Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have cancer

I have cancer

Colorectal. This kind of pisses me because I'm not used to having anything wrong with me. When the doc told me what it was, I said "OK, let's fix it" and he said " that's just what we're going to do". I like that kind of confidence.

I had a CT scan yesterday. Had to drink a lot of red KoolAid to add contrast to the image. The technician said the results would be available in a couple of days and that I should go home and drink lots of beer.

We have some first class talent and facilities here within walking distance . I've got a gastrointestinal guy, a surgeon, and an oncologist. My primary physician is also chief-of-staff at the hospital and I've been told he can move mountains. They are all networked with the UCLA Medical Center so they can all see my test results and communicate with each other on their computers.

Next up is an ultrasound to give a more detailed picture. Not yet scheduled but probably next week.

That's all I know for now.

--Tom
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

SG Enthusiast
    Good luck, Poptom. Hopefully all will work out.

Your in my prayers once again Tom. Hopefully it's very early stage and can be taken care of. Keep us posted.

I also wish good luck, as cancer can give quite a scare. I hope you'll be okay man. Like blebs, I'll also offer prayers for you.
    You played the Song of Storms!

Hi poptom,

very sorry to hear...keep your hopes up!

My friend had that at age 33 I think it was, they caught it fairly early and I think he had to go for 1 surgery and it was a compelte success...now been 5 years and no more cancer.

I'll pray for you Tom!

Stay strong!

Neede anything, let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help. Your within driving distance to me
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Damn!

Good luck. I know of quite a few men that have beaten it pretty readily. Follow your doc's instructions to a tee.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Thats why we fold man!

Do me a favor eh? If it is in your power, have all the docs meet AT THE SAME time with you. If that is not an option, I'd really like it if you made a master list of all the meds they are gonna put you on and have that handy at all times. When my dad got sick the docs went med happy and prescribed oodles of stuff. Interactions galore. Some enhanced others effects, some nullified others....total cluster****.

PM me if you need some advice, I've been thru this stuff a few times and might have some pointers and such to help ya out.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

good luck and I hope you have a speedy and successful treatment.

I'm stuborn as an ox when it comes to medications. I don't want to mess up my body chemistry so they've got to convince me that it's something that will target a specific problem. My long-time regular doctor, recently retired, knew that if he wrote me a prescription, I'd probably tear it up.

--Tom
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Poptom
    Im glad to hear the docs sound so potive. I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Quote Originally Posted by poptom
    I'm stuborn as an ox when it comes to medications. I don't want to mess up my body chemistry so they've got to convince me that it's something that will target a specific problem. My long-time regular doctor, recently retired, knew that if he wrote me a prescription, I'd probably tear it up.

--Tom
    While I can understand your position then, don't fool around with it now. Too much riding on the line this time.

Good luck my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blog Entries
    Really sorry to hear about that.

I'd also like to urge you to follow what the docs prescribe to the t.

I hope for a successful treatment, and we'll be here whenever you need support.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

SG Enthusiast
    Hang in there! My wife's sister is a six-year survivor, you can beat it.

PopTom...Man I hate to see thread headers like that!

Your added to my prayer list.

I'll echo what others have already said....You can beat it!! Hang in there!!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Blog Entries
    Hi poptom

Terrible News my Friend. That said it appears you are in good hands and Cancer can be beaten (i can attest to that).

Stay positive, do as the Doctors advise and i'm sure all will be well. They are doing remarkable things now.

Your in my Prayers poptom.

Good fortune

Larry

good luck poptom!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

You're going to kick cancers butt! To strong you are. Take your meds, listen to the doctors and listen to your little voice when it comes to what me sense and what doesn't. Look forward to your 50,000 post and 15 years here at Speed Guide!

MD
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Tom, I'm sorry to hear that. There is another member here that has told me in the last few days they have cancer as well. Do what you can to kill this awful disease.