Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well everyone. I will not be around for the next couple of days. I just wanted to take this time to wish all of you a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Likewise! Enjoy!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thanks Debbie!!!

Wish the same for you, Happy Turkey Day, mmmmmmmmm can't wait to eat me stuffing, turkey and gravey, yummmmmmmmmmm what a tasty holiday.

I could gobble it all up

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    Well everyone. I will not be around for the next couple of days. I just wanted to take this time to wish all of you a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving!
    Debbie the same to you, Also this would be a good time to remind certain people to take the Bird out of the freezer and do not wait until the Day before Thanksgiving...LOL..

chevyman282
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Likewise! Enjoy!
    Where's my recipe for that stuffing?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    Where's my recipe for that stuffing?
    Ahh sorry, didn't see your follow up in the "Hey Gang" post.

What I'm doing, is basically taking the traditional stuffing recipe (wife does it by memory, lightly bake some cut bread cubes in oven, mix in with olive oil, lotsa butter, seasonings like thyme, parsley, tiny bit of crushed garlic. I don't know the "generic stuffing" recipe by heart, but she does.

I'm adding to that...loose ground (pre-cooked) sausage which I'll pickup at the market tomorrow, either sweet italian, or something like herb 'n garlic sausage. Just the loose package of it...if links is all I can find, I'll pull the casings off. Kinda chop it up fine with a wide wooden spatula as it cooks..to break it up into small bits.

So I'm "shooting from the hip" by taking just a regular stuffing mix, and adding my own touch to it from stuff I've picked up in the past.

I bought about 4 packages of mixed wild mushrooms, dried, and the market this weekend. Plus another package of ****akes, dry. Tomorrow night I'll soak them in a 50/50 mix of chicken stock and white wine. Maybe 60/40 or ever 70/30 mix...I'll see how the wine tastes. Don't wanna overpower the mushrooms with wine. Thinking of even mixing in a little apple cider to tie in with the rest of the theme.

I also bought 3x granny smith apples...which I'll slice up on a mandolin, after skinning them.

The sausage, mushrooms, and apple....I'll mix up...then add the stuffing into that, mixing up gently, yet evenly.

As for the turkey, I've never even had a "brine soaked" bird before. I can post that recipe if you wish, when I get home tonight. It's basically 50% applie cider, chicken stock, I think I'll mix in a little white wine. Whole pepper corns, fresh grated ginger, hmmm....some orange peels, I forget how much salt...but quite a bit, like at least a cup. Soak the whole bird in it for at least a day ahead of time. Wife found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine, last months issue I think. We're modifying that recipe. Keeping out the cloves for one, we both hate cloves.

I may be holding off of "stuffing the bird" this year. I've always had it stuffed, but I'm striving for a super juicy bird, and stuffing does screw up the cooking time, and absorb a lot of inner juices. I'm shooting for the perfect cookings temps...breast must not pass 161 degrees, else it begins to dry, and thighs should reach 180 degrees...no higher. Not sure, haven't finalized decision of stuff it yet.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving Debbie! And everyone else too!
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Happy Thanks giving to u yankees!

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving Debbie!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal
    Happy Thanks giving to u yankees!
    Youre farther north than she is

Happy Day!

Thanks debbie..
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Gobble Gobble!

Thanks Debbie...and where the heck have you been? We had our family gathering for turkey day this past Saturday...twas the only day that the entire family could get together...however...I am going fishing Thursday...then taking me own self out for the meal! Whee!! Great day for me!
    Mystical Folding Minx

SG Enthusiast
    Happy Thanksgiving Debbie
    Looking for work............

Thank you very much. I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Thankgiving weekend
    http://members.speedguide.net/daddylongleg/speedguidesig.jpg