Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xanax: What is it used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    Xanax should not be used a lot. Unless supervised by or recommended by a doctor.
    only doctor can give you prescription for it so its always supervised or recommended by doctor
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

yeah rivas, but its also a drug that is " Deal Illegally " so don't get addictive.
    Give me a fish, and you feed me for a day, teach me to fish and I won't be so damn lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    yeah rivas, but its also a drug that is " Deal Illegally " so don't get addictive.
    you are right,never thought about that
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    only doctor can give you prescription for it so its always supervised or recommended by doctor
    Like me! Send it to me! I will supervise it and I know how to take/recommend it.

Trust me!
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by De Plano
    I think that is what my buddy took the night he woke up in the morining with cheese still in his mouth, glass in his hair, wrecked truck, and a whole in the middle of the windshield where the fence post impaled the cab of the truck.

(Don't take it with alcohol and drive)
    No I dont drink thankfully.

Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    i take klonopin...which i think is the same class..it works pretty good..knocks me out real well when i need it

btw who prescribed it for you and did not tell you what it does? what kind of doctor is that?
    Shes not a doctor. LOL

PIE
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

[QUOTE=chevyman282]
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    I hear a lot of people talking about this. Someone gave me 5 pills when I said I don't always sleep good. Is it a sleeping pill?

thepieman, here is some info on those pills..I myself would never take a pill someone gave me unless it was my Dr...I have heard too many stories of allergic reactions a person took a pill, some one gave them..JMHO..

chevyman282

XANAX Generic Name: alprazolam (al PRAH zoe lam) Brand Names: Xanax, Xanax XR. Alprazolam is an anti anxiety agent, benzodiazepine's. Used primarily for short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety and nervous tension. Alprazolam is also effective in the treatment of activity depression or panic attacks. It can be useful in treating irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety due to a neurosis as well. Alprazolam may help the symptoms of PMS if extreme, some cancers pains if given with various narcotics, Alprazolam is used to relieve anxiety, nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders. agoraphobia, essential tremor, and ringing ears.

If Stop Taking: Do not stop without consulting your physician and never abruptly if have been taking for over three weeks. Seizures may be a side effect of sudden discontinuation of the medication. Your doctor may recommend a gradual reduction in your dose.

Overdose symptoms include: Confusion, loss of consciousness, or sleepiness. Can be fatal.Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
    Symptoms of an alprazolam overdose include:

Sleepiness.
    Dizziness.
    Confusion.
    A slow heart beat.
    Difficulty breathing.
    Difficulty walking and talking.
    An appearance of being drunk.
    Unconsciousness.
    Remember: Keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
    Wow thanks...seizures if you stop taking it...yeesh man some of these drugs are scary. It has let me sleep good except for today I had a freaky dream I was getting busted for drugs More then likely tho I woke up and Freddy -Vs- Jason was on TV and some guy was breaking into a drug locker in a psycho ward ..musta had to do with that.

Pie

Please help My husband has severe depression and SAD. Depression started many yrs ago SAD just a yr or so ago. He is in crisis right now and has been that way for a month now. Have gone to the hospital, no help. Psychiatrist has changed him from being on Celexa, Synthroid and Ativan on Monday. He is still taking Effexor for depression and just switched to Xanax on Monday. He can and has been taking 4 a day, we have seen NO effect. Can someone help? Any suggestions on what to do to reduce the anxiety? And shouldn't it be working yet? I am really scared and concerned for him.

I think Xanax Brand is best product.
    Last edited by subject180; 02-25-11 at 04:46 AM.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subject180 View Post
    Please help My husband has severe depression and SAD. Depression started many yrs ago SAD just a yr or so ago. He is in crisis right now and has been that way for a month now. Have gone to the hospital, no help. Psychiatrist has changed him from being on Celexa, Synthroid and Ativan on Monday. He is still taking Effexor for depression and just switched to Xanax on Monday. He can and has been taking 4 a day, we have seen NO effect. Can someone help? Any suggestions on what to do to reduce the anxiety? And shouldn't it be working yet? I am really scared and concerned for him.
    so it seems like you've just posted something from 4 years ago on some health site... and now you necro bump a 6 year old thread?
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

has he tried suicide? What about murder/suicide?
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Please help My husband has severe depression and SAD. Depression started many yrs ago SAD just a yr or so ago. He is in crisis right now and has been that way for a month now. .
    Maybe you can give him some sex? Take a good shower, wash up down there...trim it up nice, start with some oral so he can get rid of that first quickshot..and for the rest of the night, do every position possible, multiple times...until the sun comes up...and he's lost so much fluid he's shriveled up like a raisin!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Is he in therapy? All those drugs won't do jack unless he comes to terms with what put him in that state of mind to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    has he tried suicide? What about murder/suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Maybe you can give him some sex? Take a good shower, wash up down there...trim it up nice, start with some oral so he can get rid of that first quickshot..and for the rest of the night, do every position possible, multiple times...until the sun comes up...and he's lost so much fluid he's shriveled up like a raisin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You guys are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad! :P

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

It's just a "Q & A spammer"...they pose as someone asking a legit question, then in a week or so another username (oddly...from the same IP address) will come back and post some reply about an amazing new website to <do whatever> that helps the first usernames question.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

A case of Schizophrenia?

Blog Entries

It's just a "Q & A spammer"...they pose as someone asking a legit question, then in a week or so another username (oddly...from the same IP address) will come back and post some reply about an amazing new website to <do whatever> that helps the first usernames question.

YOSC, if you do a search on the I.P. on google, do you get any hits ?

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    YOSC, if you do a search on the I.P. on google, do you get any hits ?
    eh I reported it and linked to the other posts in the report. it's cross-site. word for word it's posted on a health site.
    http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drug...xiety-disorder
    Also was posted 4 years ago on the same site.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Wow....really?? I honestly thought it was a genuine request for some help and or advice...I see my patient advocate skills and training are still the quickest part of me to repond. Thanks for the heads-up my friend. Who would want to do that in the first place? Kudo's!
    Mystical Folding Minx