Thread: Audigy 2 ZS w/headset not working

Audigy 2 ZS w/headset not working

I can't seem to get my headset working with this card. The sound works fine but i can't get my mic working. It's NOT muted (hah, i only wish that was the problem) and is plugged in properly. The headset works fine, i've put it in my other machine and I even took out the audigy and put back in my Live card and it works fine.

I actually went and brought it back last night and got a replacement, thinking maybe it was defective, but apparently i was wrong. Am i missing something here? I didn't think it'd be a chore to get them to work

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If system specs are needed, let me know.
    Thanks again,

-chaco
    "..the day I realized I was god was while praying I realized I was talking to myself.."

win xp? under control panel goto sounds and make sure reording is set right in audio and voice.

everything is set fine, those were the first things i checked when it wasn't working (well, along with checking to see if it was muted )

this is really getting me aggrevated
    "..the day I realized I was god was while praying I realized I was talking to myself.."

Well that kills my thoughts, other than maybe u have gone deaf? lol

naw, can't be that
    my sound works fine, just my mic that's being screwy

Quote Originally Posted by Chacotako
    naw, can't be that
    my sound works fine, just my mic that's being screwy

I had issues with mine when i installed it... not like yours but check the digital/analog options and make sure they are correct. Other than that ..hmm i'd re-try the obvious .. volume, mic volume etc

I'm assuming there are two jacks on that head set...one to plug in the mic and one to plug in the headphones?
    Nothing Safe!

Which mic port is this connected to? Is it enabled in all control panels? Is the level on it high enough?

Have you run the Creative Auto-Updater at creative.com?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I'll recheck all my settings when i get home and even post screenshots (i'm at work right now, and when i remote in all the settings are off in audio )

when installing it, i just did drivers only, so i don't have any of the software installed that came with it.

@UOD umm, the only jack that i knew of to plug it into (for mic lol), haven't autoupdated yet.
    @sub yeah 2 jacks

thanks for all the support,
    -chaco

edit: ewps, i figured it out (well why the settings were messed up when remoting)

here are some screenshots of how everything is setup:
    screenshot 1
    screenshot 2
    screenshot 3
    screenshot 4
    Last edited by Chacotako; 03-29-05 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacotako
    I'll recheck all my settings when i get home and even post screenshots (i'm at work right now, and when i remote in all the settings are off in audio )

when installing it, i just did drivers only, so i don't have any of the software installed that came with it.

@UOD umm, the only jack that i knew of to plug it into (for mic lol), haven't autoupdated yet.
    @sub yeah 2 jacks

thanks for all the support,
    -chaco

edit: ewps, i figured it out (well why the settings were messed up when remoting)

here are some screenshots of how everything is setup:
    screenshot 1
    screenshot 2
    screenshot 3
    screenshot 4

Well, in the last screenshot you have the mic muted..that might be your problem.

err, forgot to post back, i did end up getting it working, it wasn't that it was muted, may be so in that ss (i'm dumb, but not that dumb )

only thing that bothers me now is the sound... so hard to explain, just sounds muffled i guess.. i don't know if it's b/c of the cheap headphones i am using (old logitech's i got 3 year's ago for 20 bucks) .. i'm hoping thats what it is

if it is, i think i'm going to pick up some sennheiser pc150's ..
    thx again for all the feedback