Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your papers, please...

Certified SG Addict

Your papers, please...

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index575.htm

December 9, 2004

“Your Papers Please”

US adopts National ID: Homeland Security Now In charge of Regulations for all US States Drivers Licenses and Birth Certificates

By: Jonathan Wheeler

In a chilling act more reminiscent of the now defunct Soviet Union or the Nazi regime of Adolph Hitler, the United States Congress passed legislation yesterday that requires the States to surrender their regulatory rights over driver’s licenses and birth certificates to The Department of Homeland Security.

The massive US Intelligence Reform Bill weighed in at over 3,000 pages and though unread by individual Members of either the House or Senate nevertheless passed all of the legislative hurdles needed in order to become law.

President Bush lobbied hard for these provisions, only objecting when Senator Sensenbrenner attempted to require these same provisions for illegal aliens but which the President opposed. This provision was dropped from the final bill.

Beginning in 2005, the Department of Homeland Security will issue new uniformity regulations to the States requiring that all Drivers Licenses and Birth Certificates meet minimal Federal Standards with regard to US citizen information, including biometric security provisions.

Added to currently existing Federal Laws and Supreme Court rulings American citizens when born will be issued a Social Security Number that will be included on their Birth Certificates, along with DNA biometric markers. All birth certificates will also be registered in a Federal Government database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security. No child will be allowed enrollment to schools or be entitled to either State of Federal Government benefits programs without first presenting a certified Homeland Security registered Birth Certificate.

Drivers Licenses will also contain DNA biometric markers and include the holders Social Security Number and be required for receiving and applying for all State and Federal benefits programs. Previous Supreme Court rulings have also upheld State and Federal Law Enforcement authorities right to request Identification from any American citizen, for any reason and at any time as not being violations of their, the citizens, constitutionally protected rights.

Major Banks and credit card companies have applauded the adoption of a National ID system as being important to counter fraud and increasing instances of identity theft. National ID cards with biometric markers will eliminate them from having to issue Credit and Debit cards, which for the first time in US history have surpassed the usage of checks and cash. Utilizing The Department of Homeland Securities centralized federal database, Banks and credit card companies will only require the presentation of a citizens Driver’s License to make purchases as all of the persons financial information, including credit and cash balances, will already be known in ‘real time’. (The combining of Homeland Security and Banking databases on citizen’s balances and purchases, along with their past and present purchasing information, has been allowed under previous Federal Laws including the Patriot Act.)

Also included in this bill is a law to require The Department of Homeland Security to establish a separate ID system for citizens to use prior to boarding airplanes, and which is eerily reminiscent of the Soviet and Nazi regimes dreaded Internal Passport.

Never before in our history have the words of Benjamin Franklin been so correct when he stated: "people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both".

Today, December 9, 2004 will be one of those moments in time that future historians will look back on and pin point as being the day that the United States of American, and as it was founded by its forefathers, ceased to exist.

Sounds like a good idea to me, to make things safer.

No child will be allowed enrollment to schools or be entitled to either State of Federal Government benefits programs without first presenting a certified Homeland Security registered Birth Certificate.
    and

Major Banks and credit card companies have applauded the adoption of a National ID system as being important to counter fraud and increasing instances of identity theft. National ID cards with biometric markers will eliminate them from having to issue Credit and Debit cards, which for the first time in US history have surpassed the usage of checks and cash. Utilizing The Department of Homeland Securities centralized federal database, Banks and credit card companies will only require the presentation of a citizens Driver’s License to make purchases as all of the persons financial information, including credit and cash balances, will already be known in ‘real time’.
    sounds like it will make things safer to me, identity theft and credit card theft is a big problelm right now, sounds like this could help with that

Never before in our history have the words of Benjamin Franklin been so correct when he stated: "people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both".
    i don't see how its trading any freedoms though

it sounds like stuff we have now, just all rolled up into one package

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    Sounds like a good idea to me, to make things safer.

and

sounds like it will make things safer to me, identity theft and credit card theft is a big problelm right now, sounds like this could help with that

i don't see how its trading any freedoms though

Pretty blind, man.

SG Enthusiast
    And all controlled by the government. You don't see a problem with this?

Here's what you gotta understand, the terrorists are here, now, in this country. We don't have to worry about them from afar, because they are here now. My next door neighbor could be a terrorist, the guy two streets down could be a terrorist, it sucks, but that is simply the world we live in now, and we must deal with it.

We must take measures to make the US safer, internally. The current system is not working, anyone can see this, so changes need to be made. They are doing their best to make this a safer country, hey, it may not be perfect, but they do have our safety at heart.

And along the way if they can make things better in regards to identity theft, credit card fraud and the like, I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuf
    And all controlled by the government. You don't see a problem with this?
    I would if I thought the government was evil, but I don't think this.

Not as long as there is good administration there, like Bush.

The moment a democratic liberal whacko like Kerry for example becomes president, then I'll be worried.

mmmm, 3000 pages long and Johnathon Wheeler read it all in one day, and is interpeting it for us morons??..Wait, is this the same Mr Wheeler that is connected with alternative news??...

I am taking all this with a grain of salt..MHO..

chevyman..
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    – Theodore Roosevelt

SG Enthusiast
    Here's what you gotta understand, the terrorists are here, now, in this country. We don't have to worry about them from afar, because they are here now. My next door neighbor could be a terrorist, the guy two streets down could be a terrorist, it sucks, but that is simply the world we live in now, and we must deal with it.

We must take measures to make the US safer, internally. The current system is not working, anyone can see this, so changes need to be made. They are doing their best to make this a safer country, hey, it may not be perfect, but they do have our safety at heart.

And along the way if they can make things better in regards to identity theft, credit card fraud and the like, I'm all for that.
    President Bush lobbied hard for these provisions, only objecting when Senator Sensenbrenner attempted to require these same provisions for illegal aliens but which the President opposed. This provision was dropped from the final bill.
    You think these terrorists you are so afraid of are all citizens, or might there be a chance some of them are illegal aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuf
    You think these terrorists you are so afraid of are all citizens, or might there be a chance some of them are illegal aliens?
    well yeah obviously some are illegal aliens, some are citizens

they are here now, there is no question of this

Burke,

Wow....

I would like to get my hands on this piece of legislation and read it for myself, because if it has a provision with regards to gun ownership....anarchy is not far behind.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Attitudes like yours scare me more than terrorists Brent.

Quote Originally Posted by De Plano
    You scare me more than terrorists Brent.

Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by De Plano
    Attitudes like yours scare me more than terrorists Brent.
    Ain't that the bloody truth

I am with Brent..think it is a good thing for many reasons.

I dont see how I am losing my freedom..

Broke
    So when do the book burnings start to take place.
    George Orwell would be proud to have GW as a character in one of his books.
    What really sucks is that when the civil war breaks out it is certain to spill over onto Canadian soil

The main problem here is biometrics. You can change a pin number or an account number, but you can't change your finger prints. Justification for credit card theft is a joke, too. I haven't actually signed a credit card in years, yet merchants in serveral widespread parts of the country still accept them. Why not implant a RFID chip and cut to the chase? Yeah...... you could get it in your hand, or maybe your forehead.....

Nothing will be made safer because of this. The 9/11 hijackers had legit id's. If they had had matching biometric identifiers, nothing would have changed. What's changed is that air hijackings in the USA will be severely curtailed for decades. If I am ever on a flight where someone tries to hijack it, I'll be damned if I just stand by and hope things go ok, and no self respecting pilot will surrender control of his craft.

And Brent, it is inevitable that someone will get into power to abuse this law, and laws are often passed but almost never repealed. You are the epitome of Franklin's quote; you're willing to give up liberty for some temporary safety, temporary until your liberal whacko gets into office. What sickens me is that not only are you willing to give up your own rights, you're more than happy to give up mine as well.

Broke
    I can see all computer modems having card slots and you having to insert your ID card into the modem before it will function. Then it will track each and every page visited, every word typed and every search conducted.
    Hiways having card slots so that the government can track each and every place you drive, stop and visit.
    Man this is so Orwellian it is scarey

people are so paranoid..lol

Not only the US having this national ID , but also the UK, Canada, Netherlands, mexico and some South American countries...

I believe that the future is now..

chevyman..
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    – Theodore Roosevelt

Broke
    Totalitarianism is any political system in which a citizen is totally subject to a governing authority in all aspects of day-to-day life. It goes well beyond dictatorship or typical police state measurers, and even beyond those measures required to sustain total war between states. It involves constant indoctrination achieved by propaganda to erase any potential for dissent, by anyone, including most especially the agents of government.

Political scientists generally see totalitarianism as the extreme form of dictatorship.