Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I'm stuck at <this>" thread for Half Life 2

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

"I'm stuck at <this>" thread for Half Life 2

After going in the airboat for a bit, you come to the second gates that I guess you have to open somehow. Park airboat, go up into building, take out a few guards going through that room with the 2 armored vehicles, go across this open spot with a couple of wagons with crates on them, two dumpsters, one more room with a couple of guards, and a broken gate open control on the outside of it.

I'm guessing you must build a stack with the crates and attempt to hop the fence or something?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Think Exploding barrels. When your outside by the broken control for the gate turn to your right.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Ahh..I do remember seeing barrels there, just didn't look like there was anything nearby they could punch a hole through. Cool, I'll blast 'em when I get home tonight.

Meanwhile I'm here at this brainiac thinktank research facility trying to save data from their failed SQL server. Ugh what a junkbox, at least the rest of the server cabinet is filled with nice new Dell servers...this is the last of their home grown clone junkbox servers that some local mom 'n pop computer show that went out of business built for them years ago.

When you see the brand name "Jaton", and "Quantum" in a server...run...run really fast!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Next stumper I'm at....in the Ravenwood or whatever level...after that wacky priest throws you the shotgun....I'm just walking around that area looking for some way out. Seems to be I need to head in the direction of that water tank...but can't find a way up there, or across to the building where that priest was.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Next stumper I'm at....in the Ravenwood or whatever level...after that wacky priest throws you the shotgun....I'm just walking around that area looking for some way out. Seems to be I need to head in the direction of that water tank...but can't find a way up there, or across to the building where that priest was.
    jump into the water tank from the ledge

just run and jump in

This game is great. Everyonce in a while it'll make ya go "hmmmm, now what do I do" Yet theres always a clue or two to keep ya poundin away...
    Nothing Safe!

i liked when you had to jump over the gap once you emergde out of the red tunnles, their was watter at the bottom with a ladder.. and their was wooden spools and crates traped under water. i was there for 30 minutes tring to bust a pipe open to flood the room,

lol figuring out how to hopen the gate you first had problems with aas no problem for me, but the next place down river if freakin hard with that helicoper flyin around, use the guns in a tower to blaste the copter down and free up about a minute...
    ------------------------------------------------
    .specs.
    Abit Nf7-S rev 2~AMD AThlon xp 2500+ ~(1.83ghz)@3400+(2.442ghz)~tt valconoe 12+~Geil Ultra Series~256MB DDR PC-3500~ATI-AIW-Radeon~9800pro-128mb_ddr~100 gig' for xp
    ---------------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subsane
    This game is great. Everyonce in a while it'll make ya go "hmmmm, now what do I do" Yet theres always a clue or two to keep ya poundin away...

That's what I love about Half Life over the other shooters out there...the puzzles are hard enough to make you have to think to solve them, but it's not obvious that they're puzzles...

SG Enthusiast
    Ok, I'm at the top of the reactor. I've knocked out the two gunships with the orbs. I figure you have to use the gravity gun and the orbs to close the two door hatches, but all I can seem to do is hit them twice before the fall down again.
    Looking for work............

Bridge scene was awesome. That dune buggy was a blast also, nice sounds to it too!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Bridge scene was awesome. That dune buggy was a blast also, nice sounds to it too!
    I just got through there yesterday. Never thought a video game would make me sweat from fear of hights.
    Abit NF7, 2500+ o/c'd to 3200+, 1GB 3200 DDR, 9800Pro 128M, DVDrw, 80GB 8M, XPpro

ya i just did the bridge scene last nite, very cool, i love shooting that flying thing out of the air, it makes some great sounds when it blows up.

so fun, i did it a few times

what is the trick to make your soldiers follow you, mine keep dying and i think i need one to unlock the keypad in the lighthouse ?
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

SG Enthusiast
    I believe you use c. I made it all the way to where I am, without really using them. Even when the get waxed there seem to be more right around the bend. The most useful being the medic.
    Looking for work............

ya i just had to shoot that last flying thing out of the air, and then a medic opened the dooor for me

i just got through the sandtrap deal, man them ant creatures are annoying.
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    ya i just had to shoot that last flying thing out of the air, and then a medic opened the dooor for me

i just got through the sandtrap deal, man them ant creatures are annoying.
    I'm just past that....there that alien creature leads you along this path to a sand pit...where he tells you to toss something in the pit. I don't know what the heck it is you need to toss in the pit. It's something that baits/lures the sand lions. I apparently have missed something I was supposed to pick up.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm just past that....there that alien creature leads you along this path to a sand pit...where he tells you to toss something in the pit. I don't know what the heck it is you need to toss in the pit. It's something that baits/lures the sand lions. I apparently have missed something I was supposed to pick up.
    he hands you some bait, it should show up in the weapon menu.

maybe go back and kill the big daddy ant again, it he gives it to you after that while he is talking to ya.
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mark

maybe go back and kill the big daddy ant again, it he gives it to you after that while he is talking to ya.
    Ahh...I think I was still goofing off out in that open area as he opened the gate door, so perhaps I missed the handoff. It's not in my weapons menu, I went through that assuming something "new" had been added.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

what map is that on

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    what map is that on
    i think it is one of the coast maps
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

roughly how many hours long is hl2?

i have gotten the airboat and got the badd ass gun attatched to it i aint to much further,

and you know how the start up screen for hl2 changes, well the first one with the people walking, was cool but im on the second one, and it is all blury like it never finished loading the pic or some thing, i have console on, does this effect any thing?
    ------------------------------------------------
    .specs.
    Abit Nf7-S rev 2~AMD AThlon xp 2500+ ~(1.83ghz)@3400+(2.442ghz)~tt valconoe 12+~Geil Ultra Series~256MB DDR PC-3500~ATI-AIW-Radeon~9800pro-128mb_ddr~100 gig' for xp
    ---------------------------------------------