Thread: COMCAST@HOME IS AWFUL!!!!!!! HERE IS PROOF!

Post COMCAST@HOME IS AWFUL!!!!!!! HERE IS PROOF!

Hello!

This is a computer generated response confirming that your e-mail
    message has been received by Comcast@Home. There is no need to respond
    to this message. All inquiries are answered in the order they are
    received.

Thank you for contacting us. We are currently experiencing system
    problems causing some response delay. Please rest assured that we will
    be responding to your email as soon as possible. So as to minimize any
    further response delays, we ask that you do not send multiple e-mail
    messages (on the same subject) before you have received a response, as
    this can cause confusion and possibly delay our response to you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
    Your Comcast@Home E-mail Response Team

Lobo

What am I missing here, they are asking you why use two words when one will do

Angry

This is due to me buying my own cable modem! If they can't figure out how to create an account for someone who already owns their own cable modem....THEN IT'S NO WONDER THAT THEY CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEIR NETWORK AND YOUR CONNECTIONS!

NOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY! 14 CALLS AND COUNTING AND I STILL GET A DIFFERENT ANSWER EACH TIME I CALL TO SET UP MY ACCOUNT. IT'S NO WONDER THAT SO MANY OF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SERVICE.

EVERY TIME I CALL THERE ARE NUMEROUS OUTAGES ACROSS THE NATION. I THINK THE PEOPLE DOWN SOUTH ARE REALLY GETTING HIT HARD AS THEY HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING SLOW TO NO CONNECTION FOR THE PAST WEEK!

wHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THESE PEOPLE?

AS SOON AS MY ACCOUNT IS CREATED...I'M GOING TO CANCEL IT, AND GO TO CRUMMY OLD ISDN!!!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Lobo

Whats up with all the Caps

Angry

I'm trying to spread the word and alert consumers to a situation that they can try to avoid. The caps are used to stress my points as being very important. Yes, sometimes you have to yell a little to get someones attention, I'm sorry but that is just the way that it is sometimes. I sometimes think that netiquette is overated as it is just an excuse for people to complain about something that lacks substance. I think people want and need to hear themselves talk or write for that matter just so they can be seen! No offense to you but I think your posts along with that great big picture of Dale Earnhardt's car is a total waste of bandwidth and that is a very big violation of netiquette, especially on a site that espouses speed!

Lobo

First thats Jrs. car, second you need to learn how to spell, and third, shouting at us
    will not help you out, venting day, I feel it comming

Angry

I've been waiting for this moment and expected it really...now your feathers are ruffled because someone who isn't an "advanced member" like yourself challenged you with the use of logic and common sense. I said that I was sorry and that I didn't mean to offend you but now you are being nitpicky. Yes, that is the Dale Jr. car. I can see that but it seems to me that you want to act this way in order to prove your advanced member status. Well go ahead and have fun. As far as spelling goes, who cares? I just wanted to know why you insist on hogging bandwidth with that picture. It's like you are a kid screaming at everyone saying...me me me me...I'm right here...look at me!!!! Again, sorry to bother you!

Detroit, Michigan Internet: Comcast Narrowband

That sucks. Called to order and came out next day, boom, up.
    Work: DQ
    Comp: AXP 1600+, MSI K7T266a Pro2 RU, 512MB PC2100, GF3 Ti200 128MB

Talking

Have you check to see if your modem is compatibal with their system. Just wandering! Or they maybe haveing Problems as they have stated to you. Or they may not want to connect with the modem you bought.Just a thought. I hope you do get this straighten out. But Please do not take it out on Lobo he was just trying to understand you. Sounds more like they are just not up and running right now. They have been changing their system around from what I have read on them. So as I said I hope you do get things straight with them. I can understand why you are mad. I would have just not bothered after the 3rd call and took my business eles where. But thats me! Any way GoodLuck!
    Have A Nice Day!!!!!!!!!

Lobo

Gee I was thinking of making bigger picture,
    well I can see tour upset, so we will just leave it at that

Lobo

your

Talking

yeah! watch those darn 12k sigs Lobo

uod2001, How long have you been trying to get your service with your own modem hooked up for? From your first post there just wasn't much to go on. I think Lobo was just trying to figure out what you were trying to say and then came your all caps post (believe me we've all been there). And as far as you calling Comcast 14 time to try and get your account set up, sorry but that just shocks most of us I think, they don't want your money? doesn't make sense for them. I still think the whole you buy the modem and we'll hook you up deal just isn't the best way to go. Too little responsibility for them. And i think messages like this do tell us how they react to people who buy theyre own modems. Hopefully it will get better. What kind of modem did you buy anyway, just curious.

I've been trying for 1 week now. I bought the 3Com Home Connect. What irks me to no end is just how awful this has been. All I wanted to do was to buy my own modem and get connected. I thought that I could save a few friggin bucks by doing it this way and I would actually LEARN something in the process. I'd rather fail and learn than anything else. But they can't figure out step one for me because they said that this is out of the norm for them! Unbelievable!!!