Thread: Major Packetloss issues..

Major Packetloss issues..

Ok guys.. brain storm on this one. Major packetloss of 60-100% at times comming from somewhere. ISP sees it and also see's a out of whack signal by just a little over where it should be example 15-15 its around +19.4 or something. First installed everything was almost around 0. Cable tech can't make it out today due to snow so will have to wait till tomorrow for a check by them. But figure I could get some feedback here on something simple to check as to why it would be doing this. Using a Surfboard 4200 and a Dlink router. Its a all of a sudden one day thing which has me really confused since nothing was changed.

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    there is nothing you culd do about it unless the loss is comming from hop 1 and even then it could be trouble on the pole
    Comptia a+ n+

Wait a minute, I had to work today in a foot of snow and the techs in Virginia get off with a speck of snow? ahhaha. Packetloss still there after the router? No packetloss to the router itself? Have you tried to ping your gateway or were you just pinging internet sites?

Well the techs over the phone pinged my modem along with me trying various sites. This is with and without the router.. so they figure a problem on the pole. I'll add more to this as I hear whats going on.. they checked pole yesterday but didn't call back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700
    Well the techs over the phone pinged my modem along with me trying various sites. This is with and without the router.. so they figure a problem on the pole. I'll add more to this as I hear whats going on.. they checked pole yesterday but didn't call back.
    So they were getting packetloss to your modem from the head-end, gotcha. Theres definately a problem in the plant somewhere they've gotta figure out.