Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Un-capping not illegal

Ikarus

** I reworded it to avoid further confusion... ** July 13/2000, 1:41 am EST

Sorry boys and girls but the pics he posted were doctored pics. And to see if it was "just me" or my resolution(s) I was running I ran it at ALL of the resolutions and compared download boxes with real screenshots. Sorry but you've been had at least those screenshots of his speeds are bogus. As soon as I saw quake3world I knew something was funny because, the Quake3world speed one I did was a perfect photoshop DOCTORED picture. So I overlayed my DOCTORED PIC over a REAL PIC and the KB/sec and all the text aligned EXACTLY the same as the nondoctored one. So I did the same test with our friends picture against the a REAL SCREENSHOT (i.e. a picture of a real download not a doctored shot). And the numbers and the KB/sec text were misaligned. When I aligned the download is complete text, it aligns ALL OTHER TEXT in the shot including the KB/sec.

I really have never seen 1200KB/sec off my provider and to make credibility matters possibly even worse I *think* (not sure) IE rounds the speed to 1.2 MB when showing the speed.

To see the higher quality PNG or TGA check out these links - http://www.descent3.net/temp/fake2.png

http://www.descent3.net/temp/fake2.tga

And then right click and zoom in on it for the TGA (I think), the text shouldn't look as fuzzy in the main jpeg since I aligned the "download complete" text and blew that one up via photoshop.

------------------
    Alladvantage - Make money surfin the web
    http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=fwp860

[This message has been edited by Ikarus (edited 07-13-2000).]

zeussoft2

Hah.....ive been a silent reader for about 8 months now and i was laughing my head off at this whole topic......i knew it was all bull****.....and now its been proved. It doesnt take a genius to figure out how to blow something up bigger with different screen resolutions
    its obvious you will never get any of that speed and that guy is just jealous and thinks hes all cool....now hes been proven wrong....and yo Ikarus...post the upload one too I bet its like 15 k/sec etc.......just shows how far some people will go to get attention, sheesh i pity this guy...whats he gonna say in his comeback? Ikarus edited them?? Or he will probably not say anything at all I say Speedguide.net should start off a 'lies database' featuring Violent.....It doesnt take much to prove your bull****ting All it actually takes is that screenshot and a paint program to figure out if someones bull****ting. Once again I laugh at this poor soul Violent....The man who wishes he got those speeds and thinks hes a hacker......Hey im gonna email RR with this entire thread See what they think of this lamer :-).....Anyways ha ha ha......I pity being a loser like Violent who cant get attention in real life so he tries to get it on the net by his ability to lie and try to make people believe it.

I think you were looking at the wrong screenshot. His wasn't the one with the 1206 speed. His was the one with the 989 speed. I blew it up pretty big and it looked good to me. I not saying the whole thing is real...but I HAVEN'T seen any proof that it's not from all you bashers.

MtCableman

His speeds are not the issue here. Uncapping and the legal matter is! I still think that this is the biggest hoax on this forum.

------------------
    Closed course and Professional user.
    Don't try this at Home!

Ikarus

No I wasn't I overlayed HIS SCREENSHOT (the 989 one on top of a REAL ONE. The screenshot I doctored was PERFECT and there was no KB/sec TEXT MISALIGNMENT like our friends.

------------------

Evangelion-01

Yeah i thought they looked doctored.....the 989 is spaced out a little bit too much too

MtCableman

It worked!!!

Check this speed out!!!

NOT!!!

------------------
    Closed course and Professional user.
    Don't try this at Home!

loosbrew

ROTFLMAO!!!!! this soapopera kept us amused for quite a while while at work! man, what a great story. not saying its true or not, but still a great freakin story. thanx for a good read.

loosbrew

martialcomp

Talking

Good Job Ikarus. I am glad that this has been figured out. But, until then, I want to see if we can get the number of postings in this thread to 300!

vcao

Cool

Can I take a peek at those codes. I don't have cable, only DSL. I just want to see the structure and such.

Pass them to victor@e-imago.com
    Good job Violent, and best wishes.

Thanks,
    VcAo

Violent

Ok I give up. Plain and simple. You asked for pics, I sent you pics. Then when I began to offer proof you guys try to tear it apart. I use the same files and servers you guys do and get better speeds and you get jelous. What can I say. The pics I sent are true and real. If Ikarus doctored his pics, as they obviously were when they they were first posted, then so what ? I used the same standard that his pic showed and beat him. Now he offers another one of his own doctored pics to prove what ? He's comparing his own doctored pics and use those to say mine were fake ? I guess I just do not understand. I will continue to enjoy these high speeds, the rest of ya just continue to enjoy being in the basement near the 56 K modems. Thanks and good bye.

wee96

Look how spaced out the letters are in violents pic HAHAHAHA

ChromaZone

Exclamation

Ok Ok Ok, Get this!

Most people here have used the SPEEDGUIDE tweaks (settings) right? RIGHT! So, just becuase VIOLENT changed his settings and OBTAINED extrodinary performance why are we all so upset at his facts? We have applied SPEEDGUIDE settings to GAIN optimum performace from our DSL/CABLE connections so infact are we not just as GUILTY as he is being blamed for? If we can use all these freeware/shareware that is floating around to BOOST are connection speed then we too are STEALING our NEIGHBOURS bandwidths, and therefore shouldn't we stop!? Anyway that's my .02 cents!

P.S. BRENT and all MODERATORS of this forum, SORRY for having to mention your tweaks in this mesage as a reference. I mean no harm by it, I just wanted so show a small point!

ALSO..this topic is VERY interesting!

Cheers,
    ChromaZone

wee96

The speedguide tweaks in no way change your upstream cap. They allow your downstream to reach its ALLOWED speed by the cable company, and it in no way steals bandwidth from other users. Sending upstream signals over a node hogs the bandwidth much faster, just like when your uploading a file, browsing becomes alot slower, etc.

Ikarus

Sorry violent you've been caught. Your text should not be one pixel beneath the KB box when the shot is overlayed leaving a shadow. I checked at all resolutions and the font size text is EXACTLY the same in your picture and you did not resize because the text and both edges match. I used the transparency layering in photoshop, I'm sorry if you felt you had to lie to us about your speeds especially when you really only were getting 89KB sec on that quake3 point release download. On top of that you send DOCTORED speed pictures only and no scanned court/legal documents you WOULD HAVE and would have access to if you ever went to court. Then you come here post and still try to hold on to your lie after you've been found out. I'm sorry but that is pathetic man. As soon as I saw "tempz" in the Q3world screenshot, I knew you were just a warezing kid trying to get our attention. I can send you the PSD files if you wish they have your picture overlayed on top of a real download. I did another test last night I setup IIS on NT4 and downloaded a file with IE through a 10Mbps card running @ about 900K and it did not have the problems your shots do, let's just face it, you've been found out and your credibility has been demolished by scientific investigation. You are the one that started this whole thread and I think you owe at the very least everyone an apology for wasting their time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ikarus (edited 07-13-2000).]

Lex Luthor

Ikarus,

I'm sorry if I am missing it or something, but photo editing isn't my specialty.

Can you explain clearly as to how you know for certain the screenshots are fakes?

I'd appreciate the clarification.

Thanks!
    Lex

wee96

Look at the spacing, look at the placement of the text on the upload speed, its not even with the programs window, might have to go into photoshop for you people who need glasses, but its obvious if you look at it.

ssjDoh

Hey Violent, try this...send a file to Brent or John (they get fast downloads) and have them say how fast they downloaded from you. I'm sure a mod won't lie

zeussoft2

He wont do that :-).....his excuse would be something like "I dont know how to send someone a file..." just like when people asked him to post the .jpg files on his website host he said it wouldnt let him do that......what web host would not let you upload picture files???

Its obvious the guys just been caught bull****ting and hes going to lie even more just to make himself look like the stupid lamer he is.

I'm up for the challange, My download cap is at 10Mbps.

I have ICQ so you can either ICQ me to do it over that, or I can setup an FTP Server for you to log in and send me something, either way