Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Snow is here

  1. #21
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163
    No snow here

    but its colder at least, finally feels like Thanksgiving

  2. #22
    Elite Member BaLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Bell County, Tejas
    Posts
    14,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Set
    Yea i guess

    This freeze rain is what scares me that Snit is dangerous

    Radio is reporting so many accidents
    no we're talking something diff.

    freezing rain is a different story



    good luck with that...
    as far as freezing rain + snow, I had a little fender bender myself last yr.

  3. #23
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163
    just turned the heat on for the first time this season

    low tonight is gonna be 32F

  4. #24
    Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Set
    This is what a bad snow storm and a moron driver did to me last year




    Wishen for better luck this year + i refuse to drive in that mess any more

    I dont care if its weather related, I would PUNCH the other driver for that. I cant stand poor drivers...simply moronic...
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

  5. #25
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    No snow here

    but its colder at least, finally feels like Thanksgiving

    lol when i lived in fort worth two years ago it was during the thanksgiving time. People on the highway were looking at me like i was crazy, driving around with my t-shirt and the widows down on the highway! While they are running around in winter coats....

    My wifes mother was saying its like 10 degrees cooler in dallas than it is in san antonio (or at least was a couple weeks ago)...I have yet to really NEED a jacket yet here...

    God i miss the cold...something about curling up with my wife to keep warm....

    We have been keeping the windows open at night to try to make the bedroom cold...heheheh
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  6. #26
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163
    Quote Originally Posted by JBKM
    lol when i lived in fort worth two years ago it was during the thanksgiving time. People on the highway were looking at me like i was crazy, driving around with my t-shirt and the widows down on the highway! While they are running around in winter coats....

    My wifes mother was saying its like 10 degrees cooler in dallas than it is in san antonio (or at least was a couple weeks ago)...I have yet to really NEED a jacket yet here...

    God i miss the cold...something about curling up with my wife to keep warm....

    We have been keeping the windows open at night to try to make the bedroom cold...heheheh
    its cold here tonight, right now its 43 degrees, its gonna drop down to 32 by morning, so nice and cold (for texas)

    the high tomorrow though is 62 lol

    that's warmer than it should be this time of year

    i miss the cold too, when i use to live up in NC our first snow was around Halloween time, heh

  7. #27
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    its cold here tonight, right now its 43 degrees, its gonna drop down to 32 by morning, so nice and cold (for texas)

    the high tomorrow though is 62 lol

    that's warmer than it should be this time of year

    i miss the cold too, when i use to live up in NC our first snow was around Halloween time, heh
    That sounds like the exact weather forcasted for Kuwait this entire week. It's down right nippy out here at night.

  8. #28
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,526
    Blog Entries
    24
    Light dusting of snow on the ground this morning...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  9. #29
    I'm White wee96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,253
    Damn I wake up and theres 5 inches of snow on the ground! That stuff came outta nowhere!

  10. #30
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by wee96
    Damn I wake up and theres 5 inches of snow on the ground! That stuff came outta nowhere!
    Blame the Canadians.

  11. #31
    I'm White wee96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,253
    Here's what it looks like this morning:


  12. #32
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,526
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by wee96
    Here's what it looks like this morning:


    lucky you...I'm not looking forward to the snow this year...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  13. #33
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    That's not to bad. Maybe the sun will come out and melt the sidewalks and roads by noon.

  14. #34
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,526
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    That's not to bad. Maybe the sun will come out and melt the sidewalks and roads by noon.

    Bleh, I'm not looking forward to working out in the snow this year...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  15. #35
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy
    Bleh, I'm not looking forward to working out in the snow this year...
    Get that promotion and you won't have too. Say whatever happened to that position?

  16. #36
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,526
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Get that promotion and you won't have too. Say whatever happened to that position?

    It was eliminated and the duties were picked up by a higher up position
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  17. #37
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy
    It was eliminated and the duties were picked up by a higher up position
    Corporate internal resizing sucks. We're hiring.

  18. #38
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,526
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Corporate internal resizing sucks. We're hiring.

    I wonder how my reserve duties would preclude me from looking into something over there...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  19. #39
    SG Enthusiast qball15j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    3,619
    We need snow!
    Something to kick off this holiday season right!

  20. #40
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy
    I wonder how my reserve duties would preclude me from looking into something over there...
    We have Navy on camp. Navy Corpsmen....women actually....drool.

Similar Threads

  1. Lower Insurance Premiums if you Use Snow Tires?
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-09, 08:38 AM
  2. Wet 'n' Wild Winter Ahead
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-04, 07:59 AM
  3. Winter troubles - pics
    By blacklab in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-26-04, 07:21 PM
  4. Here comes the winter weather BABY!!!
    By Zilog B in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-04, 06:07 AM
  5. Winter Car Tips!
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-03, 04:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •