Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Un-capping not illegal

clover

Thumbs up

I couldn't disagree more, Zerosmash33. First of all, you can spell, unlike most posters here who don't know the difference between "there" and "their"; second, you went through an entire post without flaming anyone (rare); third, you didn't use a single swear word in your post (even rarer). I won't even mention that, correct grammar and spelling aside, you made a lot of sense.

No, Zerosmash33, I would say you are anything but an insignificant teenager.

clover

------------------
    http://members.nettrash.com/clover252525@yahoo.com

mig125

I didn't swear...I didn't flame anybody...I know how to spell, but I am 27 yrs old.
    Do I still get 'thumbs up' from you guys?

IMHO - The truth must be revealed!!!!
    It's the principle that counts!

wee96

I'm mighty tighty whitey and im smugglin plums *headbangs* Ahh well, just tryin to add to this thread, I know im weird.

I listen to Blood Hound Gang too

wee96

Oh by the way, wanna see my speeds?

Now, tell me, is this a modifyed picture? I fixed this up in 10 minutes, and I honestly think it looks quite more convincing than Violents pictures did. Wee! I guess screenshots dont mean much these days, since they are so easy to create.

[This message has been edited by wee96 (edited 07-19-2000).]

Kip Patterson

Recommended procedure for detecting an altered screenshot:

Click on the close button. If it does not close within 3 seconds, it has been altered.

what?

xfactor

can you send me that log as well, I have a @home and I use to be capped at 128KBps upload then they went to 16KBps which made me mad..

x.factor@home.com

clover

Cool

Just one question Wee96: if the download speed is 33MPS and the file size is 19MB, how in blazes were you able to capture the download picture?? According to my calc you had about half a second!

clover

------------------

Amro

Shrug, I'm a teenager... heh.. 16.. doesn't make me ignorant though -- although I'll admit most people my age are

xfactor

Talking

He is just that good :P

Ikarus

Heh. I can't believe people are still posting to this thread! My god after my exposition you'd think people would move on after discovering the truth. Anyone can do the photoshop, or paintshop pro (I think psp has it?) test with Vi's IE jpeg from brents site via transparency layering.

Ikarus,

I'm sorry if I am missing it or something, but photo editing isn't my specialty.

Can you explain clearly as to how you know for certain the screenshots are fakes?

I'd appreciate the clarification.

Thanks!
    Lex
    Ok lex, here we go, in all versions of IE4 and 5. The download dialog box hasn't changed the alignment of the text. Violent posted a screenshot that had him downloading the Quake3 patch exe file, and I had just posted a screenshot before it downloading the same one, but I changed the speed and aligned it perfectly in photoshop so when I overlay my doctored picture over a real download of the same file the speed and KB/sec are on the same lines (i.e. no shadows appear below (1 pixel off the original kb/sec). With violents picture, I downloaded the same file took a real screenshot and overlayed violents shot making it ~50% transparent so you can see if the text and what not is aligned properly throughout the screenshot. By overlaying it overtop of the other one all of the major text is aligned vertically on the same lines throughout IE in all Operating systems. But our good friend violent™. Modified the screenshot via a paint program but did a real quick job so the kb/sec and the speed is one pixel off from where it's supposed to be in a real screenshot of a download. You can do the test yourself using any paint program that supports layering and transparencies.

The original JPEG brent uploaded for violent can be found here - http://www.coremeltdown.com/images/speed_down.jpg

So anyone on this board can do the test themselves and see that violent was just fibbin his way into the speedguide post hall of fame (or shame).

Detailed instructions (if you have photoshop) to do the JPEG test.

Open up Photoshop, start downloading the quake3 117 patch exe from quake3world.com or any file of your liking. Press printscreen and it will copy the screen to clipboard then in Photoshop hit file --> new and it should show your screen resolution (it auto detects the size of clipboard screenshots). Then edit menu --> paste (or by pass using the paste hotkey). Now you should see the screenshot of the IE download box. Now from photoshop open up the JPEG you downloaded from brents site, and press CTRL-A to select all of it. Then CTRL-C to copy the picture from the open jpeg window. Then select the untitled PSD window and paste it in there. Now violents screenshot should be on top of the real one on a seperate layer in the window. Now go to the windows menu --> show layers and you will see each screenshot on it's own "layer" select the layer with violents jpeg and and you should see the opacity @ 100% change the opacity to 30-50% and while the layer is selected from the tool bar select the cursor arrow and move the transparent layer until you align the text "close this dialog box when download completes" and there you will see that his jpeg leaves the KB/sec light shadow one axis beneath the real shot and voila, violent is exposed.

------------------
    Alladvantage - Make money surfin the web
    http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=fwp860

Xayd

Just to put everyone's mind to rest, I work for a company that sells legal research to Lawyers over the web, and just ran a search on ALL of our case law databases for the phrase "Road Runner" and the word "modem".

Zero results.

If this was indeed a criminal case between Violent and his state, it should have been made public.

Why no email address Violent? Are you even a cable modem subscriber? Doubtful.

I'll betcha that the moderator who posted the screenshots for you got them from hotmail/yahoo/juno didn't he? Probably.

Bottom line is there is no case law public in the United States as of about three days ago that involves "Road Runner" and "Modem" in any way.

Xayd

I'll betcha that the moderator who posted the screenshots for you got them from hotmail/yahoo/juno didn't he? Probably
    I'm the one Violent sent the pictures to to post them because it wasn't working for him, the email address it came from had an ending of @usa.net the Full email address is *********@usa.net

[This message has been edited by Bouncer (edited 07-21-2000).]

martialcomp

Talking

The only case that we could find, if we looked, would be one titled "Teenager running amok on speedguide.net bulletin board".

[This message has been edited by martialcomp (edited 07-21-2000).]

RoundEye

Well, I must admit. I'm addicted to speedguide.net. I'm just posting here to get my fix. Can someone post the 12 step guide to SA (Speedguide Anonymous)? I've misplaced mine.

tntjboy

hey violent..i have charter pipline with earthlink as my isp...is there a way to do what u did with my services?

clover

Wink

tntjboy, did you attach a stamped, self-addressed plain brown envelope with small, unmarked bills (nothing larger than a $3 bill with a clear picture of President Gore on it) inside? Otherwise....you are unlikely to get a reply.

clover

------------------

almost to 300!

wee96

*sneeze*