    yummy.

better than my friend used to do, leave a bowl full of antifreeze behind his house and just watch cats lineup
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

- Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy
    can ya point them at somethin' specific there spamby?

I can't tell if it's; the article, meggie, izzo, or any of the others yer pointin' them at!

Quote Originally Posted by Noevo
    can ya point them at somethin' specific there spamby?

I can't tell if it's; the article, meggie, izzo, or any of the others yer pointin' them at!

Killing cats Pisses me off...

Want to be tuff go try and kill a lion or a tiger or oh my.

Cat hunting Pffffffft..

I call pussies
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Feral cats are bad for native populations, period. They reproduce like crazy, and have no predators. I don't have time to find a link right now, but check what they have done to some islands in the south pacific after they were introduced. I don't think this is about the cats, but the damage the cats cause.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Hunting is all fun and games till the Rabbit, or deer has a gun and starts shooting back.
    Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Feral cats are bad for native populations, period. They reproduce like crazy, and have no predators. I don't have time to find a link right now, but check what they have done to some islands in the south pacific after they were introduced. I don't think this is about the cats, but the damage the cats cause.

Well how about making it a Law to maybe have them Spaded or however you spell it instead of making hunting cats a fricking Sport.
    SG Sh!!t List

If they allow this, then they have to allow me to shoot dogs so I can go snipe the guys dog who shoots cats as "fun" and see what he thinks then. If there is a problem with small species cats (the kind people have as pets normally) then they need to be trapped and taken to the humane society, not shot. They are pets just as much as a dog is, and even though I hunt I dont think allowing someone to potentially shoot a young kids best friend because they happened to forget their collar that day. If you can take a dead cat to a 5yr old and tell them you killed their friend, then you are a disgusting person and I'd enjoy shooting you.

Quote Originally Posted by wee96
    If they allow this, then they have to allow me to shoot dogs so I can go snipe the guys dog who shoots cats as "fun" and see what he thinks then. If there is a problem with small species cats (the kind people have as pets normally) then they need to be trapped and taken to the humane society, not shot. They are pets just as much as a dog is, and even though I hunt I dont think allowing someone to potentially shoot a young kids best friend because they happened to forget their collar that day. If you can take a dead cat to a 5yr old and tell them you killed their friend, then you are a disgusting person and I'd enjoy shooting you.

Bravo Motha Fauking Bravo

Points on the way..

Damn = You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wee96 again.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bravo Motha Fauking Bravo

Points on the way..

Damn = You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wee96 again.
    The thought is what counts I get wound up about cat abuse, as ive had cats my entire life and had one from 5yrs old to 20yrs old, needless to say it was like losing a sister to me.

The thought is what counts I get wound up about cat abuse, as ive had cats my entire life and had one from 5yrs old to 20yrs old, needless to say it was like losing a sister to me.

SG Sh!!t List

Killing cats Pisses me off...

Want to be tuff go try and kill a lion or a tiger or oh my.

Cat hunting Pffffffft..

I call pussies

PFFFT, hey seriously out in the country they are a serious neusence. They breed out of control and travel in packs ripping up trash, terrorizing domesticated cats.

The point is, defenseless or not they are a pain in the A$$ and if its not a pet and its causing problems then they are fair game.

My cousins 4 year old got a serious infection from where 2 cats that were roaming cats scratched him.

The fact of the matter is that in lots of rural areas cats are a royal pain in the azz.

JD
    NCTI - Certified
    SCTE--Member
    Specialized cable fixxer upper

I can understand sammy being mad about cat hunting, I mean if hunting cats was legal in CA, he might not be getting married to one

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    I can understand sammy being mad about cat hunting, I mean if hunting cats was legal in CA, he might not be getting married to one

ahahahahahah

True that.
    SG Sh!!t List

Well, i look at it this way. We, as humans caused the problem. So we need to at least attempt to fix it. I might be slightly biased in my view. For instance, my brother in law lives a few miles from here. Just down the road from him, there lived an older single gentleman, had lived there for years. He recently moved, and turned all the cats that were living with him loose or just plain left them behind. The problem is, that it is estimated that the guy had 25+ cats living with him. They are all over the place now around my brother in laws farm.

Wee, chill a bit, noone is talking about shooting your kids cat.

I would shoot some of the cats out at my grandparents 7acre property this summer if they asked me to.

The cats piss and crap all over the hay thats for the sheep and also they get the "pet" cats my grandma has all torn up and the pet cats cant even get out of the house without being swarmed.

My grandpa already picked off about 3 or 4 of the wild cats.

This is where the nearest city of 20,000 people is 8 miles away.

Just out in the middle of nowhere where these cats get dumped and they all breed like freaking rabbits.

It is not my grandparents responsibility to allow these animals to live on their property.

And if you think shooting a person is the same as shooting a cat, then you are not fit to handle a firearm.

JD

**edit** and FYI this would only apply in rural non residential areas, it is illegal to discharge a firearm inside the city limits here in Indiana unless you are at a licensed firing range.

Not like I'm gonna walk out back with my Taurus PT357 and start poppin off neighborhood cats.

JD
    NCTI - Certified
    SCTE--Member
    Specialized cable fixxer upper