Thread: Does Any Body Know

Cpt-Sullen

Angry Does Any Body Know

Does anybody know how to remove all this aol crap from a comp i've deleted the progran but the drivers and adapters keep coming back. since i'm on cable i dont even want to remember aol. thanks for any help

glc1

The only true way to get rid of AOL is to format and start over b/c once u install it, it seems to take over ur system for good

John

I agree! I deleted every aol setting and file I could find and to no evail the network would not respond and aol would come up somehow. I ended up reformatting and it worked perfectly.

Storm90

Go into network properties Delete all aol adapters only. Then go to find files on your menu and look up all aol files and delete them. This is all I did to my sister when she switch to cable . She has not had a problem sense then. Plus check the regestry and make sure any key for aol is deleted. This will save you from reformatting and restoreing windows.Plus check under windows setup and remove any dailup adapters. Hope this helps. work for my sister!

[This message has been edited by Storm90 (edited 10-08-2000).]

RoundEye

Thumbs up

Try UnInstallerthis program is great for removing rouge apps and invalid registry entries. The first time you use it I would bet you find over 200 invalid registry entries.

------------------
    LIVE LIFE FULL THROTTLE!