Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Un-capping not illegal

Chastan

Hey Ikarus, I know I may be asking an idiotic question, but is that IP address of your cable modem internal to the network, or is that your internet IP? How would I get access to mine?

Chastan

Are you sure you aren't just running the telnet service under NT?

Ikarus

I'm 100% sure. You don't want me to whip out another one of my 'illustrated jpegs' do you?

Oh well, I couldn't help myself. :P

------------------
    Alladvantage - Make money surfin the web
    http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=fwp860

[This message has been edited by Ikarus (edited 07-12-2000).]

MtCableman

Ikarus is right, you can TELNET to the MODEM if you know the password. I am not sure what you will find on the other side. I am sure if it could be changed that the headend would change it back to the original settings.

As for Violent, RRunner could just terminate his service whenever they wanted to. They do not have to serve him at all. I think this is an excellent "STORY".....

I don't believe it. No proof and I don't think anyone in thier right mind would agree with those type of terms......"free service" 3 years?, Pay for a switch to the competitor?, I doubt it!

------------------
    Closed course and Professional user.
    Don't try this at Home!

Violent

How do I post pics to the board ?

NeoGuyver

Cool

First get a pic (which I will assume you have already done). Then send the pic to me and I will post it on my webspace and give the link to you, me Email be DarkGuyver@home.net

OR, you can do it yourself. just post the link to your pic.

NeoGuyver

See?

[This message has been edited by NeoGuyver (edited 07-12-2000).]

56kman

Send me them codes also please!!!!!!!!!! mman52@hotmail.com

downhill

Wink

Well as you can see,NeoGuyver,Crosswinds dosn't allow linking.
    You might try using Easyspace or Virtual Ave.

mig125

At first I belived Violent, but after reading his "settlement" - that really sounded like a BS.
    One very simple thing you could do to set this thing:
    Scan the page of the verdict, just cross your name and you may cross the seal of the State and the case number - if you don't want people looking into public records.
    that's it.
    shouldn't take more than 5 min.

aKgLiQuiD

Nice arguments sorry kip just relax... please if you would send me the logs

Violent

NeoGyver - Thank you for your kind offer - Maybe I could instead send them to one of the moderators. I think sending it to one of the moderators would be best

mig25 - is that mig like the russian fighter ? Anyway, as soon as I get access to a scanner I might scan the court docs. I do not have a scanner but I will get access to one. When I do I will post the court docs. Of course they will be edited to remove references to the court - names - and location - sorry folks this is the way it has to be. It will take me a few days, so please martialcomp dont hold your breath.

Moderator - please respond giving your permission for me to send the files to you, and an email address also please?

The two pics I am going to send will be two pics showing u/l and d/l speed using internet explorer for the download and leapftp for the upload.

The operating system is Windows Millennium.Before any one says "ohhh ,,,but it must be a warezed copy because it isn't for sale yet", I was a MS beta tester for Millennium and am using the free copy that all beta testers get. Leap FTP is fully purchased and registered,version 2.6.2, and of course the cable modem and the 3com NIC. The pics are screen shots of the screen while the upload or download are taking place. These screen shots were taken with the codes (I guess I should refer to them more as commands) in use.

I also have pics of my last vacation if you would prefer those,,,

So when I get a moderators permission to send him the files I will send as soon as possible.

MtCableman

Originally posted by Violent:
    How do I post pics to the board ?

This is from someone who "uncapped" his cable modem?......

------------------
    Closed course and Professional user.
    Don't try this at Home!

Violent

MtCableman
    Thats right. I tried to post the pics but it would not let me. Can you post a pic ?

Originally posted by MtCableman:

This is from someone who "uncapped" his cable modem?......

NeoGuyver

That is very true Violent. I know you don't know me, so I was hesitant to even offer because I had a feeling you'd rather have someone who is part of this site do it instead. However, you can still do it yourself if you wish, just get some webspace or set up an FTP, type in

(img)Web-address(/img)

Also, use the [ ] brackets instead of the ( ) Brackets. and the image will come right up. I.E. http://www.crosswinds.net/~NeoGuyver/GuyverHead5.jpg =

did you upload them to a server?

send me the pics, I can upload them and put them in

------------------
    a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    Core Meltdown www.coremeltdown.com

Forum: http://www.coremeltdown.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

Out the 100TX, through the linksys router/switch, down the cable modem, over the Tap, off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, past the head end office....nothing but Net

Violent

Brent:

Pics sent to your email

MtCableman

Originally posted by Violent:
    MtCableman
    Thats right. I tried to post the pics but it would not let me. Can you post a pic ?

Hmmm let me see.....

These are being posted by request, and there is no endorsement or criticism stated or implied by their posting. I am neither in belief or disbelief, I will leave it up to YOU to decide if you believe it or not. That said here are the pics he sent me to Upload so you all can see them.

"Brent:

These are pics of my upload and down load. For the download I used the same
    server that Ikarus used in his posted picture. I figured that using the same
    file and server that he did would only be fair. Besides, I dont get these
    speeds all the time, the routers and servers you need to pass thru on the net
    really slow things down at times.

I wanted to really post pictures before but i wanted to show the speeds out on
    the internet not just on my own network where they are reproducable everytime.
    Good, fast, servers are few and far between at times. I just happen to get
    lucky with the site that Ikarus used for his download. I tried it several
    times and the lowest speed that I got from that server was 346 K/sec and well
    the highest i could get from it was as shown in the download pic using
    internet explorer. I have seen a few sites that offered up to the 1.2 Mb that
    I reported previously but they are usually crowded and I must wait till the
    wee hours of the morning to get good this type of speed from them.

As far as the upload is concerned, this site has always given me great speeds
    for upload. You can see the speed in the picture using Leap FTP. Uploads of
    course have the same restrictions as downloads as far as passing thru routers
    and things like that. Like I said tho this site was my best chance to get a
    good shot of the upload speed as its characteristics are known to me.

These speeds vary at times of course. I never said that they were rock steady
    all the time.

At any rate here are the pics. Please post them along with the information in
    this email as stated above."

------------------
    a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    Core Meltdown www.coremeltdown.com

Forum: http://www.coremeltdown.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

Out the 100TX, through the linksys router/switch, down the cable modem, over the Tap, off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, past the head end office....nothing but Net

fanta

It's about time Brent!! heh well well well looks like we have something debatable to discuss here. I'm sure the court doc pics would lend a lot of credibilty towards Violent.
    Note: Anyone willing to bet that this thread will be the most popular on speedguide?

[This message has been edited by fanta (edited 07-12-2000).]