Thread: Question for hunters

Question for hunters

I thought about this the night before last. After reading the article that Chris posted I do have a question for all you hunters out there. In fact I think I should try and make it law out of respect for the animals being hunted.

I went out in front of my house and lit up a cig, almost immediately I had to take a leak so I strolled over near some trees that are about forty feet from my front door. I whip it out and start the oh so releaving process and heard something big bound away from the other side of the trees. SO it was about 25 feet give or take from me. I pinched and backed up, thought about it for a few and thought I was nuts and continued with what I was doing. I heard something big continue towards the compost. I walk back over finish my smoke and go inside.

Well my dog starts to go off when I come back in, so I let him out and he gives his bear bark and starts running around with one of Humboldts dogs for 5-10 minutes.

What I am getting at here is, that bear could have taken me out with ease. I think on top of other reasons that a bear wouldn't attack someone, there was a understanding that I was out there relieving myself and that is just not a time when an animal should attack another animal.

So when you all are out there hunting, would you kill an animal taking a leak or dropping a load?

If it is not illegal already I propose making it illegal to shoot another creature that is doing its "business", heck while I am at it, I may as well include animals having sex. Let them finish and enjoy that feeling for at least a few seconds

There I am done with this random stupid thought for at least five minutes.
    I hope you were all thinking of something a lot more productive than what I was.

I need to file this one but I'm not sure where! LOL

So the age old mystery continues as to why the bear uses the woods to do his dirty work?

I take it those are brown or black bears in your area, right?

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    I need to file this one but I'm not sure where! LOL

So the age old mystery continues as to why the bear uses the woods to do his dirty work?

I take it those are brown or black bears in your area, right?

no...it was a Panda DH.....now what the hell type of bear do you think it was lol?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I'd prolly fall out of my treestand laughing if I saw two deer getting it on during gun season...

I do know a guy that shot two deer with only one bullet though
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    no...it was a Panda DH.....now what the hell type of bear do you think it was lol?

Just struck me as funny, dunno why, but I did LOL at that one.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    One that uses the woods vs using Deplano's outhouse...lol

Brown and black bears aren't very aggressive. They can't see very well and for the most part, don't mind savaging for food. Of course the salmon runs in the creeks are a different story for them......

Now if you spook one, then that's a different story but for the most part, they stay clear of humans if they aren't used to contact with them.

To them....humans taste like bear..lol

Black bear DH. I don't know if there are any grizzly bears left in California, other than on the flags and in zoos. By the way I tried ammonia on meat in zip locks for my garbage and he hasn't knocked it over since then. There are three raccoons in two of the trees right now though. Maybe their cutting in on the bears apple supply

I did get a healthy chortle out of that one UOD

Hell schlurpee, you know you would be cheering them on and trying to tuck dollar bills into that rack