Thread: Cable Modem On or Off???? HELLLPPPP!!!!!!!!

georgedb1

Angry Cable Modem On or Off???? HELLLPPPP!!!!!!!!

I have Optus@Home, and now that tey have an Average Download Limit and If I go over that limit I could get my Cable Access Dissconnected Immediately, do you think it's a good Idea to leave me Cable modem on? Or at least connected to my Laptop??? I don't want my PC to recieve any Data cause I could go over the Average User Download Limit. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!1

ssjDoh

I've got a limit too, but I don't know what they would do if I go over it. For cogeco@home, it is a max of 5GB down and 1GB up

SeedOfChaos

Originally posted by ssjDoh:
    I've got a limit too, but I don't know what they would do if I go over it. For cogeco@home, it is a max of 5GB down and 1GB up
    I do that in one day at times... how can you live?!?!?

ssjDoh

heh, I don't think they enforce it though, cause on some months (like the first 2) I easily exceeded the d/l limit. hehe was taking advantage of >100KB/s d/l

sending you to cable modem forum, oh yeah baby, cable modem forum here i come!

Gypo77

George,

Leave it on. As long as you dont have napster or some appl running in the backround its OK. If you notice the transfer light flashing, its ok. THis is because of the Multicast that Optus were providing during the Olympic period. Otherwise just make sure that no apps are running that might need to make some sort of transfer.
    Therefore, always on.

Battleship

Cool

You should leave it connected. If for whatever reason there is some data going through your modem for whatever reason it is probably only a small amount.
    What is your ISP's download limit. That really sucks to have a limit.

------------------
    A:\ >format c:
    WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK
    DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST!
    Proceed with format (Y/N)?y