Thread: more on the fridge from Sears

more on the fridge from Sears

Bought it 2 weeks ago but they messed up the delivery date.

Got $50 credit for that.

Delivered it this morning, looks fine, runs fine, but there's a small ding in the top, like the buckle on the tie-down was cranked a bit too hard or something.

The finish is fine, not deep enough to effect anything, purely cosmetic.

But hey, it's supposed to be brand new right?

So I call Sears and the guy offers to either replace it with another fridge or give me 20% off this one.

Haven't called him back yet but I think I'll go with the $. It's a tiny mark only noticable if you're looking down onto the top of the fridge.

I spent $650 on it so that's about a $130 credit.

Not too shabby. The salesman bumped me to a $700 model for the same price initially.

So with this $130 credit, plus the $50 credit for the late delivery (which was free), plus the $60 rebate on this model, I'm getting a $700 fridge for $410

sounds cool....looks like it was worth the wait then. that's good that sears is working with you like that, i've had a few places that aren't as "customer service" oriented give me a hard time for things.

I think it's just easier to offer me money and move on than try to deal with scheduling a replacement and delivery/pickup.

But yes, although I was furious they messed up the delivery they've been very helpful in dealing with the problems as they arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt
    Haven't called him back yet but I think I'll go with the $.

thats what I would do.

LOL... rigfht on hunby... way to work it.

The contractors that installed our fridge dinged the side of the fridge, not visable, blocked by a partition wall. I asked them what they were going to do about it and got 500 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Blog Entries
    Hi Humboldt

Put a Nicknack over the ding and go with the refund.

Sears are one of the largest Appliance Retailers in the land and that is why. Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Good for you, now you can afford unlimited Ice Cubes

--

regards

minir

SG Enthusiast
    Well, you may enjoy this ancient story or you can just put it down to old fart rambling.

In 1942 my parents mocved to a house that was sorta out in the country - well, septic, no natural gas. They had bought a brand-new gas range thinking they were moving to another place. They ordered a new refrigerator, which the delivery people dropped. Before it could be replaced, Roosevelt banned the sale of household appliances and they were stuck with it. They traded the stove to someone else who had a new electric range and wanted gas.

I inherited the frig, used it until 1966 with no repairs other than a door gasket.

When you think about what things are like today, try to imagine a time when you had to turn in your old toothpaste tube to get new, when folks raised chickens to have meat, and you got 5 gallons of gas a week if you were privileged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip Patterson
    Well, you may enjoy this ancient story or you can just put it down to old fart rambling.

In 1942 my parents mocved to a house that was sorta out in the country - well, septic, no natural gas. They had bought a brand-new gas range thinking they were moving to another place. They ordered a new refrigerator, which the delivery people dropped. Before it could be replaced, Roosevelt banned the sale of household appliances and they were stuck with it. They traded the stove to someone else who had a new electric range and wanted gas.

I inherited the frig, used it until 1966 with no repairs other than a door gasket.

When you think about what things are like today, try to imagine a time when you had to turn in your old toothpaste tube to get new, when folks raised chickens to have meat, and you got 5 gallons of gas a week if you were privileged.

My grandmother showed me her WWII ration stamp book that people were issued during the War ...they had coupons for everything and if you ran out you were screwed.. coupons for shoes, rubber, sugar, gas, ...crazy the sacrifices that generation made.

Money talks!.. good deal on the fridge and now it sounds like you get to fill it courtesy of Sears.