Thread: 2005 Rover Freelander SE3 & Nissan Frontier First Drives:

Blog Entries

Cool 2005 Rover Freelander SE3 & Nissan Frontier First Drives:

Hi to All

Rover Freelander SE3 & A look at the New Frontier by Nissan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nissan has been listening to the market. Responding to consumer demand, Nissan's compact pickup truck, the Frontier, has been up-sized for 2005, joining GM and Toyota in abandoning the compact pickup segment for the potentially more lucrative mid-size market.

Full-size pickup trucks outsell compact pickups in Canada by a margin of more than seven to one. Last year, full size pickups accounted for 12.7 percent of all vehicle sales in Canada. In contrast, less than 2 percent of sales were compact pickups - just 28,700 sales for the Chevrolet S10, Pontiac Sonoma, Ford Ranger, Mazda B-Series, Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier combined. The larger, mid-sized Dodge Dakota did better than any of them with 14,126 Canadian sales in 2003.

And while all vehicle sales were down 6.4 percent in 2003, small trucks declined 9 percent while sales of large trucks were down just 2.8 percent. No wonder then that the compact pickup truck is fast disappearing.

For more info

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/05frontier.htm

--

2005 Rover Freelander SE3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Land Rover Freelander stands alone atop the compact SUV segment, price and ability-wise. Competition includes everything from the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV, which dominate the class, to newcomers like the Hyundai Tucson. But Land Rover offers a combination of heritage and off-road ability that the other players can't match, with the possible exception of the Jeep Liberty.

For more info
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...freelander.htm

--

regards

minir

Hey Minir

Saw that freelander in front of my driveway the other day. Its about the size of a Rav IV and butt ugly. Not a true Rover.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

If the frontier is anything like the Titan i'll be very impressed.
    I took the Titan for a drive in the summer and boy was that a nice truck. Too bad it's so expensive.

If it were priced a bit closer to it's competition (GMC, Chev and Ford) I'm sure it would eat into their market.

Blog Entries
    Good Morning thepieman & SRF01

thepieman
    I agree with you, the looks...well they don't look too good. It go anywhere ability however seems to be intact. Tough sell though imho as well

--

SRF01
    One thing going for them though is stone cold reliability. They are the Rock Chevy wishes they were.

I concur, Nice Truck

--

Thanks Guys and Have a wonderful day

--

regards

minir