Thread: AP pulling their polls out of BCS standings

Thumbs up AP pulling their polls out of BCS standings

Certified SG Addict
    Withdrawal has the same effectiveness as wearing protection.

this paves the way for split championships every year...PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    this paves the way for split championships every year...PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

Unfortunately for Auburn fans they wont get a sniff of the National Title this year regardless of how they play. USC and Oklahoma are #1 and #2 in every poll making it pretty much impossible for Auburn to even gain a split.

I'd like to see a playoff system of some sort, but it won't happen. And I doubt it will force anymore split championship than in the past....I guess it depends on how they will substitute the polls, if they do. They need to make the coaches polls public as well as keep as much emphasis as possible on the computer rankings because they aren't personal.

Quote Originally Posted by fastchevy
    I'd like to see a playoff system of some sort, but it won't happen. And I doubt it will force anymore split championship than in the past....I guess it depends on how they will substitute the polls, if they do. They need to make the coaches polls public as well as keep as much emphasis as possible on the computer rankings because they aren't personal.
    The coaches have about as much of a clue as this guys which is to say none.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Roody
    The coaches have about as much of a clue as this guys which is to say none.

Link

LOL well..........I heard about this this morning and I agree with him. they are average and Matt is above average by some degree. I'm trying to objective when I say USC will be dominated on Jan. 4. OK , OK..maybe not dominated, but they will be handed a loss.

LOL well..........I heard about this this morning and I agree with him. they are average and Matt is above average by some degree. I'm trying to objective when I say USC will be dominated on Jan. 4. OK , OK..maybe not dominated, but they will be handed a loss.
    lol, I will leave the smack talking up to Oklahoma and their fans. They were good at it prior to playing LSU last year (The result of which seemed to quite them down a bit), and no doubt they are good at it this year.

Anyway, On January 4th we will find out just how supposedly "average" they really are.

GO USC
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

lol, I will leave the smack talking up to Oklahoma and their fans. They were good at it prior to playing LSU last year (The result of which seemed to quite them down a bit), and no doubt they are good at it this year.

Anyway, On January 4th we will find out just how supposedly "average" they really are.

LOL I really wasn't trying to talk smack. Just an observation

LOL I really wasn't trying to talk smack. Just an observation
    Yes, I know. The good thing is this matchup is how it should be. Both were ranked #1 and 2 all the way through. The system is flawed, but IMO due to both keeping their ranking all year they chose the right two teams.

Enjoy the games.

Yes, I know. The good thing is this matchup is how it should be. Both were ranked #1 and 2 all the way through. The system is flawed, but IMO due to both keeping their ranking all year they chose the right two teams.

Enjoy the games.

will be good. Too bad we can't watch the game together and talk smack about the other guy's team

will be good. Too bad we can't watch the game together and talk smack about the other guy's team
    lol yeah that would provide for an interesting evening.