Thread: Cable light flickers on @home modem, signal loss, remove/reconnect cable and it's ok.

nexialist

Post Cable light flickers on @home modem, signal loss, remove/reconnect cable and it's ok.

This is really annoying.

In the morning my cable light is flickering on the Motorola modem. I reset, disconnect cable, then reconnect cable and I have a good cable signal.

Sometimes the signal just gets weak and I lose my connection. If I do the above I'm in business again.

Cox@home has replaced the modem, cabling, and installed signal amplifiers. Still keep losing my signal.

The signal varies from good to very poor, just faster than a 56k modem. My Roadrunner in my classroom is twice as fast (measured with ispeed) as @home on it's best day.

Any similar problems?

therealcableguy

It appears that they have done everything they can at the house.Are any of your neighbors having the same problem? Without knowing the entire picture,I would assume that they need to take a look at the mainline.Have them take a test modem to the tap and see if it falls offline there.If it does then they need to work upstream until they find the problem.

------------------
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle